Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
(Deadly Acquisitions)

(DA) No one can hear you scream...
Nov 30, 2020 - Jan 1, 2021
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

How far away was the security team?

Was that the echo of their own feet pounding over the marble, or was that another set of feet altogether?

Were their orders to shoot on sight?

Thoughts raced through Will's head as he tried to run for the exit.

Only...as soon as he reached it, he realized the problem: when the shit hit the fan, they must have consolidated their forces. Kept only one entrance and exit open. Easier to defend. All the others had had their shutters slammed down into place. If they were going to get out this way he'd need one hell of a lockpick.

Feel free to make suggestions William Reed and Tasi Morgan , but here are some of your options:
    Int+Larceny -3 to break out. Int+ Politics OR Science to navigate the mechanical + fire safety parts of the building. OR you could attempt to access the roof and try to get down from there.

2. Likes liked this post

Half the Fun is Risking Scars
    Presance
    (Blithe)
    Striking Looks
    (Svelte, Beguiling)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (Fashion)
    Fame
    (Fashion)
    Tasi Morgan

Professional Training Contacts:
    Fashion, Entertainment, Clubs

Status (Entertainment) 1
    Status (Fashion) 2 | Fame (Fashion) 1

Status (Compact Ashwood Abbey) 1
    Barfly

As they get to the exit, Tasi seems to shake out of it. She shudders out a breath, and grits her teeth. It helps now that she can't see her....arm.
    Lost.wet.smack-smack-smacking - no.
    And her stump it covered now, by the jacket. She's all together to hot and far, far to cold.

She take a few more breathes, the door, the exit. Leaving.
    her arm. her motherfucking stump.
    Furiosa. Ash.

She lost it, yes, but this bitch was getting a mother fucking chainsaw.

She snarls, lip curled up and teeth exposed, "Fuck." whisper soft and sibilant. "I can't..." her arm raises, but she drops it, she didn't have fingers to flick "Staff stairs? Get to the roof, then fire escape?" She offers, eyes darting around everywhere except the jacket getting sticking and wet. "I need that fucking doctor."

3 successes

4. Likes , Shane, Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post

High Performance Driving
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Resources
    Dexterity
    (Twitch Reflexes)
    William Reed

“We’ll get you to the hospital, just hold on a second…” He stood next to her, hands digging into the pocket of his jacket on her back. Pick and hammer were dragged out as he walked up to the door and knelt before it. Taking a few seconds to study the lock and security system before he got to work. There was a time crunch, either they’d waste time here or Tasi would get slower from exertion and blood loss. At least this way they were out.

He blew on the picks and got to work, this wasn’t going to be easy as he was no safecracker. He was used to breaking into cars not out of high security museums. He took a deep breath and got to work.

1 success

6. Likes , liked this post

It's probably one of the hardest locks that Will has ever picked, it's museum security after all, but nothing focuses the mind quite like carrying your hunting buddy's severed arm, and soon the tumblers click and he's able to slide the grate up enough for them to weasel through, then there's the lock on the doors, but soon the cold winter air is hitting them in the face. They're in the parking lot on the opposite side from their rides.

If they approach their cars, they'll see a small gathering of the anonymous and wealthy being led to their cars, along with about 8 security guards

Oh, and the cart holding Tasi's phone and their companions electronics...

8. Likes , liked this post

Presance
    (Blithe)
    Striking Looks
    (Svelte, Beguiling)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (Fashion)
    Fame
    (Fashion)
    Tasi Morgan

Status (Entertainment) 1

Barfly

She can feel herself breathing, anticipation choking her, as William works on the door, it's an eternity before the tumblers turn over, and they can wiggle their way through, but they do. By all the gods and devils and demons the do.

She was slight to begin with, it was easy.
    but was it easier because she - no.

"They got my phone." she realizes dully, looking at the group, the security. She's torn between she can get another one and she didn't want to leave any evidence.

She wasn't in any shape to get it back. Would William? He'd dragged her sorry self this far, maybe it was farther then Tasi would have taken anyone, but they were of the Abbey. There were exceptions.

"They could get me to a hospital quick." she says in the same tone, "Wont be hard to act like a...well." a forced, but still brittle smile. "...but I'm not thinking very....." she trails off, and doesn't look to her arm being carried by William.

10. Likes liked this post

High Performance Driving
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Resources
    Dexterity
    (Twitch Reflexes)
    William Reed

“Got your blood too.” Hopefully she wasn’t in any databases as without the monster well the two of them were likely suspects 1 and 2. Hopefully the fucker showed up on camera and the men in black stepped in to sweep this all under the rug. Worst case they’d be fugitives and then what did they have to lose?

She wasn’t wrong, they could get her there quick or she’d end up sitting and waiting for an ambulance. “They could also give you your phone, how are you going to explain it though? I can try and palm it on the way to my car. if they don't.” He was torn in two, get her to the hospital and get her well or wait for their companions and play cowboy. Nothing said he couldn’t have more fun this evening, especially since his heart was still racing from their brush with death earlier.

“Up to you, something tells me you can talk your way out of it but if you want certainty I can take you there right now. Elsewise I’m gonna play shadow for our more wayward companions and McQueen willing, cause a little chaos.” The question is do you feel lucky? Well? Do you? “But you’re the only fun one here so far and chaos will always be there.” Though our wayward companions might not be.

12. Likes , liked this post

A moment of debate passes, and soon Tasi and Will see their three comrades appear, being lead out of the building by security, with The Stranger in tow...

And, across the parking lot, Will could see the Man in the Blue Shirt climbing into a Porsche, a smirk visible on his face even across the distance.

14. Likes liked this post

Striking looks
    (Dashing Figure)
    Fame
    (Internet Following)
    Resources
    (Old Money)
    Barfly
    Presence
    (loud)
    Monty Pennington

Monty kept one eye on the woman as he approached the other two. He stopped a double arms length away from Tasi and Will. "We got a monster of a problem" He said with a flick of his head in the direction of Sabine. Warning issued he turned his attention to the cart, I need my phone, Gotta get this recorded. He moved away from the others and pushed past everyone waiting. "So sorry folks, Truly sorry but I have important business to deal with." He locked eyes with the security staff who was distributing the various items and said. "I will give you each a hundred dollars if you can pass us our belongings."

2 successes

16. Likes , Cayce, liked this post

Presance
    (Blithe)
    Striking Looks
    (Svelte, Beguiling)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (Fashion)
    Fame
    (Fashion)
    Tasi Morgan

Status (Entertainment) 1

Barfly

Nearly hysterical laugh spills passed her lips, cracking half way through as the broken sounds shove their way up, passed the knot in her throat, and the clench of her teeth.

had she cracked a tooth, another filling?

After she chokes back her laughter, she slides into that dull disconnected state. "Guess I don't need to swoon." Blinking at Monty making demands. Seeing them unbloodied, whole. Zeros and the other one....did he have a thing?

She honesty cannot remember.
    Was she still losing blood?
    Up and mobile,
    but one arm short and bloody.
    the others are here.
    they had the women. probably party to the arm thief
    everything will be fine.
    no it probably wont.

Status (Network Zero)
    Status (Private Investigator)
    Katherine Port

She turns to get a good look at the Stranger, giving a whisper to hurried to Lucas. "I was going to try and get identifying info so we can track her, but..."
    "Oh shit." Katherine swears as she sees Tasi. The Stranger fades away, falling to a lower priority behind Tasi.

Katherine hustles Tasi's side. The olive green shirt is hastily removed, leaving her in the sheath tank. She asks Tasi and William. "Can I help you?" She balls the shirt / bandage in her hand and moves closer to Tasi, attempting to apply pressure.
    Kate attempts to put a supportive arm around Tasi if the other woman allows, looking at Tasi's eyes to see if she would reject the touching.
    "Get a doctor here, now." She demands of the security that was guarding the metal carts of belongings. She puts force into her voice, keeping it level but commanding.

19. Likes , liked this post
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last