Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2010) Mable and Maeve

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve smiles back at the gangrel. She wasn't expecting such a genuine looking smile given her experiences over the last few minutes. Still, for a long moment she feels like prey and for an instant, she almost feels as though she must fight, but she stuffs the feeling down.

"Nice to meet you, Mable. I'm, uh, unaligned." She runs her fingers through her blue hair, twirling a lock of the frizzed curl about her finger, "So, how is the evening hanging? And fun or weird happenstances? Would be nice to get to know what goes on around here a bit." Her eyes briefly look about, noticing the way everyone seems to look over their shoulders so very often. That must get exhausting.
    | BP 2

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Relax, Miss Maeve, or do you have a last name?" Mable encourage. "Before we chat...You need to remember a few rules especially in court. First, in court or official events, you need to address me as Miss Wood. We need to keep formal here. Outside of court when we are just hanging out I would love you to call me Mable."

"Other important names to remember are the Prince you address as Prince Anitori or Your Grace. Bow or curtsy to her when she enters or you are speaking with her. It's easiest to think of it like how would you be expected to react to any other royalty...with respect. Also, never approach her without permission. The seneschal is Seneschal Hart. Then we have the Prisci: Priscus Hazelton, Priscus Jacque and Priscus Twist who is also Hound Twist or Archon Twist. Trust me, I learned the hard way, don't make mistakes with titles. Also, an acknowledging deep nod of the head goes a long way."

"I'm sorry, I know that was a lot of info. I just don't want you getting into trouble. Anyway... I live out on a farm a little north of here. You are welcome to visit any time. Do you have a place to stay right now?"

"I'm sure others have asked, but what brings you to the domain? Where are you from? What interests you?" Mable gave a bright warm inviting smile. It is obvious she is genuinely concerned and curious.

3. Likes Shenanigans, liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"Oh, right. It's O'Ryan. Must follow the proper protocol. I apologize, Miss Wood." Don't want to end up like Horatio. Though, Mable seems nice. She just looks like a wholesome person you could scoop up and put in your pocket. "It's been a while since I've been to a formal court. I've been out and about, traveling around. Hopefully once I get to know everyone, things will stick. I'm a quicker learner than I think I come off sometimes," She chuckles a little. It was true.

"Yes, Mr. Quiltz gave me a large reading assignment with details. Though, repetition definitely helps. It's a lot of new in terms of people and I'll need to be on it quick. I appreciate you taking the time to give me a further run down. It helps," She says with a small smile.

Her eyes perk with interest as Mable talks about her little farm, "Oh, that sounds adorable. I'd love to have people to hang with. Right now I'm just waiting on a move out with an apartment, so I'm staying at a little motel for about another week or so. Shouldn't be too bad. I tend to enjoy being downtown, though I haven't done much sight seeing in Sacramento yet, so it would be nice to explore more."

She takes a moment to think on her answers to Mable's questions. "Well, there gets to be a point where you feel as though you need your own space to make your own decisions about how you are going to go about your life. I mean, there are always going to be outside forces dictating what you do, particularly within our society, and for good reason." For the most part. Maybe. Kinda. "I felt the wanderlust call, so I followed it here. I thought a place where I knew absolutely no one would be good for a fresh start. Not that I needed one for anything weird, just... fresh air."

"I'm from Portland. Weird place with weird people, in a good way. Most of the time. I'm an average person I think. I enjoy video games, Corgis, people watching, watching Vine compilations, and general shenanigans. Music too. Nothing better than catching a concert and catching vibes. What about you?" She knew the things she listed were pretty random, but then again, as a person, she's pretty random.
    | BP 2

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh good. She didn't take it as Mable being harsh.

"Miss O'Ryan... hmmm irish?" She smiles again. "So next month is a super formal court. So attendance is mandatory and gowns are usually worn. I like to order gowns from this online company that is kinda like a rental. Inexpensive and easy. Here is my number..." Mable hands her a business card. "If you need a ride anywhere or want to stay at the farm you are more then welcome to. I kinda miss having company."

"Oh I totally get the wanderlust thing. For me, I spent many years solitary in the woods. I'm a forest ranger. Now working with the Urban forestry project. I do a lot of work in the cemeteries cleaning up the trees as well as doing wild fire clean up. For fun, I love watching movies and reality TV shows. I learn so much about people that way. What kind of music do you like. I'm into all kinds and have fun trying out different clubs once in a while."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"Yeah, 2nd gen, but the accent didn't feel like hanging around. It occasionally comes out when I've had a good laugh though. Terminology and all that jazz. Was originally spelled Ó Riain, but you know... gotta be like the 'mericans and all."

Maeve nods, listening with interest, a bit of a smile on her face. One might wonder with a touch of makeup what she might be able to do with her appearance. She herself rather wondered. A gown. I could try one of those. A rental would certainly work pretty well with my resources... then again, sexy suit. I guess that is a question to ask. "Is the Court against femme looking bodies in nice suits?" She asks a little quietly. Not overly so, but just not something she often feels like blurting out. "But yeah, having someone to hang out with would be awesome." She takes the business card from Mable, looking over it before slipping it into her pocket.

"That must've been kind of wonderful though. Less people, all the nature around you. I could see why you'd want to go into being a Ranger. Oh? Which reality TV shows? I love anything that most people would consider complete trash. Oh, and competition shows. I could watch people be tattooed like all day."
    She smiles, considering the art of it all.

"I enjoy quite a few genres, particularly electronica and video game music. I enjoy some symphonic metal too, like Nightwish. What about you? Oh, if you know any cool club scenes, I'd be down for an evening out."
    | BP 2

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable considered the question. "As long as it's a formal look it should be fine. The Prince's request was to dress to impress. The theme is black and white. So just make sure it's formal and black or white or a combo."

She gives a lilting laugh, "Oh I will watch almost anything. I love Forged in Fire, home design competition shows, makeup competitions, the kick the people off the island or out of the house shows, and even the find love shows. Pretty much just a TV addict. I also love the older movies that are sweet and funny or mysteries. I love studying how people react and interact. I still don't understand it but I love watching."

"Music wise, I will listen to anything once. And I tend to like things from all genres. But at the same time, I don't like everything from any single genre. I'll check with a friend of mine... she goes clubbing all the time. She's not one of us but she is nice and fun to hang with. Maybe a girls night out will be great to introduce you to the night life."

Closed Thread