Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable had received a text from Dirt Nap. She decided to wait out on the porch. Looking off in the distance she could see the glow from the fires looking like a beautiful sunset. It was unbelievable that something so beautiful could be so dangerous. Thank goodness she didn't need to breath to survive. She needed to see about the charity that helped those with asthma and other breathing issues. She could go hand out supplies again. That made her feel pretty good.

She looked to see if she could spot Dirt flying in on his silent wings. She smiled at how he was changing with each day.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Mable spots a bird flying in at the end of the driveway. Then Dirt Nap comes from behind a tree, ambling down the driveway.

"Hello the house." He calls out softly, for unnatural hearing.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable sees her friend and clan mate. "Hello, my friend." She calls warmly.

"We could talk outside or for more cy we could go into the living room."

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Thank you, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says amiable and slow and soft. "I suppose down by the corralle would be good, ifn it suits you alright, Ma'am." He suggests, perhaps hoping it would be a soothing, calming environment down by the horses, for either him or her or both.

When they arrive, Dirt Nap says soft as a whisper, "Ma'am, I have some questions that I am right curious about how you see things on, and I am of a mind that to ask them might come across disrespectful, which I don't aim to do, since I have a high respect for you as my elder, not to mention my oldest friend in these here parts."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Of course down by the horses. She should have thought of it herself. "Sure, let me grab their evening apples." Mable reached into the basket by the door. She handed one of the apples to Dirt Nap.

"No worries. I know you never mean any disrespect to me. And I rely on you to be straight with me on things. So go ahead. what's up?"
    Her guesses what he was going to talk about were all over the place...from why she hadn't finished learning to hide her beast, why she was struggling in court all of the sudden, to his wanting to be Priscus .. and so many more potential issues.

They arrived at the horses. Mable petted the shiny head and offered an apple. The horses lips wrapped around it. Mable smiled at the horse.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well thank you, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says, accepting the apple and just holding it by his side as they walk to the horses.

He offers the apple to a horse, a slight, rare smile on his face as it eats.

"I heard a saying I liked the sound of one time, it goes, 'An expert is someone who has made every possible mistake in a narrow field'." Dirt Nap says.

"My nature, nowadays anyway, is to avoid making any mistakes. That means I don't tend to try things that are risky or spur of the moment, so I miss out on a lot of learning that way." Dirt Nap 'explains'.

"I try to learn what I can by observing, but it's not the same thing."

After long pause, just enjoying the night and the company, horses included, Dirt Nap asks, "Do you mind if I ask you about mistakes you maybe made? To learn what I can from you, Ma'am?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

She nods as Dirt Nap speaks. Mable chuckles, "I am an expert at making mistakes. But I see what you mean, I do tend to be more willing to take risks and to try things. I'm kinda a hands on learner. Which of the many I have made are you interested in?"

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still and listens, watching Mable intently as she speaks.

He remains still and silent for a full minute or more after she finishes talking.

Then he takes a breath, and says, slowly, "Well, Ma'am. It seems to me I wouldn't learn much if I tried to tell you what your mistakes were."

Dirt Nap pauses and then says, "I suppose that would be the first thing I'd like to learn from you, if you don't mind. What do you figure are your mistakes?" He asks softly. "As opposed to just bad luck and such."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

She considers this for a moment. "Well, I used the wrong word in court a couple of months ago. That was an unintentional mistake. Probably because I was trying to hard. That's when most of my mistakes happen, when I am trying too hard."

"Mistakes as a priscus... Well I thought I was doing the right thing giving up the Priscus position. I had court duties that I thought would amount to more. And I knew I was weak on social abilities. I allowed myself to be convinced that I needed to have more social prowess to make a good Priscus. Looking back on it, I trusted much too much the word of others. And I now know I was doing a good job looking after the Clan."

"Maybe my greatest mistake is caring too much ...about what others say...about others need. Maybe also, trying to hold onto what made me who I am? I spend a lot of time alone, but also a lot of time with kine."

Mable's thoughts drifted slightly. "I even tried to help an alien thing, that almost gave me my final death. Those I trusted abandoned me, ultimately left me to parish. I was trying to protect the domain and the alien. I guess I did succeed because the domain still stands and the alien's protectors have it now."

"I guess I could riminess about all the things I have done and still do to protect the domain at a cost to myself. But that gets me nowhere with anyone, especially the Prince. At least she seems to be accepting me for who I am. That's good."

"Does any of this help? I would love to know where other missteps have happened so I can improve."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens and watches Mable intently, not moving even to nod, not making any sound even to encourage her to speak.

When she finishes and asks him if what she has to say is helpful, he nods slowly.

"I believe it might." Dirt Nap says.

Then he doesn't say anything for a few minutes, but seems to turn his attention to the horses.

"It reminds me of a herd." He says. "Of horses, that is." His tone is one of explanation, but the non sequitur does not seem to explain much.

"I figure my mistake so far has been doing too little, not trying hard enough, to make a difference around here. Now I hear you kind of saying your problem has been trying too hard...to make a difference? Or an impression?"

Dirt Nap turns to Mable again. "It sounds like you know when you are pushing too hard, yourself or maybe others. 'Trying to hard' maybe. If you know when you are doing it, and you believe it's a mistake...why do you think you do it?" He asks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread