Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2011) Near the Chess table

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Nov 1, 2020 : (2011) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded and smiled as Jennifer shared her experience, "Perhaps it was, but I'll admit that I had hoped for him to turn his 'luck' around." The use of the word luck being ironic, of course.

The nearby chittering was almost distracting. He wondered how recently embraced they might have been to cling to such human descriptors, "Though, I must confess that I retain some admiration towards some who struggle time and time again yet they remain and endure. It is unfortunately a very fine line between a persistent failure and persistent with success."

The lesson Jennifer shared was all too close to home for Jack, opting to quietly nod in agreement rather than share any glimpses from his past. Turning his attention back to JC he inquires, "So you've been around for a few months, how are you enjoying Sacramento? Do you have any hobbies that you indulge in?" ​Some did, some didn't for the same reasons Kindred separated from passion.

Jack appears satisfied with JC's response

3 successes

Blood Hunt:

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glances towards Mr. Smith for a moment and turns her head, scanning Maeve's conversation. She noted who they were speaking with and turned towards her own group. She gives Jacque a wry look, lifting an eye brow a bit to share her thoughts on that conversation silently.

" I arranged a meeting with the former Priscus. I was curious if he would... turn his luck around." She imagined that Jacque had an idea why she had gone for the meeting.
    "I agree. I value persistence and perseverance. It says something. I read an article the other day that making mistakes helps the brain to grow..." A head tilt, as they were after all, walking corpses.

Dark brown eyes tick to Mr. Smith, curious if he had an interest in continuing the thread of conversation. The Nosferatu looks back to Jacque, remarking. "You and I need to have a talk about some things. Sometime..."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC didn’t recognize the name of Asa, but given the title that came with it, he could only assume it was important. Though he checked to see how Ale was reacting to talking of her predictor. Though he still was loath to express publicly that running away was its own way of perseverance. Especially since Jack seemed to approve of that particular answer alongside Hazelton.

“I’ve been enjoying it so. I’m hoping to indulge in music,” Between the Prince and Twist, (and his own mental health) "I'm hoping to take up the cello." It was becoming more and more a good idea.

The hissing snake’s words came as a surprise. More for agree with something so repulsive. NO! He forced past that part of himself. Hazelton was someone worth knowing. He KNEW that .He just needed to fight past the instincts of revulsion. That… hissing.

“I think I’ve read those same reports,”
    and it was true. Mistakes helped you grow. Mistakes like listening to a serpent’s voice. JC forced back the negative thoughts. “I’d be grateful to talk more closely.” Gratitude after all was the counter to mistakes and fear. Even from those with a voice like snakes. "Here's my number," he offered. It was connected to Mable but he hoped wouldn't matter.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"We are but a culmination of our experiences. If we cease in such growth, we very well may cease to exist." A knowing grin as he took liberties with the famous idiom.

Oh? The Lord thought to himself. He wasn't surprised at the notion, since they had been working on plans that would require them to circle back with each other. He was surprised that it was reiterated in tandem with the particular topic. It could very well either be an earnest desire to re-calibrate outlooks and plans, or it could be a professional warning to expedite their next meeting. Either way he smiled and nodded, "I'll make sure to arrange something soon."

"The Cello is it?" Jacque smiled at the Savage, "What makes you want to start out there?" Music was one of those endless abysses, but he was curious what drew him to his own instrument of choice.

Blood Hunt:

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Exit Scene. Should have done this in a previous post so the darn marble was taken out.

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

She regards JC with some interest as he shares that he has read the same reports.
    Jennifer accepts the card from JC Smith and reads it over. She tucks it into her clutch and draws out her own contact details from within. This one is styled as a business card - Jennifer Hazelton 555- 4565 email address: JenHacks@gmail... A post office box is listed.
    "Here are my contact details." She offers the card to Mr. Smith. "Yes, I would like that."

Jennifer nods to Jacque at his reply to her, understanding.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread