Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Hunter Chargen Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Hello again everyone!

We now have character sheets opened up for submission, however, as this will not be a standard venue, I think it is a great idea for us to share our character ideas, and potentially builds, here for feedback. This way, we can make sure we don't double up on concepts (which can be fun, but most people don't like to), get a fresh take on our concept, or even help us workshop if we're stumped on something.

Reminder of the character creation rules:
    • We use 1st edition, New World of Darkness rules. No chronicles/2nd edition.
    • You have 40 xp to start with. You can drop your Morality to 5, gaining 5xp per point of dropped Morality (for a total of 10xp at 5 Morality).
    • Only 45% of your xp can be used for Supernatural XP spends. That includes Hunter Endowments. For 40xp, that means only 18 can be used for supernatural stealth. 22xp for 50 with dropped morality.
    • No minors. All characters must be at least 18 and APPEAR to be at least 18.
    • Attributes which are left at 1 after distribution of character creation dots must remain at 1 for six months of play. Attributes left at 1 cannot be improved with bonus character creation Experience. Only two Attributes can be left at 1.

Additionally, a reminder that you can make Tier 3 hunters and run Tier 3 PrPs, but I will only run PrPs for Tier 1 and Tier 2 hunters for the present, and I believe the same is true for Sloth. So, for instance, the PrP scheduled for Nov 7th, 2020, will be only Tier 1 and Tier 2.

Otherwise, let the ideas flow! What are you thinking about for characters? What questions about characters do you have?

0 Scenes

Since it might be a little hard to find, here's the Hunter Character Submission form for when we're ready to submit characters! http://nwod.org/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=16

3. Likes Xander, Sanityawol, Shane liked this post

Twist Scenes

Since it might be a little hard to find, here's the Hunter Character Submission form for when we're ready to submit characters! http://nwod.org/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=16
    Jump menu has been updated.

5. Likes Xander, Sanityawol, , Shane, liked this post

Characterwise I was thinking I'd make Stuntman/Wheelman who's ended up making it into the Ashwood Abbey.

7. Likes Sanityawol liked this post

Puck Scenes

I've been really wanting to make a character based around the midnight roads supplement if that'll work. I was thinking a mechanic so I don't step on Shane's shoes with a focus on crafts and other mental stats. Also lots of Firearms because American hunter.

I did have a few questions as far as backgrounds and RP. Will the hunters in the venue have day jobs and lives outside the Vigil or will it be more like Supernatural style roaming the countryside full time? Should we have connections and/or a common city where we are all based, or just have a reason to be 'passing through' whatever city the prp takes place in?
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

9. Likes Sanityawol liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Hi! This is great and I am really excited to see the stories you both will be unveiling.
    I had a question on dual membership. Kristen was Cherion and network zero ( she concealed her cherion cell of two others from her unaffiliated hunter friends).
    1 is dual membership okay? I'm okay with pushback on divided loyalties
    2 Is the network zero social media / tagging / recruiting going to be okay to bring into play?

11. Likes Sanityawol liked this post

I have been knocking a couple of different ideas around my head. Depending on how "out there" everyone is going.

My first idea is a professional criminal/Organized crime underboss, I want him to see ghosts so I was going to take the 3 dot Medium trait. I see it as he is potentially plagued by the shades of rivals and sometimes associates. I would be social leaning with resources and status

My second idea is some sort of socialite, Maybe an influencer or a traditional wealthy silver spooner. I haven't really nailed down what I want with this other then I want to play more social based characters.

I am open to suggestions.
    I am like a fine cheese. Old and smelly and usually best when accompanied by wine.

13. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

One additional question (sorry)
    * Practical Experience -- Is the dividing of PE going to be up to the cell or is there going to be a system. Like could we divide PE to help cell mates buy skills for a Tactic, for example. OK, I am done.

15. Likes Sanityawol liked this post

0 Scenes

Okay! Answers!

1) We were talking about choosing a city that wasn't Sacramento, or being a roving band of Hunters, having highway, rest stop or new city adventures whenever, or wherever the PrP calls for.

But ultimately it's whatever would be more fun for the players.

2) I think Divided memberships/loyalties would be dependent on the person running the PrP, and if it follows the guidelines already laid down.

3) Again depends on the PrP and who's running, but I don't think it would be too much of an issue to being the Network Zero tagging into play.

4) Sanityawol I'm uncertain if Cayce is going to allow Medium in right now. RE: Currently no Second Sight. (Even though Medium can also be found in the Book of the Dead.) Sounds like an interesting idea though!

5) Practical XP, we're still working out the kinks.

Okay! I have threeish ideas.

A Bookworm possible Ex Cult Member, struggling to understand what's happened to her, and hankering for revenge.

a Mourgue Intern (based off of a Hunter Character I played years and years ago with my TT group), more of a researcher, collector of let's say, interesting samples. As well as someone who could patch people up.

and an Cop turned PI, who saw something that robbed their partner of their sanity and some say, hers as well.

17. Likes , Cayce, Sanityawol, Xander liked this post

Ok no worries I don't mind reworking if it doesn't fly.
    I am like a fine cheese. Old and smelly and usually best when accompanied by wine.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread