Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

As promised, Dirt Nap accompanies Quinn Durant to the Ordo Dracul Chapter House. He does not offer a means of transportation, however, so Quinn ends up providing the ride as he gives directions.

The grounds and the mansion itself is grand, though perhaps not as well maintained as it might be. Still, it is not so much neglected as maintained by amateurs. Hedges are trimmed, but practically, not in fancy shapes and such. Likewise the exterior is clean enough, but not staged as it could be.

"Here it is, Ma'am. The leader won't be about, though we do have a guest who might be. J.C., if you know him." Dirt Nap says after they've both exited the vehicle.

He leads her to the front door and opens it, inviting her to enter.

2. Likes pisces, liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn's ride was in fact a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Luckily Quinn had an extra helmet for Dirt Nap in her saddle bags.

Quinn left their helmets on the bike, and took her first look at the exterior of the place and grinned. She loved the out of the way location, the unassuming building, and its architecture.

When Dirt Nap opened the door for her she smiled at him, and shook her head gently. "It is -I- who should be opening the door for you, Dirt Nap." She glanced down a moment and then back up. "I do appreciate the gesture of being a gentlemen, of course. Thank you. I hope I have not interrupted your studies with this distraction of a tour of sorts?" Quinn's hands were at her sides, her shoulders rounded slightly, however, and she showed her willingness to follow Dirt Nap's lead.

Quinn nodded at the fact that no 'masters' would be there. "It is alright." She paused and looked surprised. "Are we trying to recruit your cousin, JC Smith?" She asked him then, tilting her face to the side, watching Dirt Nap. "I will of course endeavor to make the best impression possible if you are. You can count on me for that."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap follows Quinn Durant inside the Chapter House, shutting the door behind.

Once inside he takes a breath. "Well." He says.

He stands still, unspeaking, staring at Quinn for a minute.

"I do try to be polite and respectful in general, in my own way at least. Some seem to take it as weakness or a lack of willpower on my part." Dirt Nap observes. "Some seem to think it is a sign that I am not the kind of man to force my will on anyone else. Including me, up until just recent-like."

Dirt Nap continues to stand and stare at Quinn Durant just inside the threshold, not offering a seat or a further tour.

"You're title would be 'Slave'. I don't care to have people fetching and carrying for me. For one thing, I don't like to show anyone who cares that I would be one to take out of the picture to cause a mess. But I do hold to the strict chain of command in the Order. I don't use it for a servant. But I will call you, 'Slave' and tell you to do things, or not to do things, and expect you to obey." Dirt Nap explains.

"I think we should get some things, like what we expect from each other cleared up before we get to talking about anything else."

6. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn listened intently to Dirt Nap, with a softened expression, rather than the neutral and amused one she wore in court. It was a more serious look, but also one of true interest. This was real. Court was faking it and forced conversation with those you may or may not have any interest in what-so-ever. Here there be Dragons. Her laser focus mirrored Dirt Nap's own. Sure, they may manifest this in different ways, but the philosophy and drive were identical. It was the one thing that bound the Covenant so tightly together, and made them focus only on these things so much to the exception of almost everything else.

So much like Roger.... no no no! Don't compare. If you melded that Lord in court and Dirt Nap, it would be Roger. I am so fucked.....

"You already know I will obey. Did I not in Court?" She said with a lop sided grin. One corner of those lips upturning. "Of course I was a lot more low key with it in court. I don't like the Ivory Tower to have any real inkling as to what we are about, how we are structured, how we establish mentorship, etc. I can tell our numbers swelling suddenly is ruffling feathers. So it goes." She shrugged her shoulders. I bet they are shitting bricks.

"So I expect you to have me help you in your works. I expect to do for you what is tedious to do for yourself. Research can be so pesky after all. I also expect you to set me to the task of learning the Coils. Unfortunately I was recruited at a brutal time in my last domain's chapter. We were at war for nearly a decade. The Dragon whom recruited me met his final death, but before the Chapter House there was destroyed, as other strongholds were targeted and destroyed amongst the other Covenants, I was able to preserve digitally what we would have lost there had I not intervened. It was enough for leadership to send their regards to me, and set me in esteem of the Covenant's leadership. It never allowed for me to learn anything useful of course. No one dared to set foot in the domain, as you can imagine. Even when things got back under control and peace was won. My sire never really did like Ordo Dracul. He wouldn't allow any to come in."What can I say? My sire's a fucking dick.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well." Dirt Nap says.

"I'm gonna have to disappoint you on the tedious stuff. That's part of my research, you see. Or you will see. I have survived three Changes so far, and I believe it comes from preparing myself enough. That preparing trends to be a lot of figuring out what I don't like, and making myself do it. A lot."

Dirt Nap chuckles softly and perhaps grimly.

"What kind of Coil do you have a death wish for, Slave?" He asks softly. "What you rather die than live with, unchanged?"

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn grinned at Dirt Nap and pretended to 'clutch her pearls' against her throat. "What's an existence without intellectual servitude?" A mild joke, poking a little fun at the situation. It was indeed a situation. Two Dragons with no masters was certainly an undertaking, but one she suspected Dirt Nap and herself to endeavor with everything they had to be up to the challenges they would face.

"I read in some of the material left from the old Chapter House that the Coil of Blood is the most essential to learn due to the fact that we are so chained by the driving need for blood. Our bloodlust can rule us completely, throw us off our Great Work, distract us from being able to observe, record, to learn." She paused a moment.
    But with no masters here to force it, we can do whatever the hell we want until we are told otherwise.

"Yet the one coil I desperately wish to learn is actually the Coil of the Beast." She couldn't smile, her thoughts were to dark. Frankly the prospect both thrilled her, and yet terrified her at the same time. "I lost myself once or twice before and I realize that one of the most insidious foes I will ever encounter wears my face. Having firmer control and understanding of the beast is essential to anything I could ever hope to achieve or accomplish. I can't let it get the upper hand. I've seen the end result. I wish to prolong that fate as long as is possible." Being a mindless monster is pretty limiting.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods slowly after Quinn Durant has finished speaking.

"Well, okay then." He says.

He turns and leads Quinn through the mansion, showing her the sitting room, the kitchen, the upstairs bedrooms and finally down into the lower level, where the rather extensive laundry room is, and beyond that a very secure and sturdy looking cell with very strong looking bars and thick walls.

"I felt the same way about it as you, Slave Durant." Dirt Nap says. "I took my first Coil, the Beast, because I'd rather die than frenzy with no way to stop it."

He stares at Quin again. "You should call me, 'Scholar Dirt Nap' when it's just the two of us." Dirt Nap says softly. "Now. I have the rank to just say I will be your Master, the one taking responsibility for preparing you to survive your first Change."

He stares another moment and says, "Some might think it a weakness to give you a choice, but that's what I'm doing. I scrubbed this place clean of the the brains and guts of the last pretty young thing I was supposed to help survive her Change. I believe I was too light on her, and possible we just weren't a good match, my way of preparing being pretty physical and uncomfortable, and her ways being more about the appearance of things."

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn watched him watching her. Like two sharks circling in a very small pool trying not to bump each other the wrong way.
    She was quiet a long time. She contemplated his words, looked around at all the spaces and finally gave him a thoughtful look. Quinn wanted to see just how Dirt Nap really felt. The things he wouldn't say, mattered. What did he feel beneath that cool exterior? Time to peek. After all if she was to become his Slave, she needed to peel back the layers of the onion.

"It is a complicated relationship, I think. Master and Slave." She paused and her gaze never blinked as she watched him. "I wish for your Mentorship, and your appearance of willingness to take me on is a higher compliment than I expected you to pay me." She paused again, trying to figure a way to articulate her thoughts in a manner that would be acceptable to the Gangrel.

"It sounds that you want as firm a foundation between us as possible. I agree. I pledge that I have read extensively about different approaches to the trials to prepare for a Chrysalis. All of them for the Coil of the Beast indicate highly physical strain in various forms. From the least to the most extreme. We are on the same page, but I would like to grow a bit in our understanding of one another." A pause.

"Tell me about your trials of preparation if you would be so kind, Scholar Dirt Nap."

1 success
    Let me know if I have any success. LOL
    Last edited by Quinn Durant; Nov 5th, 2020 at 01:52 PM.  Reason for Edit: Include Roll

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is silent and staring at Quinn while she is quiet and thoughtfully looking at him.

His aura not as clear and distinct as it might be, though Quinn detects a pale silver color as dominant.

"Well, Slave Durant." Dirt Nap says slowly, and softly. "It's about Changing the physical response to frenzy. So, my aim is to push right up into the situation to cause frenzy. Work up a tolerance, to prepare for the Change in the Chrysalis. It's not complicated, just mighty unpleasent."

"'course me being Gangrel...well, I chose mostly to do it by hunger." He says. "In the ground."

"I was preparing a Daeva. I told her to make herself uncomfortable. I should have made sure of it, but I didn't, and it was her blood and guts I had to clean up down here."

"And I had a Mekhet one time. We hung out in the Barrens, around a camp fire. And then I told him to ask to learn knife fighting from a lady who was here at the time...which he did. I think he would have made it, but he disappeared with no word a while back."

"I made that Mekhet an offer though. He wanted to be free of the frenzy, and I told him I'd teach him Animalism, and if he took it far enough, it could help him control his own Beast in a frenzy. And he wouldn't have to take a chance on dying in the Chrysalis that way. He decided at the time to try both."

The house rule on the site is to subtract from the right when the counter value isn't known to subtract from the dice pool up front, so your single success is pretty far to the left, and stands.

16. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn didn't get as good a reading as she hoped. But, it was telling nonetheless. It still left her with more questions than answers. He could hate me for this. He could reject me for this. It's not like it hadn't happened before. But...nothing ventured nothing gained.

"I envy you your power, Scholar Dirt Nap. My last and albeit brief Mentorship, he was Gangrel as well. He told me such stories of adventures outside of the cities. Sleeping in the ground has its advantages, clearly. I would be too afraid of venturing that far afield without such a failsafe."

She listened to him speak of those who had come before her, his experiences with them with interest. Especially the Shadow. How she longed for more family. It was a constant ache. It was the only thing that made her miss where she came from. She raised her eyebrows a bit and nodded her head. Yeah....doing both sure sounded like a Mekhet alright. Greed for knowledge was not uncommon, in fact being nosey fucks was a calling card of her clan and really the only rival to that would be the Nosferatu.

"You speak of these others, and yet your soul whispers to me of your sadness. Is it the transient nature of having other Dragon's around to teach that makes you so sad, or is it something else?"

Her tone was gentle and soft. There was no pity there or any some such nonsense, but yearning to understand her new mentor. Mekhet often posed uncomfortable questions. Quinn was true to form on that.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread