Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn listened intently to Dirt Nap's words, nodding a little bit, assuring him she understood and was paying close attention.
    Of course, she knew it would take awhile. It took quite a bit to starve a well fed Kindred. Even a young one like herself. She smiled a bit at the last part. Little did he know how much of a stalker she is. She had meals plotted in advance due to how she liked to hunt and feed.

Quinn was not a Casanova. She didn't sleep with her food. Well usually. There was one or two exceptions over the last decade, but nothing recently. Quinn was quiet for awhile before responding.

"I understand. I can take care of it, and if you thought I was expecting that of you, well...let me assure you I wasn't." She smiled ever so slightly, and then tilted her face to the side, her gaze moving to the ceiling above them. "Sounds like your cousin is getting antsy up there." She paused a moment and a look of mischief briefly went through those pale hazel eyes of hers when she heard his footsteps on the stairs. Quinn could not resist...just couldn't. Deliberately projecting her voice a bit, she announced.

"I put on my robe and wizard hat!" She winked at Dirt Nap, and eagerly awaited their guest, and the look on his face when he tried to piece it together, before Dirt Nap inevitably explained it all.

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

With the keener hearing provided by the blood, the second voice became clear enough for him to understand and, more importantly, recognize as Quinn Durant. Though topic of slaves and possible frenzy he heard from Dirt Nap didn’t assuage all his concerns. Nor the talk of wizard hats and robes, though he noted a distinct increase in volume when Quinn spoke on that particular subject.

Through the laundry room, JC knocked softly on the entrance to the unvisited area.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens and nods when Quinn Durant says she can feed herself just fine.

He chuckles softly when she announces her arcane accessories for the benefit of J.C.

He raises a single brow in silent question when the knock on the door comes. He's apparently leaving it up to her whether to let J.C. in.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn grinned at Dirt Nap and nodded. "This should be interesting..." She said softly and watched with anticipation. She wondered a lot of things. How would he react? Would he even react?

"He's gotta understand the work we do here eventually. As awkward as this might be for a first glimpse of how we go about that, its not as bad as it could be." She nodded a little after the last as if reaffirming to herself.

7. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC waited patiently at the door. He heard Dirt Nap’s soft laugh and Quinn’s worries. It still didn’t make entire sense. From Durant’s words, he supposed that was the normal response. The work and how they went about it. Though now he felt a bit like an intruder. At the same time, part of why he had wanted to stay was to see how the Order operated. Wizard robes, frenzies, Slaves, things not being as bad as they could be, and all. He gave a gentle sigh through his nose.

“Dirt Nap?” he called through the door “I heard voices, is everything alright?” It was the truth on why he’d first come down.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

9. Likes pisces, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well now. I would say, seeing is not going to be the same thing as understanding, but if you are willing, I don't mind neither." Dirt Nap says softly.

He moves to unlock the door and invites J.C. to enter with a gesture.

"So far, everything is fine. This is likely to take a while. Slave Durant here is preparing for a Change that will put frenzy under her control. Part of getting ready is to live on the edge of frenzy of different kinds for a while. We're working on starving now." He 'explains'.

11. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded emphatically at that first statement. That was so true. She was thankful he understood how this could all seem to an outsider. They could appear cruel, even nuts. Maybe even both at once if they were particularly unlucky with JC's audience. She watched with slight apprehension as JC was invited in.

"That's what I'm worried about..." She muttered slightly. Or you know being stuck in a cage with two kindred not of your clan being there. You have never been great at blind faith, but yet here you are! And the other disturbing part for Quinn was that she actually cared what JC thought of them as an Order. The last thing they needed was more mistrust and shade being thrown their way. This seemed like an invitation to both, but again, faith right? Wasn't this a part of learning to trust your mentor?
    Last edited by Quinn Durant; Nov 22nd, 2020 at 11:16 AM.  Reason for Edit: Color coded speaking text

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well, Slave Durant has said she don't mind if you stay or ask about it, but we're gonna be here for a while, just so you know, J.C. Until Slave Durant gets good and starving and has to tussle with her Beast a bit."

Dirt Nap says, moving to shut and secure the door, he pauses.

"Make your call, J.C. in or out."

Going to end this with a "Lady or the Tiger" ending, whether J.C. stays or goes is a mystery to be answered in a future scene, perhaps! Thank you for the excellent scene! This is going into continuity now!

15. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread