Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hedge Patrol I

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Hedge Patrol II
Jan 20, 2021 - Aug 28, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

(Open Hedge Gate)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Ram's about to respond to Gerrit's question, when everything seems to come together at once. He saw the gateway they'd come from, felt the Fairest stir in his arms, heard her colorful voice. He could almost taste the relief on tongue.

"Oh thank god!"
    he exclaimed with a relieved smile "We're getting out of here," he said in answer to Cassandra. As a command to the thorny doorway to the mortal world. His glamour laden words burst through the barrier between worlds with the power of hope and he shouldered his through, holding it open for Gerrit. For now he held onto Cassandra as well. It almost felt like if he let her go she might vanish in a flash of light.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

2. Likes , Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

The sight of the Gate gave Gerrit a second wind, a surge of energy for his tired muscles and exhausted mind. They did it. They couldn't find out a lot about the surroundings, they didn't find anything worthwile or valuable and they had a nasty run-in with something, but they did it. Gerrit exhaled the breath he didn't know he held in since hoping they had found the actual way home - it wasn't a mere hope anymore, it was reality and in the back of his mind he noticed that it were partly his efforts that brought them this far.

The good news didn't stop coming - Cassandra actually woke up! He quickly made his way to her side, looking at her to check if there was anything else wrong with her. "Hey Cassandra, you're awake? How are you, are you hurt?" Following the other Ogre he left the Hedge behind him almost without fully noticing it. "Do we need to look for someone to take a look at you?" He shot Ram a worried look before focusing on the Fairest again. The offer to ease the Render's burden momentarily forgotten.

They did it.

4. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra feels awkward as she is rather helpless in Ram's arms. Once they are out of the Hedge, she asks to be let down. She's a bit wobbly at first. "I'm - I'm fine. Just," she groans a little, bringing a hand to her head and fixing her hair a little. She felt like a wreck to be honest. "Just a little wobbly and a little mentally exhausted," and yet she likely would force herself to stay awake for a bit after that long set of nightmares.

She looks around then, "We got out," she seems more relieved as well as having a hard time believing it. "I'm sorry. Those bugs got me good. I think their venom tried to keep me asleep." Sleeping beauty indeed then. "I feel fine, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure something else isn't wrong." You'll always need my help. That voice rings in the back of her mind again and she shivers. She didn't want to talk about the nightmares. She couldn't.

6. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

The Summer twists his wrathful glamour towards the sealed Gate, it opens with a groan. Dust raining down from the seams of the archway stones, as the interior of the appears beyond it.

They see the hard packed dirt floor, and the stairs, the hanging lights flicker on, their electric tethers, reaching up and up and up, to the surface of Funderland.

The Lost take a small step under the arch, leave the Hedge and their patrol behind them.

If there's anything else you guys want to do before we wrap up now's the time

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram sets Cassandra with relief. "You might want to have your dreams checked poison," he advised. Still, he was smiling despite himself that she had woken up and they were out. He glances back at the door, as if to make sure the portal hadn't remained open. Or maybe to check if Ethan would be coming out.

"Well, didn't make it to the park, but we at least have something to report on and let the Kings and Queens know about." He stretched as if trying to pull the stress out of his muscles. He gave his companions one last smile. "Good work all around."

Good to wrap. Thanks for the plot Saber
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

9. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit gave Cassandra another worried look, then moved his gaze to Ram. "Dream poison? So she should check in with Rhodes or John?"
    The exhaustion finally caught up to him and he slid down a nearby wall to sit. Closing his eyes he leaned his head back and took some deep breaths. "Yup, good work. We did it." He wasn't as satisfied with the result as the Render was though.

With them out in one piece (Ethan, there was an Ethan with you) and Cassandra at least awake all he could think of was his bed now.

Thanks for the scene - we will meet again!

11. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra makes a bit of a worried face. The idea of someone going into her dreams and checking for Keepers absolutely terrifies her. What if they see what she's done? What if it turns into blackmail material? What if?

She stops that train of thought. It'll be fine if John does it. John won't judge me. "I'll talk to John about it..." She says in a quiet voice.

"Okay, I'm ready to head home. I need to just... decompress."
    Scream, drink wine, take a cleansing shower, be angsty... Yeah, sounds about right. "I'll see you guys soon. Gerrit, I'll text you when I'm home."

Yeah, great scene all! Had a blast, SS! Looking forward to Revenge of the Hedge!

13. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

And so, the Patrol comes to an end, a little worn, a little wiser. No matter how small, a threat had been dealt with. They were all safe, all made it home.

(expect for ethan. poor, poor, ethan. the woodwalker set to guide them never considered that the hedge still needed tending, wanting as only the hedge can want and. so. it. took.)

End Scene.

15. Likes Aeolus, Scourge, Shenanigans liked this post
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Closed Thread