Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Plot Call: Deadly Acquisitions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

For many people, art and artifacts are simply a beautiful expression of culture and history, and yet for others, it represents something else entirely.

So it is that on this dark and stormy evening at the Detroit Institute of Arts, and auction is being held. A range of priceless works and antiques are being shown in a blind bidding, drawing many powerful figures that wish to remain anonymous. If anything is certain, it is this: if there was ever a place to attract the apex predators of humanity, it is this auction.

Possible Plot Hooks:
    • There's a certain Vampire you've been hunting, but have never managed to catch sight of...until, perhaps, tonight.
    • There's an item you need to get. You don't know what it is, you just know death hangs around it like a stench in the air.
    • You're not following the monster, you're following the money, and a notorious Warlock has sent his banker to the auction.
    • You're there for another reason. Maybe you've been hired on as staff for the event. Maybe you were legitimately invited. For reasons of your own, you happen to be in the room that night.

Let me know what hooks sound fun, and we'll hammer out connections and how y'all are arriving to the event

Feel free to ask questions below! I hope y'all are as excited as I am!

2. Likes Xander, Yumyumcrow, , liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

I would be interested in Kate coming in looking for a certain Vampire that she has never been able to catch sight of!

0 Scenes

Most definitely interested!

Tasi is also hankering for a glimpse of a vampire she's never managed to catch sight of!

I would have the resources and possibly status to be legitimately invited.
    I am like a fine cheese. Old and smelly and usually best when accompanied by wine.

6. Likes liked this post

Seryna and I have been working together for backstories that have a connection between the characters. After having spoken to her, we believe it could make sense that Seryna's character (Kate) believes that a vampire (or some Mcguffin) she is hunting is going to be at the auction. Kate contacts my character (Monty if I am approved) who has the resources/status/fame to secure a couple of invitations.

side note, does anyone else want to work with Seryna and I at forming a connection between are characters?
    I am like a fine cheese. Old and smelly and usually best when accompanied by wine.

8. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Will would likely be there for the item but can work with any of the hooks.

Puck Scenes

Following the Warlock's money sounds cool to me. Pretty sure Lucas has the academics to be a decent accountant.

As for forming connections Sanityawol, I prefer to form them in play. I just like seeing how the toons interact rather then trying to guess character dynamics at chargen. I look forward to seeing what y'all came up with though!
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

The Plot is Officially Open!

For ease of play, we will say that you have all agreed to go as an impromptu Cell working together out of necessity and posing as Pennington's entourage to get you through the door. Feel free to discuss any concerns or questions here!

12. Likes Shane, , Sanityawol liked this post

Just a couple quick questions. Are there metal detectors? And one roll per item or one roll as a whole?

Shane

One roll as a whole if you want to defeat their security (including detectors) and sneak items in. Depending on how many, and how large, etc, might give a bonus to their contested roll.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
+ Reply to Thread