Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Nodding, “After It’s gone, I’d like everyone to sit down and figure out where we are weak and how to better work together. Who is good at what, you, that whole thing. Dealing with It is showing me we need to all communicate better.” Who would best suited for Dream battles, who was best for physical fights. “And once I take the next step with my Entitlement, all someone will need to do is call me and I can heal from wherever I am.” So that would be good. Not good for her physical form, but that wasn’t what was important.

“I can see the value in that, mediation. But it’s hard to find someone who honestly has no investment. Then again, not all are willing to compromise, and that just creates more problems.”
    A shrug, “Not everyone is willing to give up something for the greater good of the Freehold. It sucks quite frankly.” Totally sucked. Catching the mouth open, then close, “Did you have something else to add? Because please, feel free to say whatever is on your mind.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"We're agreed on that end, knowing who's good at what lets people know who to turn to in a crisis or with a problem. Asking for help is hard, talking with people you might not be comfortable with is hard, but for the good of the freehold I'd hope we could all bite that bullet." If we can't, I'll figure it out and compile a list anyways, just so much easier if we talk about it.Eyes going wide a bit as she mentioned her entitlement. "That will be handy so long as you're safe as well." He could easily see Sera putting others before herself, which was noble, but sometimes puts two people at risk instead of one. Yes it was simple, cold math.

"You're right, it's not easy. It's a struggle just to get people to talk let alone compromise. Sad thing is even if the person unwilling to compromise gets exactly what they want they lose out. They could have a grudging ally instead of a stubborn enemy." And if it comes to Them? Depends on the compromise. "Depends what motivates them. If it's selfishness I agree, that's an old style of thought. None of us signed up for any of this, except maybe our Courts. But if someone is choosing their duty to their Court over the Freehold it's a difference in belief and that's much harder to reconcile."

He took in a deep breath, this was a sensitive topic he knew that and it could undo the Goodwill he'd just fostered. "Just. Just be careful ok." He looked to the ring and nodded. "I'm happy for you, I am, but that exposes a vulnerability. Cold, I know, but that's Winter's way. Just be careful, yea? Both of you."

Goes by the name: John

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A nod, “Personally, I enjoy talking with others, even if it’s an uncomfortable subject. But knowing who might not be as comfortable will be good. Then others can step in if need be.” Though she’d rather not handle others issues. They should handle them themselves. “It will make things easier and safer. With Anatole, I simply needed to touch him to stop him from passing. Soon, I can do it from wherever I am. So I can be safe within the Spring Tavern. But thank you for the concern for my well-being.” It was sweet.

“You speak the truth, a difficult one. Not everyone is willing to compromise or be the bigger person. But people remember who is willing to compromise for the greater good. And a grudge can tear a Freehold apart from the inside.” A frown, but it was what it was. Sometimes it couldn’t be helped. “That is a difficult situation. How do you personally feel about it? I can understand if you don’t want to answer, as I’m sure it’s a very personal answer. I’ve never been in a situation to make such a choice, so I was just curious.” Which way would she go? Would she pick her Season or her Freehold? Was there a right answer?

She studies his face a moment, “Careful?” following his eyes, it dawns on her. “Oh.” Then a shallower nod, “It does expose a vulnerability, not something I’m too excited about to be honest. Love is one of those things that They can use against us, and other Lost can use as well. It can be dangerous not only to Rhodes and I, but our Courts and Freehold as well. It’s not lost on me, the danger and vulnerability that are exposed. Putting others at risk is something I never want to do.” Then a soft smile, “And thank you for being honest with me, I appreciate it. Though it might be Winter’s way to be cold, there are truths that need to be heard and understood.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"Yea, you and me both. I like hearing a persons story, their journey, hearing how they got to where they are. If they don't like where they are helping them work through the mess that got them to that place and working on getting them out of it. It's slow work, a person has to want to talk, to want to get better. It's heartbreaking most of the time." He gave a small shrug and frowned, it was the truth he'd seen a lot of people fall back into old habits and behaviors after making so much progress.

"Safe in the hollow is definitely good if that's what you want. You seem to be the type to lead from the front from what I've witnessed." A smile, it had been intended as a compliment. Then a nod. "Memories are long, grudges can last generations. I'd rather work with someone and eat a little crow then make an enemy forever." He moved again steepeling his fingers and pushing them to his lips as he sighed. "I don't know. Honestly. It would depend on the specifics involved. I know my bias is obviously towards my Court and I'd give them the benefit of the doubt more often then not."

It was true, it was likely most Court members bias. You trust the inside group over the outside, larger one as that was your more direct family. But if it put everyone in jeopardy, Court included. Not something he wanted to think about it. "It's tricky for sure, our Courts have their own approaches to it. I'm glad you've at least thought about it, puts me at ease a little." Especially after seeing Bobby and now The Huntsman. Love can be a wicked knife. "I am glad you understand, I was worried it might be taken poorly. It's not a judgement, just a heads up. It's still a nice thing to see, to see that we can still love and live life after everything that's happened. It's good that someone can be that example."

He really hoped that made sense, it was an odd topic for him to even talk about. He swore it felt like she was watching him right now, waiting, judging. At least he had duty to fall back into.

6. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

An eager nod, “Exactly! It costs us so little to take the time to get to know someone. Listen to them and help them improve themselves. I am always willing to spend time with someone to talk and just listen. If we stop, and just listen, we learn so much. It certainly can be heartbreaking, but everyone deserves that chance to talk and work on themselves.” Those chances could make the most wonderful friends and allies.

The smile was returned with a helpless shrug, “I just don’t want people to take chances or risks I’m not willing to take on myself. But I also know that there are somethings I can’t do and there are those better suited for it. Take me wanting to fight, I have some skill, but people like Sonnie or Circe are better equipped than I am. And if I take the risk, it makes more work for them, placing them in more danger. So it’s been learning to accept where I am weak and allowing others to step in. A long process.” Very long. “Oh, same. I can swallow my pride to gain an ally and make sure the Freeholds best interests are kept front and center.” She hadn’t had to yet. But she would.

Another nod, “It’s a difficult position. And no one could blame you for giving your Court the benefit of the doubt, you know them better than anyone else. I just hope none of us ever have to be in such a position.” But life sucks sometimes.

“Rhodes and I have discussed it frequently. We’d have to be fools to not think about it, we all know and understand the dangers. How such things can be used and twisted. A difficult topic, but an important one.” Shaking her head, “Not taken poorly at all.” She got it. “I’ve always believed that anything is possible for us, even after all we’ve gone through and survived. It just takes the right person and the willingness to take the chance. It’s terrifying, but personally? I think it’s worth it. Always worth the chance to find even a glimmer of happiness. We all need it and we all deserve it, no matter what we lived through or what They told us.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

"I've found stopping to be the hard part. A lot of people can't stop or won't stop. They're going about their lives like a bee in search of honey flitting from flower to flower, never stopping. They miss and lose so much along the way. We knew a few people like that in the freehold, but everyone has their own battles."

His lips frowned a bit but then turned into a smile and nod, having been worried the compliment hadn't been taken as much. "Sounds like a good leader to me. Lead by example where you can and sometimes that includes admitting when you don't have the answers or tools to solve a problem." A wider smile and a short laugh when she'd mentioned it took a long time. "A lifetime for many. Not an easy lesson for some to learn, but an important one." Pride was apparently not an issue for either of them, was easier for the Darkling at least he didn't have much to be Proud of.

"You and me both, the absolute last thing I want is internal turmoil, especially if we can just talk things out. Anytime people have a problem or issue my first question is 'Have you tried talking to them about it?' It helps stop so much needless conflict, but like we've said people have to be willing to talk."

He just listened, still once more, as she spoke on Love and its risks. He just took a deep breath and sighed. "I really wish I shared your optimism, I just can't see a happy ending for me. Until the day I can't anymore, I'll do as much as I can to make sure others have a better outlook and better lives than I do. I am happy for you and so long as I'm not betraying anyone's confidences I'll keep my eyes and ears open for possible threats. Love is something worth fighting for." That was the lie. He wasn't really sure he believed that, his relationship with the concept was corrupted, tainted, he'd seen nothing but what evil things love can do.

And you were happy, don't you remember? What does that say about you? Are we really so different? Did you think my choice was accidental?

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A solemn nod, “Everyone is guilty of that from time to time. But without stopping, we miss chances to form amazing and strong bonds of friendship with others. We miss the chances to learn new things from those around us.” A frown, “It’s sad really. And battles are sometimes best fought with allies beside you, giving you the support to win and overcome.” She needed it, support. Her own battles a struggle.

A slight blush to her cheeks, “I’ve never considered myself a leader. Accepting the Crown was difficult, but the support of my Court has made it easier.” A chuckle, “I often don’t have the answers, and I’ve never been ashamed to admit it. But part of friendship and community, is being able to look to those around you for those answers, or to guide you to them.” A slight shrug, “It took a trip to the hospital and almost succumbing to injuries in the Hedge to finally accept it. But, it’s allowing me to grow and improve myself to be of better use. So maybe a silver lining?” another light chuckle.

Nodding, “I agree completely. If others would just sit down, put their egos aside, and talked, it would solve a lot of problems. We cannot work efficiently as a whole if parts are holding grudges or misunderstandings. But, like you said, they have to be willing.” Good luck with that most of the time.

Her face softened, voice gentler, “There is a happy ending for everyone. It’s not just optimism, but hope that lets me believe that. After all we’ve been through, I hold to the belief that there is happiness waiting, that each of us can find someone to feel safe with, someone to love. It’s not easy, and there is a lot to fight through to get it. But it’s there. And maybe you’ll find it when you’re least expecting it. If you’re open to it anyways.” Because not everyone was. “Despite what we’ve been through, happiness is a way to give our past a big fuck you.” She didn’t swear often, but it felt like a good time. “It’s worth saying that if you don’t want it, that’s ok. You know what’s best for yourself. I just don’t want you to completely close that door, leave it open just a crack.” He might be surprised someday. And she hoped he would be.

“Oh, that’s very kind of you. And I would never ask another to betray a confidence. Trust is so difficult for us that it needs to be held onto when you have it, not betrayed.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He nodded along with her, thinking about Bobby as the unlikely ally they had acquired. It'd been touch and go but he'd been helpful when taking down Meg and he couldn't blame the Elemental for his situation. "Even if not friendship, understanding goes a long way. It can be hard to look at things from the other side sometime. We can all fall into that from time to time." Did it also hold true for Them though? He couldn't say.

"Heavy is the head and all. A lot of people see the prestige, the power, but not the burden and responsibility that comes with it. I don't know when it started but either way Crown or no I'd say your a good leader because of those reasons. Because you realize you don't have all the answers and are more than willing to work with those who do or at least consider perspectives outside your own. Not everyone can say that." He grew solemn at the mention of a hospital, head bowing a little. "Sometimes it takes extremes like that to give us insight unfortunately. I'm glad it was just a trip to the hospital and not something more serious. Yes, silver lining." A small smile offered, it was good to see the good that came with the bad.

"Yea, cases like that are tough too. Some people are entirely unwilling to bend. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's a hinderance. It's hard to know when each is needed." Being more the latter than the former he really didn't know when it was appropriate and when he was just stone walling things. It was a tight rope to walk sometimes.

"I hope you're right, I just don't believe it. 'Hope is a dangerous thing, hope can drive a man insane.'" He remembered that line from Shawshank Redemption vividly because it was the antithesis of what most movies tried to sell you. "I think hope is like anything else, good in moderation. Sometimes it's the only thing that keeps you going to tomorrow and sometimes it turns to obsession. I'd love to feel safe...sorry, I'm being a party pooper." He offered a pained smile.

"Well I'll try and keep myself open to happiness in any case. Whether I can recognize it is a different story." He could see it in other people, recognizing it in himself or what it would even mean to him was a different story. He wasn't sure he'd even know what to do with it if he got it. "Trust is important, I can't ask people to be honest with me if I can't keep their secrets. Other things might not be my story to tell either, but I tend to say as much when that happens. A game of telephone usually just muddles things if you can just ask the source."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

“A sad truth.” They were all guilty of it.

“Those who seek the Crown for power or prestige are seeking it for the wrong reason in my opinion. You take on the responsibility of your Court and putting their needs ahead of your own. Putting your pride and ego away.” She still didn’t think she did enough. “But thank you, it helps to hear that.” Maybe she wasn’t as bad at it as she thought. “It is unfortunate, but a lesson learned and taken to heart. We can only learn and grow from it.” Not dwell.

An understanding nod of her head, “They are. Maybe it’s one of those things that gets easier to know which is needed with age and experience.” Or not. It was hard to tell.

A soft smile, “You’re not being a party pooper, you’re being honest. And I know not everyone feels the way I do. I didn’t want to find love, I viewed it as a weakness and one that only brought pain and weakness. So I avoided it, swore it off.” A shrug, “But it has a way of finding you. And I don’t think any of us will truly feel safe, no matter where we are or who we are with. I simply refuse to let Them keep taking things from me and always have me looking over my shoulder. I want to live my best life and help those around me find what they desire and what makes them happy. Because only then do we take ourselves back.” She knew that was her view, especially as a Spring. But she refused to let Them keep taking her happiness from her.

“That’s all you can do, remain open to the possibility. Well, it can be hard to spot sometimes. But, I think you’ll know.” A knowing smile and nod. “You deserve some happiness, despite what you might think, you deserve it.” Everyone did.

“I had someone ask me to approach another with a question they had, I simply said no. It’s not my place to do such things, and asking questions yourself helps build a relationship with the other. It not only muddles things, but it can create misunderstands which can be dangerous. I understand some are shy or unsure, but the only way to get past such things, and work on yourself, is to do what might make you uncomfortable.”

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He nodded his agreement, as sad as it was there would still be people who sought it out for the prestige or to try and control others. Some weren’t that far removed from the Others. “You’re welcome, though I’m just pointing out an observation. Maybe you should give yourself a little more credit too.” A small frown, “Yes, the best we can hope for from a bad situation really. Survive and learn something new.”

He just listened as she spoke on her experience, his internal voices warring with how they felt about it. Easy for a Fairest to say, being beautiful goes a long way. Who, besides The Queen would want to look at a monster like you? No one. Someone. Face it you’re a broken, beaten thing and there’s no point even thinking about it. It would just put them in danger anyway. But that’s always true, it’s a risk, it will always be a risk. You took a risk that day and it didn’t pan out. SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I DON’T WANT TO GO BACK THERE!

He felt his heart racing as the vapor of those memories began to form in his head, whisking them away like parting fog. He took a second but gave a small shrug, “Not something I’d count on but thank you for the thought at least. It’s complicated to be certain, but what entanglement isn’t? See, that’s the fighting spirit I was talking about. I don’t know that I deserve happiness but I can at least pave the way so others might be able to achieve theirs.”

Another understanding nod, “Exactly. It’s the hurdle I had to first cross when I got here. I wasn’t really used to speaking to people directly. It’s still difficult but I’m learning.” A deep breath as he ran his hands over his slacks. “Thank you for the talk and the suit though. It’s starting to get late, was there anything else we should go over or you wanted to talk about?”

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread