Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Market Watch) Possible Permanence

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(Market Watch) Ruin's of Sal's
Jan 20, 2021 - Jun 22, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Hmm", she hums pensive.
    They shouldn't trust hobs, in general, and those guys in particular. However right now she got nothing to base her suspicion on, other than the fact they're hobs that's it.
    And that would be racist. So she nods along, supportive of James' proposal.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Everything is always a deal with Hobs. It's the nature of the Wyrd. These creatures were never going to give aid or advice for nothing. Sonnie held in a sigh, and let James continue to negotiate. It was probably for the best if she didn't try to 'help.'

In the meantime, her tail pulled a bottled water out of her bag. Her free hand unscrewed the top, and she took a refreshing drink.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole huffed.

A silence grew, washing over Titania and Sonnie Wu . Only James Turner spoke. The burned dwarf waited for him to finish and gave the hobs a moment to reply.

"How long till Harvest Time?"

Anatole let an eyebrow arch.

"Well, we would like to know where it will be around Harvest Time. That way we can go and share in the trade, see. I suppose we'll have to deal in Glamour. I was going to keep this for trade at the Market, but I guess I'll have to barter it with you. Like reckless bravado? What about it when its tinged with life destroying Fear. I'll exchange a measure of that with you for the proper ways and means to reach the Market at Harvest time. Oh - and as this kind of fear is hard to come by, I'll want to know about any rites or rules we have to respect to be dealt with fairly while we are there."

0 Scenes

"But that ain't how any of this goes. I've been gerous so far. Truth on my tongue and free with my words. Now. To get more. Ya gotta give." The bulbous eyes swivel and roam, independent of the other, to look the Lost up and down.

A snort, snotty and loud, "HA! Woulda thought you'd know all about Harvest time, what wit' the shadow stink on ya." Only one of the bulbous eyes pin to Anatole, and how the Shadows Press Closer to the Smith. "A measure of Harvest's Fear, aye. And I'll tell you how to get to the Great Spider Bazaar for the Harvest Season. But I'll need something from all o' ya, tell of rites an' the rules of the Bazaar."

Perception to notice what the other hobs have done, remember your Clarity Modifiers
    Spokeshob 1 suxx Deals
    something

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

James wasn't a scout for no reason, the sneaking around part he was middling at at best, but the spotting was where he excelled. Anxiety tended to make ones senses sharp, and read negatively into a situation but at least you'd keep your skin. He had to keep them talking for now at least until they got their information. He slipped into salesman mode, countering their offer for now but knowing the other members of the group who were more well suited to the task would take his opening.

"But then we won't have as much to give at the Market, they'd be exceedingly saddened that we didn't have so much to say. What if I throw in the sweet despair of regret but on top of your information I also want to know which merchants offer the best deals!"

3 successes

Goes by the name: John

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Oh, my gentle Lord. What are the rules of the Bazaar then?", hobs were simple creatures, just stroke their ego long enough, and they'll melt at your feet. She glances at Anatole, winking.

1 success
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"A measure of Harvest's fear? How does that work?" The confused Monkey asked no one in particular, looking back and forth between Anatole and the Hobgoblins. Sometimes the more metaphysical aspects of Glamour and the Hedge went a little over her head. "Do we... like... say something scary?"

2 successes
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole took the rebuff calmly. He shrugged at the hob.

"Just making sure we have our Times straight. A measure of my Fear for knowledge of where to seek the Spider Market at this Harvest Time is something I'm happy to do."

He could only bark a laugh at Sonnie Wu response.

"Oh no. I think we have to give of ourselves willingly to get the information we want. I don't think simple little ghost stories will cut it. Its not... personal... enough."

1 success

12. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

"That's your own fault, Barren-ice, go lookin' for a Market with nothing else to Barter with?" Spokeshob snorts, "HA! Your Renewers, don't have a lot of smarts aye?" the left eye swivels to look to Sonnie while the right, is pinned on Titania. A moment later, the eyes turn towards James, and Anatole, "I'll take your Barren's Sorrow, and your Harvest Fear, for where the Spider settles for Harvest." the Spokeshob lays down, greedy as can be.

Sonnie and James notice the both of the Hobs moving, but Anatole and Titania only see Wacker sliding out the back of the cart.

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

James noticed the others moving and he wanted to call it out, wanted to call the Hobs on what he thought was their bullshit. But that made an assumption of their intent and could escalate things to a degree they might not have otherwise. James just waved and smiled at the hobs that had moved from the back of the Cart, letting everyone know where they were and what they were up.

“Hey guys nice to see you!” He mulled over the Hobs proposal, still trying to keep them talking for now. Picking up on what Titania was doing, eyes flitting over to her and taking her idea and running with it. “Wow, you ser are very knowledgeable. Do you have a booth at the market, I’m sure you could make a fortune with everything you know. I’m not sure when the harvest is though, can you tell me when that’s supposed to be exactly?”

3 successes

This act hurt, it hurt his very being to pretend to kiss ass to this hob. He just wanted to tell them to pound sand and be on their way. His eyes looking to Anatole and Sonnie for a second expecting the worst from those hobs moving out of the back of the cart making sure he kept close eyes on them.

Goes by the name: John

16. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Closed Thread