Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2011) A more empty corner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Nov 4, 2020 : (2011) Sanctuary
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I’ve been pursuing more, mundane, studies. Seeking to better myself, so I would be curious as to what everyone was studying and seeing if I can contribute.” Only thing she could do.

So writing papers was totally a thing?! Well shit. This was going to be an area she was going struggle in; one she was going to feel inadequate with. She had no real formal education.

Everything she knew, she had learned on her own, through endless nights of studying and pushing herself. Had this been a mistake? Was she now in over her head? It wasn’t that she was stupid, she was far from it. But testing and using academic skill had never come up before.

She catches Campanella’s gaze, and quickly shifts her own to the ground. Which was now quite interesting. She wasn’t freaking out. Nope. Everything was fine. She could do this. Maybe. The library was going to be come her new home it seemed.

And she then focuses on drinking her coffee. That was nice and safe right now.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"I dabble in Alchemy - both Supernal and that which is understood by Sleepers with an esoteric bent."

Campanella added quietly. That much, he was certain, that Aurora knew. Smiling briefly at the Thyrsus he thought of adding something, but held back. Instead he filled the pause by turning his face towards the Athenaeum.

"More recently I've been exploring certain matters of the Soul. Soul crafting. Soul stones. Legacies. And so on."

With a sigh he turns back to the others, looks past them toward where the rest of the Awakened are still gathered.

"At this point, Corn, we have no pressing needs. Focus on what studies you wish."

No pressing needs. After the toll and uncertainties of war, the freedom was... quite terrifying.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"Daduchos Campanella mentioned that the Consilium's Guardian had something he wanted to look into."
    "The Consilium's Guardian? I didn't have the pleasure. Who is he or she and what is the function of the Consilium's Guardian? Is that person the leader of the local Guardians of the Veil?" Corn asked since the low number of mages had not yet caught to him. He was used to small groups of mages but he had assumed Sacramento had 'enough of everything'.

"I dabble in Alchemy - both Supernal and that which is understood by Sleepers with an esoteric bent."
    [...]
    "At this point, Corn, we have no pressing needs. Focus on what studies you wish."
    "I am unfortunately not well versed in the matters of the soul. I would have no issues with sharing what I know of the legacies from our path but you probably know more than I do.

As such, since there are no pressing needs, I think it would be a good idea to start on alchemy, from the view you mentioned: The Supernal and how it is understood by Sleepers. If it is agreeable to you, I would work on the subject and I would present you a draft of the paper in 4 to 6 weeks. Then, I will try to address your remarks and comments and I could give a short, 15 minutes presentation after Christmas to the rest of our Peers from the Mysterium or any other mage interested. If the other Mystagogues find the article agreeable, and with any minor revisions required, we could add it to the Athenaum early next year and walk to the February Consilium with our head held high.
    What do you think?
    "
    More or less what the defense of a Thesis or presentation of a semester project was. Not too hard work.

Let's hope that with the local Athenaum being mostly empty and the rest of Mystagogues just calming down from the war, nobody would think to invite well-versed alchemists from other Consilia to add a bit of variety and outside-expertise to this. If I have to go through the remarks of a dozen Mystagogues with nothing to lose I won't finish this article before Easter and I may face yet another embarrassing rejection.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ugh, so he probably couldn't not say anything on that matter anymore now that everyone was sharing. "Right now I'm going over the Lesser Key of Solomon, the Mathers and Crowley edit. They seem to work on the assumption that that kind of ritual magic stems from the mind of the person calling those demons. I'll have to cross reference some, but it sounded interestingly close to looking behind the Lie." Why, this turned out to be a Mysterium meeting light at this rate.

Addressing Corn Crystal just shrugged. "Don't know - haven't met him and none of the people here stand out to me in that way." Well, there was this one guy, but he seemed too insignificant for a position like that. Or maybe that made him especially well suited. Crystals eyes scanned the room, but he couldn't really find Winter among the others, so he focused on the people nearby again.

When he heard the extensive reviewing process, he felt like he had to pull that tooth real fast. "Sorry Corn, but I don't think me reviewing or commenting on your paper on Alchemy would do you any good. You've been at this how long? I don't think I'll catch up well enough to add anything useful." Smiling brightly he added. "I fully trust your expertise on this."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She remembered Campy mentioning that before.

“I hope those studies have been progressing well.”
    She says with a nod.

There was a small smirk, one that disappeared as quickly as it appeared. He was always keeping himself busy with one study or another. Not a bad thing, it showed his dedication.

With a nod of her towards Winter , “That would be Winter. And as far as I know, he is currently the only member. But, that could change.” As things around here usually did.

Damn, this kid was all about writing papers and making presentations. What was the benefit to papers? Wouldn’t it leave a trace of what was studied? But fuck, there was much she was going to have to learn. She’d never written a paper, but it couldn’t be that hard, right? She could totally do that. Maybe? She wasn’t certain. The Ladder never had her write papers.

Then Crystal added his research. Was she the only one without anything to add to that? Quick elimination told her that yes, yes she was. And her heart beat a bit faster at the thought. How out of her league was she here? The panic was beginning to set in, and her cup was empty and would save her this time.

Taking a breath, “Sounds like you guys have it figured out and plans in place. I’ll help when and where I can.” Added probably a bit too quickly.

Standing, “The hours getting late, and I,” quick, excuse, come on brain, “have an appointment with a potential client. So if you’ll all please excuse me,” she says with an easy smile to each of them, “it was a pleasure to meet you guys, and I look forward to working together.” A nod to Campy and she walks out.

The main thread is getting close to wrapping, so seemed a good place for Aurora to make her exit

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella chuckled.

"You are very eager, Corn. And while i would be quite happy to take a look at your work, I'm not sure a symposium event would do much good at this stage. The Golden Consilium of San Francisco has a way of sucking up all the interest of other Awakened and thanks to the Time War, we here in Sacramento are completely overlooked - and that is before you come across the lingering negativity being sealed off from the Awakened World has caused."

He paused.

"But I would be happy to add your work to the Athenaeum. It would be fitting."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread