Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Hedge Patrol I

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Hedge Patrol II
Jan 20, 2021 - Aug 28, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

0 Scenes

The Lost continue to speak, formulating a plan. While the Gate remains closed before them.

Someone will need to pay 1 Glamour to open the Gate and get the Patrol moving. Remember to use the Power Icons.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

(Opening the Gate)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit shrugged at Cassandra. "I'm about as well as anyone sticking his head into the oven, but I think it's necessary. And I think we'll be just fine."

He listened to Ram's and Ethan's discussion and was glad that the latter agreed on Ram's suggestion. "It's not like you can't see or guide us from behind Ram. It's just less likely that something will get you." Well, at least not from the front.

"But yeah, your plan sounds good. I want to get a feel for the surroundings, maybe see if there's something useful or a good spot for a Hollow around. But having those two - or three - goals for now seems like a good start. But let's keep in mind what the Wizened said: the faster we're out again, the better."

Gerrit stepped towards the Gate and raised his hand to knock. The opposite was kind of related to that: the sooner they got in, the sooner they'd be out again. "So, are you ready?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra let's out a half-chuckle at Gerrit's response, "Oh definitely. We'll be fine." Hopefully. She knew her voice in that moment wasn't the most reassuring.

"We should also keep in mind locating troves of Goblin Fruits. Hella useful for trade in the goblin market when we need to. Also, just yummy glamour and other effects. Keep an eye out for any Icons as well. Either way though, I think we've got a decent idea of a plan. We just need to make sure we are flexible. Tides change quickly in the Hedge." She nods to Gerrit, ready to enter. "Ready whenever y'all are."

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

(Didn't see Gerrit already spent glamour)Glamour 0 Spent
    PRE

Ram nodded to Ethan, glad that the man wasn’t making a big deal of it. “Checking all three is pretty ambitious,” Ram commented. Hedge travel took always took about the same time, no matter distance. Great over the long haul, not always over the short. “We’ll reassess at each stop,” Ram decided “See if we can or should keep going. In the meantime, might want to keep an eye out for water sources too,” he said to the survival expert. If the trek took has long as Ram thought it might, his three compatriots would need to share his supplies if they didn’t come across an uncursed pool of water.

“Alright, sounds like we’re ready,” Ram said, glad to have things decided “Stay frosty people.” The stark freezing breeze swirled around him as fall leaves spun at his feet. “We’re coming in,” he told the door, his voice carrying the sounds of raging battle. He gave a friendly wink at Gerrit as the Render preempted the man’s knock; distant cannon fire echoing each time the door was struck.

Ram shouldered opened the door to the Thorns and took point.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

0 Scenes

With a swirl of Sorrow laden Glamour, the arching Gate at the end of this tunnel ices over, freezing the air solid before it shatters a moment latter, the shards drift into the Hedge like snowflakes, disappearing before they settle on the well trodden ground.

The Lost move through the Gate, their arrangement decided, Ogres at the head and rear both, delicate Fairest and spindly Wizened between them.

They see what they expect of the Season, the Thorns are larger, brittle chilled and Autumn browned. This part of the Hedge is still well carved, the path leads away, deeper into the Hedge, and noticeably cuts eats and west.

Ethan Walsh
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (See MiniSheet)
    Presence
    (Wall Flower)
    Dexterity
    (Cautious movements)
    Ethan Walsh

Mask- Ethan Walsh appears to be a fairly average man in his mid-thirties. He is a bit skinny and gawky, but nothing too out of the ordinary. If you put him in a crowd he would probably disappear if not for his orange hair, a sign of his Irish ancestry.
    Mein- When one sees beneath the Mask he appears to be an impossibly thin man with skin the texture of pear wood, arms like branches, and knees which bend the wrong way.
    Mantle- The smell of rotting leaf litter surrounds Ethan and the occasional fallen leaf is seen.

PRE

As he steps through the Gate Ethan stands a bit taller, seems a bit surer in his body language. Dangerous, Ethan. You should be more afraid when you enter the Hedge, not less. Just because it makes more sense than Earth does now doesn’t mean you should like it so much. But I guess that’s why I’m Autumn. I’ll keep it close even if it cuts me, because that which cuts me can cut the Gentry too. Before they go too far Ethan reminds everyone “Remember to keep an eye on the mortal world so we don’t get lost in the Hedge. If all of us lose sight it is going to be a lot harder to find our way out.” Ethan thinks to himself for a second, deciding where to go before he says ”I suppose we should head towards Capital Park first, like we said. That would be… This direction, right Cassandra?” Hate asking for help but it is better to be safe and look the fool than dead and clever.

Ethan knows that it is unlikely he will find anything in an area so close to the Freehold (positive or negative) but he nevertheless tries to keep an eye out while making sure he can see the mortal world at the same time.

[willpower]7|7[/willpower]

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Here we go. Trying to keep his positive thoughts present Gerrit waited for everyone to go through before entering himself.

He looked around, taking in the new suroundings and couldn't stifle a small shudder. Without decoration, food or signposts leading to a Freehold-mingle he liked it a lot less - which is why he had no problem with the Wizened taking the charge for now.
    "Got it. I'll keep my eyes on the way home - you can make sure that we get where we want to get. If there's anything else worth mentioning I'll make sure to tell you. " Navigating the Thorns had got to be difficult enough without dividing the attention verweben two tasks, the Ogre figured.

"I suggest you're calling the shots until the situation calls for either fight or flight, in which case Ram takes over. Is everyone okay with that?" He didn't want to steamroll them, but Ram was probably the most experienced when it came to actual combat and Gerrit knew that a well defined chain of command helped people to keep their heads when it came to it.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

(Pathfinder (Catch met))Glamour 0 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Careful of the thorns. They're particularly large this season," Cassandra says quietly as they walk along.

When Ethan asks for opinion in direction, she pauses, taking another moment to really look at the Hedge, "Give me a moment. Let me see if I can divine anything..." A swift, frozen breeze mingles about them as Cassandra reaches to take a thorn off of one of the bushes of the Hedge. She pricks her finger, allowing the little bead of blood to well up and fall upon the ground. It had been a while since she'd used Pathfinder, but hopefully it would help keep them on track.

2 successes

Which path ahead of us takes us to Capital Park?
    Are there any immediate dangers in the area?

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

The shift in Ram’s stance was subtle. He leaned forward a little more. Kept his footing better as he shortened and quickened his stride. If you listened closely, you can hear the sound of distant marching echo through the Hedge in time with his steps. His breathing slowed to an evenness fit for a long trek.

He chuckled idly at Gerrit’s comment as the Render kept his eyes forward, trusting Ethan to give directions as needed. “Fight or flight is probably all I’ll have time to shout. Flight being more likely.” Even if the group were full of warriors, they barely knew each other. With a good team it was often familiarity that let them fight well together. Their patrol had none of that.

Ram occasionally made mark of the mortal world. However, his main concern was danger and ambush and his attention shifted often and most of the time only long enough to identify what something was by sight or hearing. And of course smell of blood and dust of destruction. So far the area seemed clear.

failure
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

0 Scenes

The Clause catches, and the blood on the Thorn gleams, seeming to glow for but a moment before being absorbed, devoured.

Cassandra learns,

The western path would lead to Capitol Park.
    There is no immediate danger in the area.

Ram sees the brown-orange of the Autumn worn Hedge around him. Silent and still.

Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread