Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

With Halloween come and gone, the decorations within Garden Grounds had changed once again.

Gone were the pumpkins and Halloween themed cookies. In their place were decorations using leaves in bright vibrant reds, oranges and yellows. Various centerpieces sat on the tables, and the smell of warm apple cider filled the air when you walked in. But if you were Lost, then you would also smell the fresh cut grass of the Nix’s Mantle.

Sera sat at a table, various sketch books in a pile beside her, with one open, her translucent hand moving about the page. She wore a rich burgundy colored sweater dress with knee high leather boots that matched in color. Her long hair was piled on her head in a bun, secured with a wire holder with a music note on it.

Picking up a cup as she continued to sketch, she takes a sip as she waits for James. Various treats sat on a plate as well.
    James Turner

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

James was punctual as he tried to be relying on a bus schedule meant he'd be late on occasion but always tried his best to arrive on time. It hadn't been since before Halloween since he'd been there and as soon as he stepped in he stopped and looked around. "Just when I think you've pulled out all the stops here you go and do it again. The Decorations are lovely, the color scheme is great." He said with a smile.

He had no talent for anything like that, he was strictly function over form but he could admire the effects of the reverse. The thing he could say about the coffee shop the most is that it always smelled fantastic, the lingering scent of Seraphina's mantle, the smell of fresh ground coffee, fresh baked goods, it made for a wonderfully pleasant experience.

James, being fashion blind as he was showed up wearing the same thing he usually did. Jeans and a band tee, today he was repping a band called The Cult. He didn't want to be rude and show up empty handed but he also didn't know what the Nix might need but knew she appreciated books so he'd come bearing another book as a gift as he joined her and held it out for her to take.

"Thank you for helping me, it's not much and you probably already own it but it was the first book about history I thought of" He was holding a copy of a brief history of time and while Seraphina was hard to pull attention away from offered food and drink was also tempting.

Goes by the name: John

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A warm, welcoming smile, “Thank you! I have to say changing up the decorations is one of my favorite past times.” She could admit it, she loved to decorate.

There was a look of surprise as she accepts the book, “That’s so thoughtful of you! Though you didn’t need to get me anything, but thank you!” glancing at the cover, she shakes her head, “One can never have too many books on history and I cannot wait to read it.” A truly grateful smile offered. “Any books you enjoy reading or topics that interest you?” always one to want to learn about others.

“Can I get you something to drink? I have water warmed in case you’d like tea, but I have coffee and warm cider as well.” Gently setting the book down to stand, ready to get him something to drink.

“How’ve you been? How is the sleep?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"It's always nice, definitely keeps me from getting complacent." It was easy to assume your environment was never going to change but noticing a book that's always on your coffee table but tilted just slightly could be the difference between life and death. He'd hesitated in taking a seat, hovering as she took the beat.

He was familiar with etiquette but he'd run into that feeling like he should be doing more to help. That feeling is the one he got when he was asked what he wanted to drink. Warm cider was definitely appealing, so was the caffeine in the coffee. He took a second to mull it over as he answered the other questions.

"Pulp, Thrillers, Mystery. I love a good mystery that gives you the clues you need to figure it out without being obvious. It's super hard to do, I'm still a sucker for a good Agatha Christie novel. I think I'll try the cider since it's seasonal. I can grab it if you point me in the right direction."

A smile offered as he looked over his shoulder, he knew she was likely to insist but he didn't want to get comfortable with that assumption. "Sleep has been fine, I need to get back to work trying to clean up what I can though. I know it's dangerous but someone has to do it."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Laughing, “I’ll keep that in mind and try to change something each time you stop by.” Make sure he was truly paying attention.

“Well, I’m always looking for new books to read, would you recommend Agatha Christie to someone not familiar with the subject?” new books were exciting! At the offer, she firmly shakes her head, “I cannot let someone serve themselves in my coffee shop! What kind of shop owner would I be? Or hostess?” still shaking her head, “You just sit.” Moving behind the counter and pulling down a mug, “Trying a new recipe for the cider.” Filling the mug, she brings it over to the table and setting it down, “Secret to this one is orange and star anise. As well as the usual cloves and cinnamon.” Because those were essential.

Sitting back down, “You mean with The Huntsman?” picking up her own cup, “Because I’m fluent and useful in Dreams. Not as useful as Rhodes, but I can hold my own.” Taking a sip, “Plus, I don’t want you to have to face that alone, always best to have someone with you.” Sapphires looking at him, “But, I can’t force you to let me help.” She hoped he would let her help, but wouldn’t hold it against him if he didn’t. "It's a heavy burden for one to face alone."
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

Lips curling up into a smile as she laid down her challenge, something inside him was excited by the prospect. It was a simple thing, a little game, but it sparked an tiny buzz of excitement inside of him. "I'll have to work on my memory then, two things I can work on in one game. You're on."

He sat as prompted letting her get the cider as he continued the conversation as long as she was in earshot. "She's prolific, one of the masters of the genre I'd highly recommend her. A little dated by today's standards but the substance is still good. She can still craft a story that grips you so I'd dive in. Could go with Murder on the Orient Express or Death on the Niles they're cultural touchstones.

"Thank you, I just don't want to be a bother." Taking the cup in one hand and blowing across the top letting it cool enough that he could take a slurping sip to get the flavor. "It's pretty good, not big into star anise but it kind of hides in the back compared to the other flavors. The orange is a good choice though." Blowing on the cup again.

"Been working on my skills there, just want to be helpful where I can. I'm not doing anything crazy, not trying to get back to the epicenter. Getting a group together to begin the cleaning is probably a good idea though. What's the saying, many hands make quick work?" He frowned at the last words and nodded. He hadn't been expecting to have no Winter's here when he first arrived though looking back at the omens now they were pretty clear. The arrival of Gerrit and Cassandra just revealed the burden of isolation he'd been putting on himself.

"Asking for help isn't easy at the best of times, why it took me so long to call."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Returning the smile, “Now I warn you, it won’t be easy. Need to keep that mind sharp.” She teases.

“Even dated works can still be phenomenal reads. Sometimes it’s the classics that live longer on the mind than new ones. But I’ll check those out!” and she would.

“Not a bother at all! Taking care of others is something I enjoy.” Taking a sip of her own, “Oh, if you don’t like it, I have another one that doesn’t have the star anise in it. And the orange was actually suggested by Yami. I had to look up portions and if it could work, but it’s actually a fairly common ingredient.” Which was a surprise to her.

Nodding, “I agree one hundred percent. That poison needs to be taken care of. And yes, most certainly! The more that can help, the quicker and safer it should go.” Putting her cup down, “Like I had mentioned, we were able to gather intel on another foe its in Dreams, find weaknesses and exploit them safely. So I hope that if the poison is extracted, we might be able to gather more information about the Huntsman. My plan had been to sort of stalk the Huntsman in the Dreams.” It was the safest way to go about it. And she had planned to go at it alone, but keeps quiet on that part.

An understanding nod, “That’s ok, no worries. Asking for help is not an easy thing to do. So what were you looking for?” her voice gentle, curious.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

"Oh I wouldn't expect less than a challenge." A soft chuckle escaping his lips as he sipped at the cider. "They're classics I don't think you'll be disappointed. No,no,no. This cup is fine, I'll finish it but I might switch to the other after, it's not bad at all just not to my tastes." Small smile offered as he took another sip.

"I know, you look out for everyone I just don't want to be a burden." A further burden. Sitting back as they discussed the poison when there was a pause he'd speak. "Yea, at the very least we can hope it weakens it's influence there. I think our best bet is to weaken its influence and make the cost of staying here too high to be worth it. But I don't know, not in my nature to fight these things."

"I'm not really sure, I'm kind of out of my depth here. I want something nice but also functional maybe? Ideally something that symbolizes my court and maybe something that functions within it?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

“Great! I’ll look forward to them then!” maybe she’d find she enjoyed mysteries. “Oh, ok. But don’t feel like you have to finish it.” It was why she kept different flavors on hand.

Shaking her head, “Never a burden.” She tries to reassure him. “I’ve always been one of those people that just love helping and taking care of those around me.” Was just how she was.

“That would be a huge benefit for us if it did that. We learned we cannot take him head on, so we just need to be a bit creative. Though I have to wonder if there are clues to his main location in the Dreams. We were able to follow the poison all the way to him, so maybe there’s something in there we can use.” A light shrug, “Not in my nature either. But I was here when we defeated Fairweather, so I know we can defeat one of Them. But we just need to be smart and beat him at his own game. And I believe we can.” She truly believed it. “But don’t feel like you have to do something you don’t want to, or are uncomfortable with.” She would never ask someone to do something they didn’t want to do.

“Hmmm,”
    she says, picking up one of the sketch books and opening to a clean page. “So what does your Court symbolize to you? And what types of functions were you thinking?” there were a few directions they could go. “With Hedgespinning, there are certain things we can do, and things we cannot. The dress you saw had no real function to it, just a dress that infused with various things. Though you can always add to things. If I wanted the dress to act as an armor, I could do that.” Then a chuckle, “But I don’t see myself wearing it into a fight.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

10. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

"No really, it's fine." He brought the cup up and took another sip to prove the point. Her words were soothing the burden he felt he was but that wouldn't hold. "I understand that, I just like to make sure I'm not taking advantage is all. I see it a lot." A soft frown and a small shrug given.

"Yea the sequence went Hospital, Hedge, Forest. I think that's the ring of dreams, his at the center and working out. We have to nibble at the edges until we take the center. I agree that we can I just don't think direct conflict is our path, I think taking out the poison and cutting it off from the cult to weaken its position can work.

"There's also merit to challenging its being. If we can somehow make the Hunter, hunted. I just don't know which path is best." Then she hit him with the big question and he went silent again. Freezing in place as he went entirely silent. "That is a good question. I originally joined because I liked their approach to the Others. I still agree that hiding is best, I'd be happy to never hear of one again. People connect their Court their emotion but emotions and that might be true at the beginning.

"What's it come to me now? For being the Court of Secrets it's about the truth. That uncomfortable truth, that harsh reminder. That elephant in the room we all dance around. That's why it does what it has to for everyone's sake. So others have the opportunity to bury their sorrow and follow their desires when spring comes.

"We mourn, we remember..." He stresses that word as hard as he can in his flat tone. "so that others don't have to. We carry that burden because someone has to." His face was a placid mask hiding the storm beneath the surface. He didn't knowingly telegraph anything, he just went still and silent the rest of her words washing over and through him as the silence stretching between them brought him back.

A small sigh, free hand coming to scratch at the back of his head. "Sorry, I missed that. What were you saying?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread