(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage hadn’t forgotten about agreeing to meeting with her cousin more privately, but, well, things got away from her. So she makes good on the invite and tells him to meet her at Nox in one of the meeting rooms.

She was standing at the end of the large table, papers in hand and spread out in front of her.

Behind her were wooden boxes, in various sizes, leaning against the wall, large enough to perhaps hold pieces of art. Some, in fact were open but were still wrapped.

Sitting beside her was a fairly large rottweiler, roughly one hundred and twenty-five pounds. But this wasn’t a regular dog, this was clearly of supernatural origins. A Hell Hound. Solid muscle, dark, red eyes that glowed with a malice and hate for everyone except his master.

Classical music was playing from a cell and the Prince herself was fairly casual. Black dress pants and a white shredded top.

The door was open.
    JC Smith Scourge
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC felt a shiver of fear when he received the invitation to meet with the Prince. Even after remembering they had talked about this, it didn’t stop there from being a small chance that this would be his last night. And that feeling only increased when he entered the room. Despite the casualness of her clothes revealing more of her tattoos, they did nothing to hide the dangerous nails on her exquisite hands or the air of dominance she carried. To say nothing of the primal instincts her presence awakened to writhing terror.

He bowed, trying to take in the rest of the meeting area as a way to distract himself from the initial rush. Or maybe a less obvious escape route if the Beast had anything to say about it.

“Good evening, Prince Antinori,” he said trying to get to a place mentally where his smile wasn’t being forced through the fear.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She felt the weaker Beast before JC said anything. Her own angered that it dared speak to it, wanting Ale to rend the flesh off the bones, paint the walls with the blood. But Ale puts it back in its place. JC hadn’t earned her wraith yet.

But her Cousin caught the attention of Cain. JC was new, and the Hell Hound fixes it hatred filled gaze on him. Moving to place itself to have a full line of sight on the new Beast in the room. And while he sits back down, there was no mistaking that he was watching JC.

Looking up with a smile, “Ah, Mr Smith, good evening to you as well. Please, come in.” gesturing to the chairs. Moving papers into piles, “Thank you for meeting with me, and my apologizes for how long it took to get this meeting setup.” Lowing herself into a chair, “How have you been?”

6. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

There was still a part that reached out to Cain. Saw the beast’s movements. Knew them as aggressive while also knowing that it was still a puppy. An angry one, but a puppy non the less. Working for its master. And dangerous if that task came forward. All this he knew from his time as Kine, yet their addiction was something more with the Hell Hound. Dogs didn’t suffer addictions the same way humans did. This canine withstanding. He felt… sorry for it.

“There’s no need to apologize. All things considered, your invitation wasn’t delayed at all,”
    More fancy than normally phrased but still the truth “I’ve been…,” he paused,, considering “I’ve been working on our family talents. I… think I have the basics down,” He remembered the feeling “But I’m still working to make sure I have it down pat.” Better NOT to growl at the Prince.

It was a big shift, changing from fear to hate. And while a private setting might do for exploring, that wasn’t the case when speaking with the Prince.

“And I’ve…,” again he hesitated “Spoken with the haunted. In support of the Hazel tree. To see if such statements would be accepted.” It was on impulse but as Priscus and Prince she really should know. And he needed to know what he was capable of, at least in private. He just hoped he could run away fast enough if she disapproved. The Beast flared again with his thoughts that this could end as it so often had. Perseverance towards survival… or destruction.

“I imagine after that statement, we might both have questions?” JC knew his own, he hoped he didn't know Ale's. "How private do you consider this room?"

He knew her stated opinion on openness but this was still a hotbed for Kindred activity. Many might overhear. Maybe. And if things would go more smoothly in a 'familiar setting'.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Oh! Congratulations. I’ve offered to teach Mr Dirt Nap the ability to move swiftly, so if you need assistance with our family talents, let me know.” Not that she expected to be taken up on the offer. Not everyone wanted to learn from her. And she got it.

The hesitation was noted, to her, it made her think someone had something to hide.

“Perhaps you care to elaborate?” she offers, sitting back in her seat.

A shoulder shrugged, “A room is only so private in Elysia. You’ll find it difficult to find any room within these walls that is completely private. I, personally, have nothing to hide, and don’t concern myself with such worries.” If she wanted absolute privacy, she had a Haven for that.

“But if you wish to keep speaking in code, then we can move this conversation to a local bar or club. Though it won’t be this evening. Otherwise, speak freely Mr. Smith and don’t waste my time.” she was busy, and would not speak in code in her Elysia.

10. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC wasn’t sure how much comfort he was supposed to take. At the worst of time Elysium was a minefield. At best, a place to speak carefully.

“I know the basics of moving fast,”
    he admitted with a slight smile. It hadn’t come ‘naturally’ but it was something he’d worked on to survive.

“I also know more than basic of how to listen. More even. How to read a room. Hear beyond the Cacophony.”
    He suspected it was the primary reason his sire had chosen him… beyond testing mental fortitude. Mental veracity. “And I know enough to influence politics beyond my family… or my organization.”

JC moved the blood in his fists. In and out. “I can extrapolate opinions. Like how you are a rising star within the Invictus.” But not the top dog.” Like how Priscus Hazelton has expressed to Jacque an interest in your projects. And if need be, I can sway family and organization opinion.”

“Interfere with ‘internal’ politics,” he stated “It’s something I can do. And it hasn’t always been appreciated. It’s why… I’ve moved around so often so far.” And this made the next city on his list. Would Alessandra accept his talents? Would Jennifer? There was only one way to test and that was where he was at. One in the line of option that he might have to flee with all haste. And this time with a hell hound on his heals. "I've made my voice known in support of Priscus Hazelton, since I doubt she or her family would want that fact known, especially given how small their family is now. And... I've let you know."

He wished he could explain better, but by her own admission, this place wasn’t completely safe. He’d said it as straight as he could but truth be told, that might be for the best. Deniability. A chance to escape.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A light chuckle, “I was referring to our families gift, but am glad to know you have the other ability under control.”

An eyebrow arches as she listens, “I advise you to tread very carefully on that front. Not all families or Covenants are welcoming to outsiders making their opinions known.” She wouldn’t welcome such interference in her Clan. “It may cause you more trouble than you are ready to deal with.” That was her only warning on it. He would make his own choices.

“I would advice against it. Invictus business, and who is a rising star does not belong on the tongue on those outside of it.” Plain and simple.

Her eyes narrow, “I see why it is not appreciated. Interfering with matters you have no working knowledge on is dangerous ground. Just because you have the ability to do something, does not mean you should. As far as Priscus Hazelton is concerned, she is free to form her own opinions on the matter.” She didn’t control Jennifer. “But was is curious to me is what your price to her is going to be. Nothing is free, not in our world. Though I suppose that is something settled between the two of you.” Meaning she wasn’t going to pry.

“Now I remember you had some questions when we last spoke that I was unable to answer given our location. Did you still have those questions?”

14. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"That's the thing. On the level of knowing where people stand within their own Covenant or Clan, it's not exactly something I try to hear. It's something I perceive instinctively. It's just something I've been trained to figure out, even if I tried to ignore it." He gave a nodded bow. "But I won't speak about it further to anyone of Invictus matters." She knew now. That was the important thing. If she wanted to know more, she'd ask. He'd just make sure to avoid talking within Invictus circles. And if she wanted his assistance, he knew he could provide it.

"My price?" he sounded bit concerned "Nothing right now, more just a... gesture of goodwill." An investment.

"I do still have questions. The use of 'my' and the banishment of a bloodline," he commented "Why are those things forbidden, but only one within the laws?" Unspoken rules were part of every society but Kindred society was more constructed than most.

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She listens, because it was important. “I’ve always been of the mind that merit and praise should be earned through hard work and dedication to ones Covenant and Domain. And those of the Invictus will decide when I’ve earned the right to rise in its ranks.” Not some outsider. “But I don’t speak for the Covenant as a whole, should you approach another, that’s their business, and yours.” She wouldn’t interfere, unless she had to.

Now she looks skeptical, “Everything has a price. No one gives without expecting something in return, not in our society. And a gesture of goodwill is nice, but it makes one suspicious, when will the gesture turn into a demand? But, you do what you do, just be aware that others may find it suspicious as well.” No price, ha. There was a price, he just wasn’t willing to discuss it because she turned his offer away.

“The use of ‘My’ is an Invictus issue. The use of it is disparaging to a member of the Invictus. You are either saying you own the Kindred in question, or you are challenging them. I’ve seen Kindred ashed in Court for doing it, and I would rather not see it done again. So using it before someones name or position, especially to an Invictus, may not end well for you. It’s why it’s mentioned ahead of time, to avoid the mistake.”
    And to let you live another night. “It is not in the Laws because it is an Invictus matter, and typically not an issue. And even though it is not an Invictus Domain, it is still a grave insult, and not one I recommend testing.” Though she had to wonder if people did it just to test it.

“The Bloodline is one that causes great discord within a Domain. They are able to make Kindred against not only themselves, but those around them. It tears apart the fabric of Kindred society, manipulating others for the simple fact that they can. This Domain has dealt with a lot, from Hunters to the Brood, we don’t need someone walking around creating rifts and stirring the already mistrustful nature of Kindred.”

18. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC gave a sad smile at the Prince’s comments on price. There was a lot of truth in what she said. Yet at the same time he couldn’t control the feelings of others or how they’d react. All he could do was live in a way he thought best.

His expression turned curious though as she explained why ‘my’ was so bad. “So, it’s only when used in front of someone’s name or title?” he asked trying to clarify the unspoken societal rules. It seemed like a linguistic hold over “I see where the confusion would probably come from. Trying to sound more formal without understanding the cultural implication.” He’d been in a couple domains with Invictus presence and not heard of this but then kindred society was hardly a monolith and his experience was admittedly limited to only a handful of cities. “Would saying something like… ‘this is my home’ also be an insult since it would imply ownership of a portion of the domain or ‘I’ll take my seat’ within a haven?” Territory could be pretty important to Kindred too and saying you own part of it that rightful belonged to another, especially a Prince, might be just as deadly.

He nodded, he know much about Kindred abilities but that definitely sounded scary “Is it something that just naturally happens around them?” The way she spoke it kind of sounded like that. Which was even worse as he imagined being cursed to cause strife where ever you went.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread