Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Maeve approach Mable smiled brightly, "Good evening, Ms. O'Ryan. That suit is very lovely. It suits you well." Her tone was encouraging.

"I just love chess pieces. I find them an art form of their own."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"Thank you. And your dress is gorgeous as well. Reminds me of fireworks with the way the patterns go." Maeve says with a pleasant smile. As the Prince walks by towards the chess table, Maeve gives another bow. Okay... bowing. Do all the bowing. That can't go wrong right? C'mon, you know this stuff, just... all the awkwardness. Shit. This would have been so much easier if Horatio had been around for me to continue to observe. I should watch what Quinn does as well.

"Sorry, lost in thoughts for a moment," She says with a little bit of a chuckle, "Chess pieces are nice. Definitely pretty. And when you have someone who knows the game, you can really get a sense of how they think. Can be interesting information."
    | BP 2

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn worked her away around the chess table and over to Mable Wood and Maeve. Quinn looking amiably between the two Kindred, but she addressed Mable Wood first, being that she was a member of the Court proper. Quinn inclined her chin respectfully to Ms. Wood.

"Good evening Ms. Wood. I am Quinn Durant, of clan Mekhet. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance this evening. Forgive me if I seem forward but your dress is a stunning testament and compliments your beauty."

She then addressed her cousin, with a wide enough smile to show pearly white teeth. "Good evening, Cousin Maeve. I feel like I've been at the edge of my seat waiting for this opportunity to meet you. You and I have much to discuss, and I look forward to scheduling some time for a Clan Meeting. I was thinking my Haven would do for the utmost privacy, and comfort. You are of course welcome to stay at my Haven if you have not made other arrangements already. I can stay at the Chapter House in the interim so you won't have to worry about bunking with me or anything." She winked and smiled.

4. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a deep head bow as she saw the Prince moving towards the other group. She gave Maeve an encouraging smile at her bow. "Thank you, Ms. O'Ryan. I have been using a rental type of service for gowns recently. I order online and they get shipped to me. This one actually was even more beautiful then it looked online."

"Good evening, Ms. Durant. Oh thank you. You are much too kind. I love that lace number you are wearing." Mable stared at Quinn for a moment, she was so beautiful. Her hair looked like it ached to be touched.

Mable looked back at the chess pieces. "I was just saying I loved chess pieces. They are like art to me, so beautifully carved."

She looked back at Maeve and then at Quinn, "Do either of you know how to play?"

6. Likes pisces, Shenanigans liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve smiles at Quinn approaches. It was good to at least have a member of her clan present, especially with Horatio not being there. And what was up with that? Had the other gathering been that bad? Given her connection with memories, she knew just how bad it was, but she'd like to somewhat pretend that her priscus knew better on most days.

"Good evening, Ms. Durant. That lace dress is pretty bomb." Though the way the black is woven in vaguely remind her of bikini mail. She'd keep that to herself. She'd also note that Quinn didn't have a compliment for her suit. Pity. Not that she actually cared, but it was an amusing thought. Ya girl did work hard to look like Prom night Catra. Heey Adora. ...Focus. "We absolutely should have some kind of a little clan get together." She says with a smile and then looks around again. Yeah, no Horatio. We a clan of two now? Her comment about bunking together made her laugh. "Oh good, I'm not the only disaster bisexual here. Wait- sorry, inappropriate for a formal gathering. Caught up in the funny. Do forgive me." Shit. Fuck. ...Hopefully anyone who heard thought it was funny. "I've just gotten into an apartment, thankfully. Though, fun girly sleepovers can be fun too. Go on the hunt and then watch some terrible vampire flick and laugh."

In regards to Mable's question, "I do play, but I am generally terrible at it. Most of the time." Well, you know, when I'm not cheating.
    | BP 2

8. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled to Mable and glanced down a wee bit self consciously. "It is you who is being kind. I fear people will think I haven't dressed up enough. I feel like I dressed very conservatively. I do have a few other dresses I could have worn, but I feared they showed to much skin. Clearly it shows how few formal events I have bothered to attend over the years."

Quinn looked to the chess board and nodded. "It is a beautiful set. Wow. I do play on occasion." and she gave a little amused glance to Maeve. "I agree with my Cousin, I am either really good or really bad depending on the evening and my attention span." She said and chuckled softly. I cheat.

When Maeve complimented her dress she grinned. "I love your suit, I wish I could pull it off, but its the suit jackets that give me such a problem. I have to have them altered almost to the point of a remake due to my stature and body type. I look terrible in them. All the petite jackets on a rack have shoulder pads. Like, hello, the eighties called, I'm not trying to emulate a man, thanks." She looked her over fully, not bothering to hide the interest.

"You...it suits your frame wonderfully. The bottom hits just where it should, and what you have done with your hair, I wish you would make permanent! Gorgeous. Especially the subtle sparkle. It reminds me of looking at the galaxy through the telescope, the 'sparkling dust" illusion."

I will take things you never bring up in court for 1,000 Alex.Quinn glanced around slightly as if trying to gauge if anyone picked up on what Maeve had just said. Thankfully, Maeve corrected herself, though Quinn could tell they were going to have a loooong conversation on court etiquette. Though points for at least realizing it was to cheeky for court. She laughed aloud at the last part though. A hunt and a flick? Yeah. Sounded like good bonding time for the clan of two.

"I think at least some of that could be arranged, depending on how long our meeting runs." She winked then, but you could tell Maeve amused her despite the faux pas.

10. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a quick smile to Maeve. "You are not a disaster. Have faith in yourself." She whispers, "Good catch."

"I can give you the website of the dress rental place." Mable offered to Quinn.

"I have watched it played but never had the chance to play myself. I do know the horse thing makes an 'L'. They are my favorite pieces because ...well horses."

Mable tears her gaze from the board, "So Quinn, I don't believe I have had an opportunity to find out what brings you to the domain?"

12. Likes pisces, Shenanigans liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

If Maeve could blush, she would as she listens to the way Quinn completely gushes over her suit and hair. The look upon her face gives the impression that she was not expecting the level of compliment she was receiving. "Thank you," She says, a small smile as she kind of looks down bashfully, "Um... yeah. I know what you mean though. With the influx of women and others in between or non conforming wearing suits in a more androgynous manner, it has lead suit makers to making things more stylishly. Honestly, I'm sure we could find something to fit your body type well. There's a suit for everyone," She says with another smile.

Another face like she might blush at Quinn's comment about the meeting and her little wink, "Yeah, totally." She chuckles a little.

She grins over at Mable, "Oh, disaster is a specific term, not meant to be derogatory, but rather specifying a very specific situation... it's hard to explain. Particularly at a gathering like this," She shrugs a little bit, "Don't worry, I think I'm pretty cool most of the time."

"Horses are fun. I do need to make my way over some time to hang."
    | BP 2

14. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled softly at Mable, and nodded slightly. "I needed a new start. A place where the prestige of my sire didn't mean anything. It's oddly stifling the way other Kindred behave when your sire is powerful in the Domain." She said it softly, not that that really meant anything in court. Everyone heard EVERYTHING. Not to mention all the shit you had to endure with Rodger. Then there was Janos....and fuck.

She chuckled a little aloud at Maeve's insistence that they could find her a suit. "I have the money for some decent stuff, I just been a little out of the shopping loop for awhile. Custom stuff is nice, but I'm no longer bankrolled by the powers that be anymore. I sometimes miss the access I had, but we all sacrifice for what we truly want, don't we?" She arched an eyebrow at the last, nodding a bit to herself.

"I am going to start up taking night classes in art again. It helps me focus my deeper studies in the Auspex discipline. It's what helped me make a name for myself that wasn't my Sire's doing in my Clan. What about you two?" She looked between them. "Anything you are working on? Little pet projects?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was enjoying these two women and felt as relaxed as you could in court.

"Oh I hope you will visit the farm. It's really relaxing. The invite is open to you both."

"It's difficult sometimes to get out from under someone else's shadow. So hard to figure out who you are. Glad you are able to do that."
    Mable said to Quinn.

"It's kinda funny, I hadn't thought about suit issues before. During regular courts I tend to wear a business suit of one sort or another. I also have some very feminine flowy suits. I haven't thought about men's styled suits and issues women would have wearing them. I have always been more the climb trees kinda girl so never really thought about it."

"Pet projects? Besides my actual pets?"
    Mable giggles, "I love to garden. But I tend to be a work a holic."

17. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread