Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Not all people are the same.

Neither are cities.

Or cars.

... Or graveyards.

Sacramento had several, as befitted a city of its size and scope. This graveyard was one of the more neglected: small, old, and out of the way; there were no doubt a few plots left vacant, and a few more family plots as yet unfilled, but this was a graveyard nearing the inevitable end. No one had been buried here in some time. The grass lawns were starting to turn wild and feral. The gravestones were loosing their lustre and some had already turned completely green. Subsidence had begun to set in, turning the carefully laid out rows into undisciplined and unsightly ranks.

And it is here that a former Hierarch has come to witness and reflect.

Campanella ghosts through the neglected space, his coat wrapped around him and a scarf laid lightly over his shoulders, as silent as any wraith. The ghosts give him no pause, for he is a Master of Matter and a Disciple of Death.

Will he be alone with his thoughts this night?

Campy isn't going to the Reverence :P
    Saber Sloth can this scene be stickied so it locks into Continuity for Halloween?

Part glimpse and part invitation for other mage players who don't want to party at the Reverence (over in the Shards thread).
    Eulogy Sanityawol if you want to have our Moros characters meet Campy is available here. Note if you do, you can't be in the Reverence shard thread.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy was lost in the sights and sounds of festivities going on in the city as he walked. "I love this time of year." He thought. As a gaggle of children ran past he could not help but smile at the costumes. Tradition was important to Eulogy, keeping connections with the past allowed humans the opportunity to see their path though life and the ability to assess the overall growth as a species. All Hallows Eve was one of his favorite traditions. A celebration when people could reflect on mortality while honoring twilight spoke to him in a primal way. Plus he loved candy.

The brisk chill in the air was a comfort, most often, in his experience, cold meant death but today it reminded him he was alive. It didn’t make his walk uncomfortable so he continued. He wandered aimlessly and took in the city. The busy downtown turned into rural streets filled with ever renewed subdivisions that wound into the old neighborhoods.

On he walked and before he knew it he stood before the iron gates of an ancient graveyard. Eulogy cocked his head slightly at the intricacy of the iron wrought stonework. ”Beautiful work, old and neglected. he thought. ”Are you lonely, ancient one?” he said to the graveyard as if it was a living entity. He smiled to himself and entered.

Once inside he frowned at the state of the place. ”Oh my, Someone has been mean to you.” he said as he walked through the rundown place. ”Should be criminal this kind of neglect.

He continued his casual stroll taking in the ambience of the graveyard until he spotted a dark shape in the distance. Suddenly Eulogy realized that being in a deserted graveyard on Halloween, in a city with no friends, might not be the safest idea he ever had.

Well, it may be someone up to no good, a bad actor trying to desecrate the tombstones. Better to find out then let that happen. He thought. From a distance he called out. ”HEY! GOODEVENING. Uh HAPPY HALLOWEEN! and waited ready to flee or defend himself depending on what happened in the next few seconds.

1 success

Thank you very much for the invite. This seems more up my ally then dancing in a club.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Halloween just wasn’t as much fun for the Shaman as it used to be. She pulled out her Harley Quinn costume the night before, laid it out, but ended up putting it away again. Her heart and mind just were not there anymore.

Grabbing a leather coat, she went out for a walk. Hands jammed in the pockets of her jeans, head down as she let her feet and mind take her wherever. Kids were dodged as they ran by in bright costumes, screaming and laughing about what candy they had just gotten, or who had the better costume. It brought a hint of a smile to her face but it didn’t last long. She was just…off.

Somehow, she found herself in one of the numerous graveyards that Sacramento held. No stranger to Death, she continued, still not really focused on anything. Her look was completely casual this evening, dark pants, flannel shirt unbuttoned and leather coat. Her hair was allowed to air dry and really had no style to it, but it worked on her.

Until she thinks she spots a familiar face.

Was that…Campanella? Blink a few times. It was! Seemed luck was still on her side even if she wasn’t an Acanthus anymore.

But then she heard another voice, from a face she didn't recognize. And rethinks her approach.

Approaching, hands still in her pockets, “Hey." a soft, shy smile to Campy, not using names until the intentions of the other guy was known. "Hope I'm not interrupting." gray eyes moving from him to the guy and back. "Cause of so, we can catch up later." a shrug.

6. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He'd be hard pressed to find a more Halloweenesque costume than his normal attire of dark, cold colors.
    As he's driving aimlessly through town, the Guardian spots the familiar cars of his compatriots. Curious, he decides to park in the driveway and join them.

The graveyard lies between a state of neglect and rot, and one has to wonder about the monsters lurking in its twilight. You move forward toward the known silhouettes, waving a hand.
    "I just saw your cars and became curious. Hope I'm not interrupting anything", he says jovially.

8. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella had been admiring a sculpture of an angel. The white stone was stained with grime and turning black with dirt. Leaves completely hid the base of the sculpture, and as further sign to the general malaise and formed a crunchy, crumbly drift on one side. Yet no matter how much the Moros stared at the object, the stone angel did not appear to be weeping; rather, this was a stoic guardian watching over the departed souls. He liked that thought and resolved he would join the angel this halloween, in it's lonely vigil.

The shadows were lengthening when Campanella was roused from his thoughts by the sound of an unfamiliar voice. He turned, surprised at the noise. He saw the figure of Eulogy standing off in the distance. A few moment's later, the Moros registered the greeting and confidently raised his hand in a wave.

"I shall return,"
    he intoned at the angelic sculpture and made his unhurried way over to the other man. His hand slipped into his pocket; he withdrew it, remembering how flighty and suspicious Sleeper's could get.

"Happy Halloween to you." Campanella called back.

He reached Eulogy.

"I thought I was the only one who preferred solitude on a day like this. Too much noise for my liking. Would I be correct in that you feel the same way?"

He offered a friendly smile. At which point Aurora appeared. Campanella's smile became a quiet chuckle, which he hid with the curled fist of one hand.

"Hi. You know I thought I could quietly slink away this year..." He inclined his head to the Thyrsus once the chuckle had subsided.

At which point Winter made his presence known. Campanella was smiling again and ran a finger along his upper lip, one eyebrow arching in sheer perplexed curiosity.

"Am I being watched?"

He asked the Guardian with a merry gleam in his eye. His tone was jovial and not accusatory.

"Forgive me. I go by Bartram and this is Maddison..."

Campanella had never caught the name Winter used around Sleepers. Fortunately the Guardian was still approaching them, so he could avoid raising it himself. Instead his hand moved to gesture towards Aurora and implied through body language that he wanted Eulogy to speak.

Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

As the figure materialized into a distinguished looking gentleman Eulogy relaxed. ”At least it isn’t angsty teens causing problems. So that’s good.” He smiled for an instant before he noticed the other two shapes approaching and his smile faltered a fraction. ”More active then I would have imagined an out of the way graveyard to be...interesting.” Eulogy returned his smile and warily watched as the other two figures approached.

He nodded in acknowledgment of the gentleman’s question. ”I understand that sentiment. People can be somewhat.. loud at times. There is a peace here that speaks to me.” "The peace of the settled dead."

The second figure moved close enough for Eulogy to discern her as a woman. Even in the shadowed night Eulogy could see she was stunningly attractive in her casual attire. She called out to the gentleman in greeting and Eulogy kept silent. ”Apparently they know each other." he thought.

The gentleman spoke an introduction. Eulogy tore his eyes from the riveting woman and back to the gentleman. ’What? Oh yes." He caught on. ”Please to meet you both, Bartram.” He nodded politely, ”Maddison.” This time directing his nod toward her.

He waited a few seconds for the third figure to be revealed as a darkly dressed man. The man made a comment about recognizing the cars which led Eulogy to infer that this man was also known to the pair.

The Moros waited until the dark clothed man was close enough so as not to have to repeat himself and said ”Well met. My friends and associates call me Morty.” Eulogy had learned long ago that if someone was intent on learning a true name it was all but impossible to stop them so he just preferred honesty in his dealings. A nickname is useful in that regard.

He directed his attention back to Bartram and with a wispy grin said ”If you have come here looking for solitude I believe you have come to the wrong place.” His kindhearted laugh sounded sympathetic.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The stoic presence of Winter was welcome, and she nods, “I just happened upon these two myself, so you’re not interrupting me. But I cannot speak for others.” A light shrug and a smirk, “If we are, then, well maybe a drink will be in order.” Clearly, she was trying to joke, but, it probably fell flat.

Back to Campy, “Slink away?” an eyebrow raised, “Now why would you want to do that? Obviously, there are many who enjoy your company.” Gesturing with her hands, still in her pockets. “But if it’s solitude you seek, I can make myself scarce.” She offers.

At the introduction, she waves again. Pockets hands!

A friendly smile to the new face, “Nice to meet you Morty.” New people in public were a bit tricky.

12. Likes liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

(Sup Vision)Willpower 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

He nods at his neighbor, winking at her before he replies to the Moros. "If it's quietness that you seek, I'm sure I can arrange something". He's on thin ice, for he's unaware of the stranger's true affiliation.
    It's not an insurmountable problem however, and soon his vision is illuminated by a Myriad different sparks.
    After having checked the area, he visibly relaxes.
    "He's one of our own".

1 success

2 successes

14. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella chuckled along with Morty. He was, after all, sharing in the joke.

Aurora was polite as always.

Winter cut right to the chase and resolved the lingering suspicions, doubts, and uncertainties. The Moros recognised the flush of gooseflesh and the itchy pulse between his shoulder blades for what it was. And if there was any further doubt, Winter dispelled it when his posture suddenly relaxed.

"Well I guess that explains why we all decided to hide away in a graveyard on All Hallows Eve."

He spoke through the conversation, toward Winter. Turning to Aurora he added with a little smile:

"Glad you are... experimenting. There are plenty of lessons to learned out here with the dead."

And at last, he turned back to Morty with a raised eyebrow.

"New in town?"

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Everything was going so well up until that moment. ”Of course they’re awakened, Why wouldn’t they be. I swear I have the luck of an Acanthus.” He thought smugly. His smile became deeper and more friendly. His eyes retained a hint of wary alertness as he calculated his odds of surviving an impromptu dustup. ”Not great at three to one, that’s for sure. Hope this keeps civil and these three don’t turn out to be banishers."

He turned his attention to the darkly dressed man who had spoken without introduction and said ”Ah, I see." Eulogy paused for a heart beat and turned back to answer Bartram. ”Yes, I have only been in town a few days. Haven’t really had a chance to get out to a meet and greet but I did have a lovely lunch with, and was able to pay my proper respects to, one Miss Naga. Do you know her?”

”This was one of those defining moments in life, either Naga had the clout to extend me recognition within the Pentacle and these three should accept me or she doesn’t and I may have to prove myself again. That is, if they just don’t outright try to kill me.” He thought.

”As to your first question Bartram, I am liken to a child of Nyx” This statement amused Eulogy, even though it was not particularly hard to decipher if one has any interest in classical literature. Adding to the word play he continued ”My morose disposition makes me feel naturally predisposed to graveyards and there is something poetic about Halloween. A kind of metaphorical power.”

”What about yourselves? Did I wander into a place of sentimental value? Are you here as a group to perform some sort of religious ceremony and in my ignorance of the area I stomped in like an elephant? If so I offer my deepest apologies and will leave." He chose to use the metaphor of religion to hide from prying ears. Sleepers tend to accept religion easier than occult ritual.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread