Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2011) A more empty corner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Nov 4, 2020 : (2011) Sanctuary
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Art..." The way Crystal draws out the word could make you wonder it that was really his thing. "I'd have to think about that one, but I'll take you up on your offer and visit one of the libraries with you." Libraries made everything you could achieve with a quick google search seem so much more impressing and sofisticated. He grew quite fond of them over the last year or so.

When the mystagogues followed up on his confession, Crystal pursed his lips a bit. He would have preferred not to go into it too deeply. The Right Scholarship was about magical matters, but someone thought it was best for the Mastigos to break his more destructive habits - and what better way to break it than with a good old ego-curbing to boot? He exhaled and made firm eye contact with Campanella. "I.. got sloppy, careless once I had a firmer grasp on what I can do: some Sleepers got hurt, there was a bit of a mess to clean up. My mentor insists that my banishment was partly politically motivated, but the truth remains - I fucked up."

His gaze remained on the Moros - this was the part he really had to get across, even if he meant every word of it. "But I'm over that. I saw what was in stock for Mages not taking this seriously, so I hope I still get the chance to prove my trustworthiness." There. Now they had the story and could decide what to do with it. Life was a bummer sometimes.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella really wanted that key lime pie.

He carefully kept the plate and the cutlery in his hands while he met the Warlock's gaze.

"We all make mistakes. Sometimes more seriously than others. Admit to that tells me a lot about you. The past stays in the past, then. Stick around, I am sure an opportunity will present itself for you to demonstrate your trustworthiness."

He paused while the conversation flowed back to Aurora.

"We have a small Athenaeum attached to the Circle. I am afraid that there is not much to show: we have a Grimoire and a secure habit for some unusual - and so far harmless - insects. Look to the cloister - over there - and the passage leading to the basement. The Athenaeum is there."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shoulder shrugs, “Art isn’t for everyone. And I never really found myself drawn to it until I changed career paths. Seeing and understanding art has helped me a great deal. But sure, we can exchange numbers and I’ll give you a call the next time I go over.” It might be fun. She’d never really studied with anyone before.

A brief look of surprise as her eyes shifted from him to Campanella, curious as to what he’d say. A banishment. Not a light punishment for sure. But, he was owning to it, so….that was good?

“I know I’m not here to judge anyone, but admitting you fucked up is huge. Goes a long way with a lot of people.” Which was true.

She was open to someone proving they were trustworthy. But she wasn’t calling the shots here.

“I’m willing to work with you.” Wasn’t sure if that was what needed to be said, but she said it anyways.

“Oh yeah!” almost forgetting about those bugs, “How are they doing? I really need to spend more time in there and get more familiar with it. Though I would like to work towards adding to what we have.” She just wasn’t sure how.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing Campanella's answer (seconded by the beautiful woman) made Crystal relax a bit. The Awakened here seemed to be more welcoming to second chances, it seems. He bowed his head slightly. "Thank you." He also gave Aurora a smaller nod coupled with a slight smile.

He then followed the Daduchos' pointer to where the Athenaeum was - it struck him as odd that the main meeting point was also home of the Mysterium, but there probably was good reason for that. "Bugs? Well, I'll have to check them out some day. But yeah," he fished his phone out of his pocket "let's exchange numbers." He blinked a few times, just realizing something. "I don't think I've got your name yet - that bearded dude called you Madison, right? Oh and by the way: you can call me Chris when the situation calls for it."
    Ready to give out his number or safe any contact info thrown his way he waited for the others.

When that was done, he spoke up again. "Speaking of working together: is there anything the Order is tackling right now or a looming threat to the City I should know of?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella juggled his plate while he searched for his phone.

Contacts were exchanged.

"Among Sleepers I go by the name Bartram."

Another pause as he juggled his plate again and the updated phone disappeared into a pocket.

"The Order has no agenda currently. If you find something worthy of the Athenaeum, do seek it out, if at all possible. Other than that... Not really. The Consilium here is enjoying the first extended period of calm in quite some time. I'd recommend you sit back and enjoy it. If you really do want to make a reputation for yourself, then I could suggest seeking out Winter . Our Guardian has something he wants to look into and I'm sure he'd be happy for some assistance."

6. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“One of the most fascinating creatures I’ve come across.” Taking her own phone out as well, adding the name and number if offered. “Madison is my Sleeper name, in here I go by Aurora.” His numbered added under Chris. Because she didn’t want Shadow names in her phone. Always best to be careful.

Shaking her head, “Things have been quiet as of late. Which has been nice, but it has me on edge. Nothing is ever this quiet and when it is, it’s usually not good.” Shrugging, “But that’s me.” And she’d been through a lot. Her guard always up.

Enjoying the calm and quiet? Was she the only one who couldn’t? Was that a sign of some issue on her end? She honestly didn’t know, and finds herself looking at her travel mug for a moment.

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bartram, Madison. Among his contacts one stood out because she was a woman, the other because his name was pretty unusual. Great, so he didn't have to specify further.

"What makes 'em so special?" He wasn't keen on prodding about things that kept Aurora on edge. If she was into bugs and art, that was a more pleasant topic than past troubles of the Consilium - in his experience those would catch up to him sooner rather than later.

More good news: there was no pressure whatsoever here, even though this went against everything his mentor expected out of Sacramento for Crystal. "Winter?" Crystal looked around the room - he hadn't heard the name in the few rounds of introduction he was part of so far, so he'd had to ask around if when he decided to make himself useful. But Guardian, singular? That was either very good or very bad for this city. "Thank you. I guess one Mystagogue will have to look of his shoulders then, lest some ancient work of Magic goes missing suddenly." Despite the serious appearance, the Daduchos' focus on the cake (of all things) made the Mastigos risk the little jab. A tiger couldn't change his stripes, after all.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"The bugs? One of our colleagues found them. Next to what he termed as a 'crack' in reality. I never could much sense about what he meant. The insects, however, a quite different from your garden variety bugs. So far they seem content to sit in their ... nest ... and secret a small amount of Tas in the form of a substance like honey."

He smiled slyly at Crystal jibe. Spared Aurora a glance when she voiced her disquiet.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She decides to let Campanella explain the bugs. It had been years since they were brought here.

“Good guy, really knows it stuff.” At least she thought he was a good guy. A bit rough around the edges, but once you got past that.

“It’s hard to explain that crack in reality, but the bugs were around it in a sense, in a greenhouse. So it was thought that someone had placed them there, and had been using the crack as a way to enter. Unfortunately, we never got to go back and figure it out. But the bugs were able to be calmed into a sleep like state, allowing us to bring them here. Though that’s what I remember, and it’s been quite some time since it happened. And I can’t believe they’re still doing well.” Who would have thought? And that was before she joined the Mysterium.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, that's otherworldly creatures for you: they annoyingly refuse to adhere to the lie and die a peaceful death of old age." He had a few more questions concerning that 'crack' - where it was, whether it was dangerous and why they haven't been able to find it themselves among them - but those were generally not the questions you asked upwards the totem pole.

"But now that you mention Tass - what is the Hollow situation here? How many are known, how many are secured and which of those could a newcomer access to?" He might as well get all the annoying new-in-town questions out at once, Mages were said to be busy after all.

When another new arrival announced his presence, Crystal cracked a pearly smile. "Wow Aurora, you really weren't lying about the flux going on here." Though behind that perfectly joyful expression the Mastigos wondered if coming to a city this unstable was the right call when all he needed was to learn stability. That bastard of a mentor probably knew about this!

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread