THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2011) A more empty corner
Nov 10, 2020 - Dec 4, 2020
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles as Eulogy introduces himself or rather says 'Hi' and invites someone to introduce everyone else to him. He seems to know people already, so Kaze decides not to insert himself into the dynamic.

Campanella and Aurora and the new guy, 'Crystal' seem to have some Order business to catch up on. Kaze smiles and nods to Crystal before he's pulled away. "Nice to meet you, Crystal."

Skye offers to share some of Guru's pie. Sure, why not. "Sure. Why not?" Kaze agrees, smiling to Guru. "Thanks!"

When Naga, Puck and Anima show up the room begins to feel like an actual community, a little anyway.

Kaze says, 'Hey." with a friendly wave and smile to each in turn.

He wonders where Phoenyx is. She was actually living here, last he heard. He thinks about asking Skye and decides against it. It's not really any of his business anymore, and if he asks Skye, and she knows and tells him, Phoenyx might not appreciate everyone knowing.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

A little belatedly, Corn entered the informal gathering, having got the location from his prior contacts. Corn is dressed in dark clothes of better quality than his usual attire. Black trousers, shiny shoes (which he disliked but impressions mattered) and dark gray sweater. He could recognize nobody from the gathered people, he couldn't tell for sure if they were all mages but he could feel the magic coming from some of them. That much he was prepared for, even if he didn't have magic active himself.

What he was not prepared for was for the number of people that could easily find employment in the show business as models. Corn was not insecure about his looks so he didn't mind but it stroke him as a bit peculiar that so many of the people there would turn heads.
    Is the mage society in this city simply blessed with good looks by luck or they were actually using cosmetic magics? Corn thought but he shrugged. He was there to make introductions not tell other people how to use their magic.

Waiting for a few moments for an opening, he approached with respect - he didn't know who was who after all - and introduced himself trying to not interrupt anyone.
    "Greetings. I hope I am in the rice place. From what I feel emanating from this place and from some of you, my information must be correct." he said feeling a bit awkward and embarrassed. First introductions were important but they were not the easiest thing for him and he couldn't risk saying too much until he made sure he was in the right company. "I am Corn and I have come here today to introduce myself. I am a newcomer in this city, so if I make any faux pas out of ignorance I hope it could be overlooked. I don't personally know anyone from the city's most... enlightened residents so far and I come in peace. I hope I can get recognized by this gathering of similar minds and perhaps find some kindred spirits to work with. I am member of a group that believes knowledge is power and works to preserve it. I am also good with materials. Not adept in handling matter of course, but not a novice either."
    I hope that's enough to tell them what they need to know and if I am talking to tourists or other supernatural creatures they will just think I am an idiot...

Corn looked to the expressions of the people around him to see if they are befuddled and consider him an buffoon that speaks rubbish or they understand what he's talking about.
    If the guys back home pranked me and sent me to the wrong place, I am going to kill them.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

3. Likes Ruach, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh thank god.

Silence had enveloped the gathering for far to long except for the corner the Mysties were gathered. The arrival of a new face was a welcome change of pace, even if he did seem overly cautious.

"We get it, you're a wizard Harry."
    Suddenly Puck is standing from his seat to face the newcomer. "I'm Puck, Acanthus Libertine. You can drop the code speak here. Also? Pie."

A finger wiggles in the general direction of Guru and his sugary gifts. Fairness to the new guy? He's a lot more polite then Puck was. He'd never open with an apology, but maybe that was why he rolled with the Free Council.

"So knowledge and preservation?" The Enchanter is walking up to the new guy, beaming his pluckiest smile. "Mystogogue or Libertine?"

Gotta have priorities. Puck is happy to do the 101 for an Order mate, but otherwise? There was literally a conversation for his people right now he should probably be a part of.

5. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Hello Santa Doctor", he doesn't understand this Consilium members' fascination with snacking on the Circle's premises. Somewhere not so hidden, he knew there was a business opportunity in opening a fast food joint. The best entrepreneurs solve problems after all, and some people use food for comfort. If so, which problems needed addressing?
    He got an idea or two.
    Either way, his musings are interrupted by the latest arrival's serpentine introduction - bar the clipping issues. A "Yo, wassup, I'm Corny", would have worked.
    Nevertheless, he's not one to be naturally rude, even though he almost wanted to pull a prank on the unsuspecting guy.
    The other new guy, however, smothers the baby in the crib.
    "Welcome", he says, that's it. People are being awfully quiet today. Apart from the Mystagogues.

7. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Noticing how others gathered in the corner with a shrug, these get togethers were mostly to keep track of things.

Puting her pie away for a moment with a chuckle as Puck makes a reference even she could understand.

Watching as the new guy enters, making her way over to him stopping just a bit away and turning around so that her back is against him. Rapidly bending her body heavily backwards until her hair is just an inch from the ground and looking up at him with an utter calm look and gentle smile as she takes in his appearance.
    "Welcome to the city Corn, I am talon Skye. As long as you follow the rules so am I sure that we will get along well, hope you will like it here if you need anything so am I sure your fellow members can help you and if you notice anything my order needs to know about so kindly report it to me or first talon Phoenyx." Her eyes shifting to a serious look for a brief moment before bending back up and heading back to eating her pie.

"Really good job on these pies Guru say could you help me look into some bread recipes?" Slowly eating and enjoying her two halves as she heads back towards the others.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn nodded towards Puck.
    "Thank you Puck, and pleased to meet you. I am a Mystagogue Moros. Pleased to meet you." Being pointed to the pie he smiled "Oh, that's thoughtful, yes, I would like a bite".
    But before he had some a strange pretty woman approached him and decided to speak to him in a genuinely acrobatic way. Not knowing who he was talking to Corn assumed a slightly confused awkward expression and replied to the long-haired woman "Pleased to meet you." Mages were not necessarily the most conforming bunch so he simply skipped ahead of the why do you do that? part and straight to the opening she gave him.

"Speaking of those rules, are there any special rules I should be aware of as a newcomer? I believe it is expected for me to be introduced to the Hierarch or the equivalent authority of this city, or at least make my presence known to the Herald. If I may, should I bring some gift for the occasion? Or it is a more casual affair? About the Mysterium Order that Puck mentioned, I would like to meet some of them, so they could bring me in contact with the leader of the Mysterium."
    Do they know the Mysterium often uses the title Hierophant? Are the titles of our order a secret in this city? You don't know how paranoid the local Mystagogues are, Corn. Better safe than sorry. They do look an awfully relaxed group though. I hope it's not a façade.

After taking a bite from the pie he got himself and savoring the taste he added "My thanks to whomever brought this here."

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Turning her look towards the newcomer with her plate in hand as the question came.
    "If you've ever been around others of the awakened before which I assume you have so are the rules pretty much the same." Otherwise he would not use such an obvious shadow name, sigh why did people make it so hard to put double names on them it was so much easier if done like hers a name that no one would react to but that she still loved. "Are you familiar with the laws of Lex Magica?" Taking a small bite of her pie.

Shrugging a bit.
    "As for your order so are there people here whom represent it and they will handle that part, your introduction for the city is pretty much done most of those who needs to know your presence is here and have already seen and heard you." Taking out her phone. "Mind if I take a picture?" There started to be to many new ones and she would need to show them to Phoenyx.

Looking towards Puck and Crystal.
    "If you don't mind so would I prefer a pic of you both as well?" Turning her look towards Eulogy. "Same for you if you don't mind."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"Mind if I take a picture?"
    Corn frowned uncomfortably. "I would prefer if you didn't actually. Generally, I am a but private as a person and I wouldn't like my picture being in other people's phones. " Well, that was a quite innocent white lie Corn told himself. He didn't mind his picture being in Sleepers' phones. But for mages he didn't even know? He felt that was a greater risk. God forbid the mages ever found about his facebook account even if he rarely used it. At least, Maria didn't question why he used "Max Mineral" as his facebook account name. But, a libertine once told him, "you attract more attention these days if you don't have a social media presence than if you have a mild one with outdated and vague info". It seemed sensible advice.
    "Even for phone numbers, I generally memorize mage numbers, I don't save them in my phone. If I absolutely have to write down such a number, I make changes so that it can't easily be traced."

Would the Talon mind him refusing? So far, the people here seemed remarkably friendly and relaxed. Welcoming even. But that was no reason to let one's defense dropped that quick. On the other hand, he may have to rely on that very particular alluring mage to save his butt when trouble comes knocking. That the mages here seemed friendly and welcoming does not mean there were no dangers. Still, he would feel better if mages didn't have his picture at this time.
    Better find an excuse and slip away that risk prolonged pressure to share a picture.
    "Thank you for the welcome and the hospitality, Puck, Skye and ..." he never got the name of the bearded fellow " ... gentleman".
    "I would be interested to speak to you again shortly, if you are still around. If you excuse me, I would share a few words with the other enlightened present."

With those words and a polite smile, Corn bowed out from the conversation, turning around a bit too quick, hoping Skye would not have the chance to get his picture as he moved towards a more isolated and peaceful corner.

15. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy frowned as Madison Aurora and Damien Winter completely ignored him. His eyebrows lowered at the perceived slight. A moment later his look returned to a more sunny disposition.

The Ladder mage returned Bartram's Campanella nod of acknowledgment in kind adding a friendly smile.

Eulogy stood quietly as the various people mingled about. At the arrival of Naga The Moros called out "Ah Miss Naga, lovely to see you again."

He managed to catch a few names as people introduced themselves to each other but since he wasn't trying to eavesdrop most of the conversations slipped past him. There was a obvious group forming around a rather captivating man Crystal , what did he say his name was? Crystal? Guess you have to be pretty for a new guy to get any attention around here Eulogy thought and let out an audible chuckle at his own Joke.

As yet another apparent newbie entered, Eulogy thought "Miss Naga wasn't kidding there is a lot of movement in the city's population. He listened to Corn 's introduction and gave him a friendly smile and said "Nice to meet you, I am Eulogy, also new."

He stood quietly while Corn and Skye had a brief conversation then he blinked as her words registered with him. "A picture, sure I guess. I mean I have never been asked for my picture before but yeah go ahead." he stammered clearly at a loss. "I also have business cards if anyone want's one."
    • Member of the Caretakers.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Not even trying to take the picture of the newly arrived Corn, his image clearly perserved in her mind and she would take notes once she could return to her little room in arrows wing.

Smiling towards Eulogy as she takes out her phone and quickly snaps a picture of him.
    "Thank you and yes I will gladly accept a business card." Putting her phone away and walking up closer to him to make it easier to speak without disturbing people. "Don't worry I will delete the picture once I have shown it to the rest of my order, just wanna make sure to be able to deliver a complete rapport to the first talon when so many new ones arrive." One or two new ones one thing but four yikes Phoenyx picked a bad time to be busy.

Smiling calmly towards him.
    "I am talon Skye if anything that concerns or would need my order comes up please report it either directly to me or the first talon please."

19. Likes Ruach, liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread