Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

(Blush and Drink)Vitae 2 Spent
    PRE

"Sacyard community taphouse" was busy for the night. Lots of people coming and going, the food truck was making a killing tonight as well.

On the outside patio Horatio sips on a Guinness with Daemon by his side. He is enjoying people watching as he tries to type out a letter on a tablet with keyboard. Every now and then a person wants to pet Daemon and Horatio smiles and tells them to go ahead. Daemon is content to people watch and get random pets from people.
    Horatio takes him to the dog bathroom area once in a while before getting a new Guinness.

When he sits again, he hears the band beginning to do sound checks before they play. The band looks small, probably local.
    They start with some acoustic guitar covers before moving onto their music. The man's voice wasn't bad, nor was he bad on the eyes. Horatio ponders on getting his number but decides against it, not really in the mood for that persuasion tonight.
    Last edited by Horatio Quilz; Oct 17th, 2020 at 01:13 AM.  Reason for Edit: Edits

2. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(Blush and Drink)Vitae 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn had ordered a Dead Guy Ale. A dark and complex style beer, but not even close to Guinness level. She was scanning the indoor crowd before heading out to the patio area. Less confined. Quinn wore a casualoutfit this evening. Her hair worn loose and flowing, a black bead necklace adorned her neck with a small clear quartz crystal as the center piece. On her feet were black kitten style heels, pointed toe, plain black leather.

Quinn spotted Horatio and her beast roared inside of her, the fleeting mental picture of chasing him over the barrier and into the streets like a psycho made her smile turn predatory for a moment. Fantasies are for private time. Goddamn. The rational part of her mind rebuked the beast and forced it to heel. She approached Priscus Quilz slowly and deliberately. Giving him time to see her, and adjust to this new beast that came to him. When he noticed her she would incline her chin respectively towards her Chest for a long moment. It would look to most mortals like Quinn was shy, maybe even blushing. It wasn't anything like that of course. It was a lesser addressing her superior.

"Good evening, Cousin Quilz." She said gently, being casual but mentioning their tie of Clan at the bare minimum. You never knew who else may be listening. Quinn was used to public attention. There was no getting around it with that face. She was more careful in public than most. "Would you care for some company this evening?"

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio looks up from petting Daemon to see the new dragon approaching. He let's the wave of the beast hit him so he can redirect it into something else as he taps it down mostly. He takes a sip of his drink when she gets a little closer to hide and quell any subtle cues of his beast. His hand on Daemon centers him completely and with her all the way in his range he catches her words and smiles. "Good evening cousin. No, I do not mind at all." He catches the small nod and gets up to offer her a seat at his table. Horatio looks back to the singer, Another time maybe, he disregards the thought forming. He sits back down once she is seated before continuing.
    "And here I thought I had found a hidden gem!" He says in a jovial manner with a mirthful smile.

5. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn sat in the offered chair, near Horatio. Her dark ale in her hand, as she took casual sips, her gaze moving over the crowd casually. Her gaze never resting on anyone in particular, but she did take the time to take stock of her surroundings carefully. Finally she looked back to Horatio and chuckled at his words to her.

"Or maybe out of all the inquisitive cousins you have here now, I am the most inquisitive and eager to seek out everything I can find out about the city. Filling the longer and cooler nights with adventures all through the city." She countered and raised her eyebrows up rapidly twice, with a wide and less guarded smile than the one she gave in court.

She fell silent for several minutes, watching him, looking him over. Taking in his measure so to speak. This would have been considered rude in court, but they weren't in court anymore. Quinn felt 0 compunction to not drink him in completely. She gave even less fucks about turning the sight on him. Quinn had questions that she wanted more than just lip service too. Quinn wanted to know what Horatio was truly made of.

If it was a fist, she unclenched it, if it was an arrow she released it, if it was a breath, she exhaled it- that's what it felt like to reach for the aura. To reveal it to you. You have to open yourself to what is hidden around you. Take it in.

"Cousin, I feel like I came in to the middle of the movie and I am only seeing the plot from one sides perspective. I am glad we have a moment to ourselves to talk one on one. I have a question, Cousin. What is going on with all this drama in court surrounding you? The finer parts of politeness, if you have questions or concerns or are at all unsure of anything, you may run them by me and see if I have the answer, or if not we will figure it out together. I am not asking this question to further embarrass you, but only to understand the situation better so I can help you, and Maeve, if she needs it, have an easier time of it."

If you could tell me how many successes I have -Horatio's Composure from the right. Here is the roll.
    6 successes

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Composure is 3

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Okay, so that gives me 4 successes on the roll so I need to you to describe 4 of his dominant emotions as colors in the aura, you can include patterns etc. Here is the color resource page http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Auras and also on pg 120 VtR Core.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio beams a warm smile to her comment. "But of course, and it is a adventurous city." He looks around the patio for a few fake heartbeats, lingering on the band and focuses back onto Quinn. He takes a moment to really see her, notes her attractiveness and wonders on how many kine are frustrated now with her talking to him.
    He gives her his full attention as she asks about court. He centers himself before giving her an answer. "If I must be honest, I am far more used to the new courts, the board meetings, council chambers types. I have heard of these but I thought they were going the way of the phone booth." He considers his next words. "My etiquette and theirs doesn't seem to match up." He sighs before continuing. "I have had issues from the start, brought my companion here to court, next court a Priscus and me rubbed each other the wrong way. I was not keen on the ribbing and gave some subtle defiance back." Horatio takes a good gulp of his beer before looking back to Quinn.

Aura

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn took sips as he spoke, watching him watch her. Certain colors made her chuckle slightly as he came to the heart of it. "I like you Horatio. I can tell you are genuine in your intentions. You want to do the right things, and enjoy the fruits of your labor without the pettiness of court." She paused a moment, her gaze moving to the band, and she held back a smile. Doesn't have bad taste. I will give him that...

"So no matter how Hazelton taunts you, you cannot rise to the bait. Unfortunately we aren't allowed disciplines in court, and I cannot see deeper into her intentions in that moment. It is hard to tell if she truly means well or if she is trying to get rid of you." She paused a second to let that sink in.

"I cannot shed light on the previous court where you brought your pooch, but this one I can. You need to make more of a show of respect. Draw it out a bit." She waived a hand in a gesture that hadn't been used in at least four hundred years give or take in French courts. She bowed after the fancy hand work. "You make damn sure no one could possibly miss it. You cannot really overdo it, but you can severely under do it." She set her glass down on the table and leaned forward. "I don't care if you were interrogating a member of seven in the middle of court, you pause and you make sure its a bow worth remembering. If the niceties aren't observed we are little more than animals at each other's throats."

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio looks around the patio, noting the spacious distance between tables and the music playing is good cover for their conversation especially since they are not trying to speak over the crowd and music. He remembers the last time he was in a setting like this as a mortal, you could barley hear your drinking mate let alone a conversation at a table six feet or more away. Still, best to keep being too overt in our conversation.
    "Let's stick with business meeting or work and ballroom as the nomenclature, shall we."
    Horatio smiles at her demonstration. "Thank you for the visual. Ballroom dancing is always so intricate. Not sure on our co-workers intentions though, you may be right."

We can move this to another area if you want.

1 success

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded. "My bad. You are correct. Business is business and ballroom is ballroom." She winked slightly, and took another sip of her drink, her keen hazel eyes taking in the surroundings again, checking to see specifically if anyone had overheard them or appeared rather interested. She acknowledged they were on a patio in public, and there was risk. Great. Get so goddamn in my feelings about etiquette and what goes down in Elysium I forget about public speaking and basic paranoia. For fucks sake.

"We should move on. There is business that needs to be discussed. None of which should be done publicly. We should move to the board room, as nice as this setting is. It's exposed. Don't want our corporate secrets getting out." She said with a self deprecating laugh, that proved she didn't find anything humorous about it. Kill me now.

Works for me! How about a conference room in Elysium?

5 successes
    Last edited by Quinn Durant; Oct 22nd, 2020 at 04:02 PM.  Reason for Edit: Color coded speaking text

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread