Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2011) Edward and Alice

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Nov 1, 2020 : (2011) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Thank you, Seneschal." Edward gave a small bow, keenly feeling the strain of her blindness and the awkwardness of Lyssa's presence. So he pressed on, "I wished to take the opportunity to converse; upon our first meeting, I was quite taken by the flower garden, and before I knew it, the ceremony had concluded. It is to my shame I have allowed the matter to lay fallow until now." Edward allowed his small apologetic smile to creep into his tone, something he usually suppressed.

"But, before I go further, I am simply compelled to offer my compliments on your attire. Your beauty is rendered especially stunning tonight. Is the dress an original piece, or were alterations arranged?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

It takes her a moment to place the instance. Then another to decide what to do with with the Daeva for bringing it up now, instead of months ago.

Then as her mind is decided, he offers up pointless complements undercutting what came before.

"I believe the correct formula for these instances, is to complement me then go onto the conversation, not to undercut the topic with a complement." she says, head tilted, eyeless sockets pointed to where the voice had come from. She doesn't blink.

"Off the rack. Lyssa has a seam ripper." she says, after a long drawn out moment.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward paused under the rebuke, "that was rather artless of me, wasn't it? Thank you for the lesson, Seneschal Hart." The sheer discomfort of the situation oddly helped Edward remain level headed. Focusing on not cringing back from the empty pits psychologically distanced him from the embarrassment at hand.

"While it is clearly my own failing, would you be so kind as to permit me to blame my being overcome with the stain inherent in my family's blood and allow us to have discourse on the original topic?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

ALice allows the moment to hang. She tilts her head, the invisible stings pulling loose and taut.

She offers a hum, hollow and empty as he hides behind his blood.

"The topic from that night, or the topic of that night?" she asks, her empty orbits, still pointedly staring at the Daeva.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward's lip almost twitched in annoyance. How unsociable. He paused, or is this how she shows lacking favour?

It seemed strange to Edward that Alice would be annoyed with him; he was unimportant in his mind, and therefore unworthy of emotional investment. It seemed far more probable this was just how she expressed her lack of feeling. He went with that interpretation and mentally composed his reply accordingly. Not worrying about the half dozen seconds that had passed.

"My use of 'topic' was simply to mirror your own use of 'topic,' Seneschal Hart. However, it would seem your use was to accentuate the general case of your lesson and not a specific reference. I misunderstood in my belief it was the latter."

"To be truthful, Seneschal Hart, I had no topic in mind for which my later compliment might undercut. My initial words were nothing beyond revealing motive in my approaching you. I realized upon your correction that my use of 'before I go further' had more like than not led to confusion, and I choose to quietly accept blame for a different failing than the one I was accused of and move on."

To Edward, such words were like explaining a joke; it left him emotionally nauseated.

"I apologize for the confusion resultant of my poor phrasing." He gave a short bow. Lyssa would pass it on or not, but he doubted it would hurt.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice hums, head jerking into a nod. Tilting again when Heinrich continues.

"If your only motivation for speaking within me tonight was a reference from months ago, why have you approached me now, instead of then? Had you this conversation would be of a myriad of other things, and not be surrounded by confusion and your poor phrasing."

A beat.

"Now, what else has been upon your mind, stewing in the background, waiting for the moment for you to breathe life into them?" she asks, because honestly what else was there?

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"I will keep your words in mind, Seneschal Hart." So much rush in this Domain. Don't they realize we have forever?

"I had only been in the Domain of Sacramento for a few short months upon your return. If it is not too forward of me, I wished to inquire after your experience, that is, how did you find coming back?"

"This curiosity of mine finds its wellspring in my own considerations of a visit to a Domain I once called home. I would greatly appreciate your wisdom on the matter of making a return."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Another hum, as hollow as the last.

"Relatively painless, I had lost two years, but knowing the Domain was kept well in hand by Her Majesty and Her Grace settled my worries. I, of course, already had years of good service on my record which spoke for me, and my reasons for my...absence were well known to Her Majesty and Her Grace." a pause, "For you....it is not a secret your, hum, fumbles. Were you to leave and come back, your re-entry would not be so...smooth. Though a planned leaving with the appropriate considerations would help your possible return."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward's eyebrows raised with slight surprise. Did Alice know something about his departure from Vancouver? From the context, he guessed she had misunderstood the question and was answering how returning to Sacramento after the visit might go. Edward didn't mind; it was still useful information.

"A fair point, Seneschal Hart. Incidentally, I had planned on remaining until I had overshadowed my various failures with victories in rendered service to the Domain."

"Of course," Edward laughed softly, "that shall be the work of years."

He mentally clawed for conversational purchase. He almost asked about her time away, but it was almost certainly a personal matter. A Kindred does not travel for pleasure. But what else was there to discuss? His attempts at small talk had failed, but Alice had hardly helped.

Not that she had an obligation to help, he came to her after all. Edward inwardly cringed with embarrassment.
    "Thank you for your time, Seneschal Hart. Your thoughts have been illuminating. A good night to you."

He gave a short bow and prepared to retreat.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She nods, invisible strings pulling taut and loose.

"Then I wish you luck in your endeavors." If it came to victories for him while he was in residence then they were victories for the Domain.

Ah, and keeping his tongue even after she gave him an opening. Several others had asked, and she had answered, but not the Daeva. Perhaps he knew, perhaps he didn't want to.

"Good night, Mister Heinrich. Please enjoy the rest of your evening."

With another nod, the Blind Doll, removes herself from the Daeva's presence.

Returning to the Main thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread