Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Criminal Intent: Edward calls Isabella

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward had waited to be back in his Haven before placing his call. He had to think; he had to plan. Edward would handle this himself; there was no need to involve others. The most important consideration was what role Mr. Kowalsic imagined he would be playing? Why send them after a witness when the witness saw him?

The more he thought about it, the less clear it became. There was no way Mr. Kowalsic was that stupid, and it was a canvas — hardly proof. Edward's outburst was almost certainly over nothing; it was far more likely Simone was in on it. He idly wondered if his mind would change again, but he doubted it, not without further evidence.

He dialled the number on the business card, deciding to hide details behind the pretense of staying secure on the phone. It began to ring...

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

After three rings, the call is picked up.
    "Yes, this is Isabella for Mr. Kowalsic." Edward recognizes the voice as Isabella. "May I ask whose calling?"

OOC
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Edward Heinrich. I am calling to give an update on the task we previously discussed placing into my care. The photographer has been found, and we are close to arranging a meeting with the woman."

"You must forgive my brevity; Mr. Kowalsic may be assured that I shall provide a more complete overview of how events have transpired in person at a later date."

"Are you aware of matters developing in any direction that would be beneficial for the team or myself to gain awareness of?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"What woman?" Isabella asked. You can hear pages being turned.

"Yes, there is something. Have you located the painting?" Isabella asked matter of factly. "There is some concern it could cause some embarrassment for the Club, you understand."

@White Edward Heinrich
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Ms. Melanie. I believe she and Mr. Kowalsic are already... acquainted with one another."

"Indeed, Miss Kowalsic. While I have located the canvas, and even laid eyes upon it, due to situational factors, of which I shall not belabour you, I elected to collect it at a later date."

"Have you further urgent intelligence regarding the painting, Miss Kowalsic?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Ah." The word is thick with emotion.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Yes, it would be her. You have located the canvas and laid eyes on it?" Isabella places emphasis on the words 'canvas' and 'laid eyes on it'. "Just a moment."
    There is a pause. There is some movement on the other end, the receiver being shifted. You hear a quiet few words, as though she is speaking to someone else in the room but has covered the phone. Isabella comes back on the line. She seems very concerned and begins to speak slowly, with care.

"Are you sure about what you saw? I heard that there's concern about a new painting being used in an art show. We can't quite narrow down where that could be. It appears to be a private affair. If you have seen it, I assume it was destroyed."

8. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"My apologies, Miss Kowalsic, for I have misspoken. All I have laid eyes upon is a sketch of what the canvas depicts, not the canvas itself."

"I had heard of the art show, but sadly it would appear you as abreast on the matter as the investigation team. You may trust we shall follow up on the matter."

10. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"That makes sense." Isabella's words began to come more naturally, less concerned.

"Its understood. The obfuscated way we have to talk over these lines makes these things happen. I'll let you go so you can track down where that painting is, unless you need anything from Mr. Kowalsic or I?" She inquires, politely and seemingly sincere.

"I know he's becoming concerned that people could see the painting the longer this goes on... We don't want a scandal."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"There is not." Edward assures there is nothing else he needs.

"I share the concern, Miss Kowalsic. We shall do what we must to contain the matter. Good day, Miss Kowalisc." He says in parting. Waiting only to hear her words of goodbye before hanging up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread