Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smiled at the Prince's offer, "I would not object, however that only lasts as long as nobody else knows Italian." He ponders the ask for a moment before replying, "That is a tough one. It needs to be easily incorporated into any situation or conversation. Let me give it a little thought and come back to you with some proposals."

"What's in it for me?" he feigned surprise, "Why, serving in a useful manner to Her Grace and being an asset to the future stability of Her Domain is its own reward." He allowed a grin to pass over his lips to silently signal he did not take her for a fool, "I don't intend to make a habit of asking for 'rewards'. After all, this power was a product of your investment in me, guiding me to the Invictus which subsequently opened the doors needed to be successful in this endeavor."

"If the payoff inspires you to want to further this investment, however, there are two things which only you have the power to grant," He adjusted his posture as he casually flicked slender fingers in the air to bullet his requests, "Like most powers, it is taxing on my blood. Considering the amount of bullshit Kindred tend to fling during their Danse and the intention of this power I would like to humbly request access to your Rack for one year." He paused before adding, "Perhaps we can reevaluate at that time whether additional access has been earned?"

He produces a letter from his jacket with his free hand, "Secondly, I'd like to invest in a more permanent location to reside. This type of research is best executed when I have a constant, stable and secure location to do it in. Prior to her departure, the previous Priscus saw fit to grant me Landowner and Tenancy rights within your communal zone. I know I am able to grant that for myself now as Priscus, but I'd like to exchange this privilege for the same rights in Valencia so that I can build there."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod, “That is the downfall. The only other I know of is Archon Twist. But, it would be smart for someone to know it, and not share the knowledge. Though, nothing of importance is discussed in Court for all ears to hear.” A shrug. “I look forward to hearing what you come up with.” And she was sure that the Lord would have something good.

Smirking, “As a business woman, I know nothing is free. Even more so in our society.” Not that she needed to explain.

Relaxing into her seat, she listened.

His first request seemed fair. He’d had Rack access before, and had proven himself loyal to the Domain and her.

Accepting the letter, she reads it as she continues to listen. “I am not opposed to granting you access to the Rack for a year.” That wasn’t her concern.

“Now your second request is a rather curious one, as no one as requested it before.” Her fingers steepled under her chin, “So you want to forgo the rights in the Communal Zone?” making sure she heard correctly. “And you understand that as a Landowner, you would not be permitted to grant Tenancy or Feeding rights within Valencia?” because that was a whole other thing.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded, "Certainly, but your Laws are clear on the expectation of service to the Domain. That is why I viewed this exchange more as an investment to improve my ability to serve." He smirked as his voiced trailed with an analogy, "...well oiled machines and all."

A smile flickered across his lips as the first request was granted, then an understanding nod came with her commentary, "Correct, my request is akin to a trade of my personal privileges from your communal zone to the same in Valencia. For all intents and purposes I would be effectively breaking even."

To her second question, "Yes, in regards to within Valencia." He tilted a hand as he continued, "Though my intention, so long as I serve as Priscus, is to still be able to grant those privileges within the communal zone to other Lords of quality that may find their way to Sacramento and earn the right."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

He had her there, and she chuckles, “Yes, but most figure that applies to defending the Domain from threats and keeping an eye out for Breaches and poachers.” But she wasn’t one to complain.

“We will revisit the Rack access in a year.”
    Because he requested a year, beyond that? Well, that could be determined later.

“I’m glad you mentioned that, as I was going to bring it up. And so far don’t see a problem with allowing this. But I want to make sure you have a clear understanding that if I feel you are abusing the position, or I feel our visions no longer align, I will revoke it. I don’t have to remind you of the mess that was Florian. I do not want a repeat of that.” She begins, then holds up a finger, “Not that I expect such behavior from you, but I am laying things on the table, making sure they are clear and understood.” There would not be a repeat.

“Now, in the future, should other Lords wish to seek Tenancy within Valencia, I am willing to entertain the idea. It’s no secret that I don’t hand out privileges without the person earning them.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded at the disclaimers, "Of course. That certainly sounds like all the more reason to ensure our visions remain aligned." Folding his hands over each other, "If I'm being forthright, this exchange benefits me in precisely one way. It removes the ability for a Priscus of Lords to arbitrarily revoke my rights or hold those rights and my investment hostage." He shrugged his shoulders, "With Miss Black's departure it isn't a scenario I'd expect to encounter but the chances are greater than zero." A flash of teeth with a smile, "So I plan for and mitigate the risk."

He hummed at the mention of Florin, "Speaking of that, I would also humbly ask for your assurance that if you choose to install a Regent to Valencia that my rights to land would remain under your sole privilege to alter or revoke. Moretti's gatekeeping of the Lancea Sanctum's property is a scenario I would prefer to avoid, if not the sole inspiration for the precautions I'm taking here."

"Your conditions are crystal clear, your Grace. I had no delusions of limiting or restricting your ability to offer others comparable rewards." A tilt of his hand as he concluded, "I simply seek stability and security as I mentioned."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The steepled hands remain, “Thus far, it hasn’t been an issue. I like to think we have a nice working relationship. But things change, people change, it’s just how the world works. So long as things continue as they are, there shouldn’t be a problem.” Would it change? She wasn’t sure. “A curious answer. Were you expecting her to make such a move?” phrasing was everything in their world.

Her face remains impassive, If I install a Regent. That mess left lingering issues that I need to sort through. But if it does come up, there is no reason to be worried, there will be no gatekeeping. It’s not a scenario I will see play out again. Your request will be honored, you have my word.” And as an Invictus, her word was her bond.

A single nod, “And should concerns arise in the future, I would like you to come to me and express them. Misunderstandings can often be our own downfall.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque offered a smile as he agreed, "We certainly do, in my humble opinion." He shrugged at her query, "No. As you so aptly alluded, over a long enough timeline with the right mix of power, arrogance and complacency the situation could change. I find it best to recognize and mitigate risks before they become a problem."

He notices the face devoid of expression and treads carefully, "Thank you, Your Grace. You have always been very approachable and I hope the transparency has been welcome."

"With these generous gifts you've permitted, my next goals are to establish my footprint here with both the property I seek and influence on behalf of the First Estate."
    A casual waving of his hand as he continued, "I hope to also continue building a foundational knowledge towards unlocking other powers I've read about since joining the Invictus." A coy grin, "With that in mind, there may be an evening where I might ask to learn the secrets of how your family commands the blood."

He shrugged lightheartedly, "I don't believe anytime soon, but I wanted to put the idea out there so you could consider what you might want in exchange- if you're willing to teach me at all."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Ah, but it’s always the risks that one never expects that can be the downfall.” Perhaps speaking from experience. Or maybe seeing it happen.

“I have appreciated the transparency. It’s nice to be able to have a conversation that are honest and to the point. So often I find myself in talks with people attempting to use flattery to gain something.” Not that it worked, but it was exhausting and aggravating.

Nodding, “Commendable goals, I wish you luck.” They all had goals, something they wanted. An eyebrow arches, “Oh? I’ve always been a little more guarded with those secrets. I’ve seen first hand the destruction my family’s gifts can do. So I won’t say yes, but I won’t say no. It’s something I would need to think about, if the benefits outweigh the risks.” Claws like hers, in an unstable Kindred were a disaster waiting to happen.

“I will keep it in mind, and should that evening come, I believe I should have an answer.” An answer, but not.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of course, your Grace. Power in general is devastating in the wrong hands and I appreciate your wisdom in careful consideration." Not much more to say on the matter. He had aimed to put the thought in her mind, not to get a firm answer.

"So, in my almost two years here I've established myself as a lawyer, established allies with Judicial and City Hall officials and now I've worked my way through developing a power to suppress the lies of Kindred," he offers a prideful smile, "Are there any other challenges, or perhaps simple annoyances that I might be able to help provide a solution for?"

Always looking for a way to stay useful. Valued.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was content to let the matter rest until a later time.

“Seems you’ve been successful at keeping yourself busy and useful to the Domain. Always a good thing.” Maybe that was her way of complimenting what he had done. Hard to tell with the Savage though.

A shrug and shake of her head, “Things have been quiet, and that means not a lot going on. So there isn’t anything to request assistance with. Unless you know of a quick way to reteach myself how to play the piano.” A chuckle, there was no quick fix to that. “But I’d take advantage of the quiet to do something for yourself. Like maybe read a good book.” Yes, that was what she was currently doing. Despite what others may think, the Savage enjoyed a good book.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread