Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2011) Near the Chess table

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Nov 1, 2020 : (2011) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

As conversations continue, Jacque shifts his position in the room to create a little space.

Continued from (2011) Formal Court...

Blood Hunt:

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer moves to join Jacque, standing at a conversational distance from him.

"Its nice to see you here, Mr. Jack. I do wish you had been in attendance at last Court."

Jennifer gives her own coy glance to the Lord.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn joined Mister Jack and Lady Hazelton, and responded to their queries now that some of the niceties had been taken care of.

Quinn addressed Jack's question, and came in with a side winder. Not explicitly answering that very uncomfortable question, that was double edged, though delivered with enough charm to carry it as genteel. Quinn gave him one of her dazzling smiles. As bright as the sun, and as devoid of meaning as a light bulb. "As you like, Mister Jack," she replied to him politely and submissively to his preference of what to be called. She chuckled a little and shook her head. "I hate to be dull, but I'm afraid it is simply excellent observational skills, and willingness to be forthright and honest of where I am in the grand scheme of things. When all you have is your words to carry you, without opportunity yet of action or valor or past deeds of meaning, you must choose your words carefully."

She smiled at Lady Hazelton. "I do enjoy chess Lady Hazelton, and if I am honest almost all puzzle games and mental gymnastics. Coding does take an agility of the mind. My love for patterns I fear gives me away in this." She gave Lady Hazelton a knowing smile. "It is very proper to refer to me as Madame. I enjoy your attention to such details. I hope it is not off putting for me to use your Covenant titles. As an outsider using them, I could understand if you would prefer me to use the reference of Priscus Hazelton." Yes, she admitted the knowledge, though it did pain Quinn to do so. The questions that could arise from it was something she was not entirely prepared for. "I suppose though I do enjoy using your earned Covenant title. After all should it not be celebrated in speech at least with every opportunity?" Quinn politely and directly answered the not explicitly asked, but nonetheless implied probe if she knew the titles or was simply parroting. Honesty was usually the best policy with these things. Also, paying her the subtle compliment that Quinn saw in her an EARNED title, not something merely given by brown nosing, or being well placed with a prestigious sire or line.

4. Likes , liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded his head at Quinn's carefully measured response, "That is fair enough," He could at least appreciate the refreshing amount of wisdom in those words. "So, what brings you to the lovely Sacramento nightlife?" Her answers to the Notary drew him more curious in the shadow. On one hand, it was a precaution for those who would fail to mimic the etiquette correctly but on the other- was that really Quinn's problem? Either way, it was not his place to answer for her.

His eyes narrowed on Jennifer with an air of mischief, "I apologize for disappointing you then. Hopefully I didn't miss anything too sensational."

Once again he returned acknowledging gestures to new arrivals of court, bowing his head to Twist while nodding to others.

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I prefer Lady Notary Hazelton." Jennifer replied, her Curse asserting itself with its slithering serpent aspect. Excellent observational skills? She was pleased that Quinn had detected the wordplay. Did she interact with others of the First Estate much?
    "You remind me of my friend Dirt Nap." She states in response to Quinn. No doubt, being of the same Order, the two have spoken. Yet Dirt Nap was one who she thought of as being observant, even as he would downplay his own abilities.
    "Yes, I worked hard to attain my title."
    Having her claim put to the test by Prince Asa to determine how her mind worked had terrified her ten years ago. The Prince had given her opportunities, and was fair when she had made a mistake, for youth make mistakes. Her mind turned over briefly, wondering where Ricardo, Daniella and Triumvir had ended up.

Every one is always listening in at court and she glances over to track where Alexander Moore is and how he is fairing. She does love to gather information.

Jennifer glanced at Jacque for a beat, considering her reply.
    "Court is more pleasant with a keen conversationalist."

A thought pricked her and she posed the reply as something Quinn could add to as she was also present.
    "Sensational? Oh... It was eventful. I found some things to remark on."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled at Mister Jack, and chuckled a little at the question. "It is well positioned in the mortal sphere's in which I have influence and pull, also the emergency services were interested in keeping me on as a CI and retainer for difficult cases. It was an easy fit all in all, and I could see myself being prosperous." She smiled then and looked to Lady Hazelton and chuckled in earnest nodding her head a bit and looking to Mister Jack.

"It was quite the evening. I was on the edge of my seat so to speak." She looked at Lazy Hazelton again, and sobered a bit. "I am not to blame for Priscus Quillz utter lack of manners, but I feel on behalf of my clan, I offer my deepest sympathies for what you were put through. Snapping at someone who was only trying to offer assistance is poor form." She paused and looked at Mister Jack and arched a brow.

"Then Priscus Quillz had to be corrected by Her Grace over mispronouncing her name for second time." You can't fix stupid.

Quinn noticed Maeve's entrance and smiled broadly. She admired her cousin's choice in hair decoration. Very lovely, and oh so appropriate. A smart suit fit her well.

10. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"An admirable goal as any," a similar reason for most. You go where there is growth to be found. "I wish you success in your pursuit of prosperity."

A quick smirk as Jennifer once again complimented him, while simultaneously being coy responding to his question. The look to Quinn signaled she'd hand off the sharing of gossip to her.

Hearing the further plight of Horatio was disappointing, but not surprising. "That's unfortunate. I suppose we may not have that drink after all." He glanced around at the attendees, "Considering his challenges so far in avoiding social faux pas and now adding being late to Her Grace's Court to the growing list," he lifted his shoulders with indifference, "It sounds like you and your cousin have some decisions to make." Other family's politics were not something he wished to get into, but the statement was kept neutral outside of the obvious implication.

"Anything else of note?" He asked as his eyes flicked between the two women, "Or did Mister Quilz steal the limelight?"

Blood Hunt:

12. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Very well, Priscus Hazelton,” Despite his reservations about location, since staying with the Order he had found plenty of hunting. “Though I’m working to get a better feel for the local culture.” Whether or not this was a place he could speak without fear of being killed. And he had made his first step with Jennifer.

“Which is why I’m endeavoring to get to know better, and be known better by more people such as yourself.” He wondered how she would hear the words he said. As cringeworthy as it was, he listened carefully to how she voiced her answer. “And Mister Jack and Miss Durant for that matter,” he acknowledged the other handsome and beautiful Kindered present with a small smile. “I apologize it has taken me so long to engage in substantive conversation. Extroversion is not a natural predilection of mine.”
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

14. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer bowed to Archon Twist appropriately for a few beats of a mortal's heart. Jennifer's dark eyes watch Quinn's respond for a moment. When she was finished, Jennifer carefully turned over her answer. It was true, Quinn had not been near her Priscus or Jennifer. Jennifer had been listening to her conversation with Dirt Nap and Edward at times.
    "Thank you, Madame Quinn. Upon his presence, I might have been pressed to ask for a certain apology from your... Priscus.
    Oh my. Although... ".

Jennifer tilted her head, as though attempting to determine if Quilz had already waited too long.

Jack had summed up the situation eloquently, and Jennifer inclined her head to him in wordless agreement.
    "I had a pleasant conversation with her Grace."
    Jennifer replies to Mr. Jack. She turned slightly, watching Her Grace. It was a reminder to follow up on what was discussed.

" Local culture? I would suggest that her Grace, the Archon Twist, priscus of the Daeva and judex of the invictus, be looked to as a pillar of cultural influence. I know that I plan to take in a show... If anyone cares to join me.

As for taking the temperature of the room before speaking... It could be a virtue. "

Her eyes study J.C.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded soberly in response to Lady Hazelton's words. "I fear we won't be hearing anything from Priscus Quilz, Lady Notary Hazelton..." She glanced at the closed doors in silent affirmation, that he was indeed to late as it were. "I would like to schedule a meeting with you Lady Notary Hazelton regarding domain security measures. Seneschal Hart assures me our interests are very much aligned and pointed me in your direction. At your earliest convenience of course..."

Quinn shook her head at Mister Jack's inquiry of anything else at court. "Thankfully no, but pleasant conversations took up the majority of the evening."

Quinn smiled warmly to JC Smith as he joined them and assured both Mister Jack and herself that he had been meaning to speak with them. So nice to not be wholly forgotten. Hm? She glanced at Mister Jack and then nodded a bit to his words. "It is tough to speak with everyone you have a mind to speak with when you are new. Lot's to take in. I for one can certainly understand that."

17. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread