Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2011) A more empty corner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Nov 4, 2020 : (2011) Sanctuary
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

It's not like he didn't like being in the middle of many people interested in him, but he also knew that whenever many Awakened gathered there was important business (or at least whatever business someone deemed important) to be discussed.

By standing a bit apart, Crystal hoped he could let that happen if needed and if anyone felt the need to get to know him he'd be available.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Finding a seat, she sits, “Heard you were looking for fellow mystagogue.” And then waves, “Aurora and fellow member, welcome to Sacramento.”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal beamed her a pearly smile. "Thanks, nice to meet you. I'm Crystal and you're decidedly stunning." Pretty people wouldn't put all the effort in looking that way without craving some sort of confirmation after all.

He remained standing - the pews gave off a way too stern vibe. "Yeah, looking for someone to show me the ropes and ease me into this town. Are there any higher ups I should be aware of?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Nice to meet you Crystal.” She says before chuckling softly, “And a charmer I see, thank you.” Everyone likes to hear when they look good. Male or female, it was always welcome.

Sipping her drink, she nods her head in the direction of Campanella , “I would speak with Campanella about that. He’s been the longest standing member of Sacramento. You could say I’m a little newer to the Order, having joined in recent years.” Long story, not the place for it. “Our numbers are in a state of constant flux, new people showing up, then leaving a month or two later.”

Another sip, “And how does one ease into a town?” a small smirk playing on her lips.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal held up his hands in a feigned surrender and chuckled. "I'm just working with what I've got. People are not used to getting compliments anymore."
    He followed her gaze and nodded. So he was not just important looking.

"Thanks for the heads-up. I'll talk to him later." With that he sat down next to Aurora. "But apparently you stuck around. So..." he returned her smirk "I suppose you'd know what's noteworthy here. You take me there and- boom! I've eased myself in, sitting pretty in all the best places as if I've always been there." He openly looked the Shaman in her eyes, fully convinced of his plan.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella moved to join Crystal and Aurora. His pace was measured; he was still enjoying the key lime pie and he had a spoon in his mouth when he finally reached the pair.

"Mind if I join you?"

He realised he speaking around the spoon. He took it out of his mouth and laid it on the plate next to the savaged remnants of the pie.

"Campanella. Dadouchos of the Mysterium. Mind if I join you?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Snorting with a shrug, “You might be on to something there.” She used to get them all the time. Maybe time was catching up with her? Or maybe it was because she didn’t go out like she used to. "I recommend continuing with them." a nod.

“I think you’ll find him enjoyable to talk with.” Sipping her drink, “Well, kinda. I’ve left and returned numerous times. He’s been a constant, someone dependable.” She didn’t think she was dependable. Not anymore. “You found this place, and I think that’s the most noteworthy place I can think of. If you were looking for something on the nightlife side of things, I’m not sure. Been out of that loop for a bit now. But I might still know a few good places.” If she really thought about it.

“Now there are some nice libraries and museums if you were into that sort of thing. Something I’ve recently gotten into to further my studies.”
    She just wasn’t the fun exciting party girl she used to be.

Amusement was on her face at him talking around the spoon, smirking, I know I don’t mind,” placing a free hand on her chest, “But I cannot speak for our new friend here.” Of course, she was being playful, giving him a hard time. But she really didn’t mind.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dependable was good. God knows he'd need someone to pick that up from. "Nah, don't you worry about me finding interesting places to spend my evenings. But if you showed me those interesting libraries, that'd be great." Of course, he could just google that - but he was a social beast and sometimes a study group was exactly what he needed to get the motivational juices flowing. "What are you studying these days?"

When Campanella came over Crystal stood up. Right now, not being banished from this city was at the top of his priority list. "Hello Daduchos Campanella. I'm Crystal and you would probably say I'm an Neokoros. I've had some.. issues in my former hometown. I'd be pleased to have you join us." There's no point in lying about why he came to Sacramento - especially to one of the apparently highest ranking Mages in this town and his Order (spoon-talk or no). He planned on getting off on the right foot here, even if that meant swallowing his ego.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Thank you."

Campanella smiled faintly when Crystal made his show of respect. In return, the Dadouchos inclined his head respectfully before taking his ease. And consuming more pie.

"Whatever issues you had in your former place of residence do not concern me."

How could they? The River City was small and fractious; without resources and few allies. It was completely dwarfed by the neighbouring Golden Consilium. And then there were the after effects of the Time War to consider. Unless the Neokoros had enemies with enough resources and reach to track him down to Sacramento and meddle, it would not be a problem.

"These problems. Of your own making? Caused by unhappy circumstance? Or the hand of a rival?"

Better clarify that. So he did and this time he laid down his spoon with the intent of not eating pie.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Sure. I’ve been splitting my time between two different ones. The Sacramento public library and the California State library are my main current ones. And I’m studying philosophy and a bit of art history. Surprisingly, the art history has provided me with a lot of inspiration.” Funny how that worked.

She had to smirk at how formal it all looked and sounded.

“Issues huh?” hopefully nothing that would spill over into Sacramento. But, things had been quite lately, so it could liven things up a bit.

Since Campy was on top of the questions, she was content to lean back and enjoy her coffee.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread