Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2010) Dark Wood and Red Leather

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Continued from (2010) Eternal Court...

"I'm doing well," he answered when she inquired how his night was going. He left out the part where he felt like he was trapped and wanted to chew his arm to a bloody stump to escape. It didn't help that it was his own mind that kept him here and the part of him that was Kindred worked tirelessly to overcome it. At least when focusing attention on Alice things were easier in that regard. On the other hand, his mortal mind kept thinking he was talking to a doll or realistic robot. A Chinese room with a pretty face for a door but nothing within.

He smiled a bit and inclined his head towards the ghoul (Childe?), more specifically the folders she carried "Her Grace mentioned you were always prepared. It must be difficult keeping those binders up-to-date given how often things in the Domain shift." With a slight nod he indicated how even now there was a new Priscus and several new arrivals being acknowledged. "Do you find it rewarding?" he asked politely.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Continued from (2010) Eternal Court...

Rising from the facsimile of a bow, Alice nods her strings pulled nod as Smith gives her his assurances of his evening. "I am glad to hear so." though she couldn't tell is he was indeed well, or if it was a polite facade brought to bare within the walls of Elysia.

As they sit, she listens, absently to other conversations, keeping a ear perked was always a must amidst the Predators even if all but Ale made her want to rip into them and glut herself on their ashes and paint herself in their blood.

More presently she listens to the movement of her conversational companion, fabric rustling, leather squeaking, fidgeting. Signs of age. Habits born of a lifetime lived.

"Of course it is," as if she would want to say anything else. "Though the Domain is changeable, in recent nights it has slowed to a easy clip. Keeping my binders up to date as well as the other copies of the information pinned upon the noticeboard is relatively painless, especially considering passed years."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

While not following her example per say, the Gangrel’s attention also occasionally shifted. Veiled threats held a certain tone. A quietude that could be heard across the room. And while it seemed Jennifer didn’t plan to escalate, that didn’t mean the Prince wouldn’t take up the torch of hurt curtesy and burn Horatio to dust with it.

However, it would be just as dangerous for JC to ignore his own conversation.

“I’m not familiar with the domain’s history, ma'am” he admitted. He noted she said years and not decades. Could be normal turn of phrase or indication how long she’d been here. Though considering the described volatility of the Domain, that could still speak to a vast amount of experience and knowledge. “How has Sacramento changed since you’ve been here?” he asked. Through the eyeless powers of her bloodline, Alice could hear clearly the hints and differences of a Canadian accent, though one that was trying to be suppressed.

Of age and habits it was difficult to tell. He seemed an active listener, giving small sounds of acknowledgement and interest from time to time. Sounds of movement and adjustment were few, except in response to her own string tugged twitches. Like a delayed recording. And even those were small.

"I apologize if this is a little off topic, Seneschal, but I'm also unfamiliar with the title of Keeper of the Deep, as well. If I may ask is that a Circle position or a local appointment?" You'd think Kindred could standardize more over the course of centuries but then neither did Kine.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Something that might have been a smirk upon any other's face is a wide unnatural thing upon the Doll's, she wonders what Ale would do, along with all the rope the Shadow was giving himself, she wasn't alone in remembering Quilz's butchering of Antinori during one of the Shadow's Acknowledgements.

"The only way to gain a familiarity is to question," she returns, "Most who've come and gone from Sacramento haven't taken time to put their experiences to paper. Though, of course, doing so carries it's own risk." Which is why she has normal dates with a shredder and her ghoul the incinerator.

"Well, seeing faces appear one night and not another, hasn't been unusual. The population is always in a state of flux. Though, recently things have been steady. We haven't had to play musical chairs with the varied Priscui, or Covenant heads. Things are calm, which in and of itself is strange to me. Not finding someone dead or gone in months...." she shakes her head, strings pulled and jerkling. "Normally we have Hunters dogging our footsteps, or Belial's Brood slavering across the battlefield. During my first half year within Sacramento, they firebombed the Crone's Farm during the Summer Rite, so, the building there now, is new." she pauses to think, her wicked smirk a wide nigh dementing thing, "And of course, Her Grace, Prince Antinori is the second Prince I've served as Senechal within the Domain of Sacramento."

A hollow laugh, a desperately empty sound.

"It is neither, at least not how I assume you are meaning, you know of the Keeper of Elysium?" rhetorical, she carries on, "I am the Keeper of the Deep Kingdom, the Necropolis." she explains.

8. Likes pisces, liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC didn’t turn from the mocking smile, even blind that seemed rude, but he still listened. Bits and scraps useless on their own but given meaning through context. That and I was difficult not to at least note the occasional word that slithered into your ear with a forked tongue, or the Prince’s words which demanded obedience, or the vernacular of the new Mehket. Her bow, while graceful, almost made him wince. Alice could hear the slight shift in the chair as he tensed. He’d been there before, making the small mistakes. He was still there occasionally if he was honest. Generally not at court, though. He was mildly surprised, seeing her from the corner of his eye, she terrorized his mind but she seemed so young an inexperienced from his more rational mind. Smith remembered how lucky he’d been to be given a head start when the Blood Hunt was called for his mistakes. Would Alessandra be so kind if this kept up?

“Familiarity can be difficult to gain. Not everyone appreciates being known,” he countered lightly. In an unlife defined by fear and anger it could be deadly to try and learn about the past. And in eternal nights there was a lot of past to stumble across.

JC nodded when she spoke of musical chairs “Barring recent ascensions to the position,” he mentioned Horatio’s new appointment “And I’ve noticed there aren’t any clergy or Movement leaders,” Or any at all really. He thought he occasionally heard whispers in the Court but no one stepping forward from crowd. “Have I just missed them or are they victims of the crucible?” Or more likely the fact that the Crone and the Invictus were of such prominence in the domain.

His eyes widened at the mention of a firebombing. The Beastly part of his mind squirmed to even imagine the flames. “Is there a reason that changed?” he asked, she hears him lean forward slightly in his seat and his voice comes closer by a few inches. Hunters and the Brood didn’t leave off without off.

“Last year in July?” he asked when she brought up a previous Prince “When her Grace set down the Laws,” he gave as explanation. “What happened?” It was rare for a Prince to give up power and he imagined even less so for their Seneschal to retain title under a new one.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice listens, attention drifting more towards her companion and their conversation then those around them. A choice made not to snub the man.

"Something hard won of course, if it ever becomes more than just the shroud, though of course with such a shroud it will only invite more to peer into that unknown." comes her hollow, empty voice.

"Recent ascensions are nothing new, what's exciting is how those thrust into the spotlight will react." blandly said, every knows where everyone's attentions have been this evening, "There are not, though that is, and is not a normal state of affairs. People come and go, and with them, the bodies that would have filled those positions. The Movement itself has a history of...failure within the Domain, their, organizational skills are...lacking. Though, of course there has been some stand out individuals. You could ask more senior residents of Konrad Roth, though...." she pauses the think, "His leave taking of the Domain was upon the heels of a Blood Hunt...it wasn't his skills as a Carthian that put the Hound upon his heels, but his mishandling of Clan Gangrel." Smith should be smart enough not to poke Alessandra about this, and if not...well. She would know if the sore spot was healed over, or if the Savage's temper still sparked Claws first.

"The Lancea et Sanctum has had a storied presence within Sacramento, when I first came to the River City, my Clan Priscus was the Bishop, and I have know a number of the flock from within the Nosferatu, and without. The latest Bishop left shortly after my return. Which leads into this next point, I, sadly, wasn't within the Domain when Her Majesty took power, though I know there is a discrepancy between when our Prince took power and when the documentation was dated. I would direct you towards Her Grace Archon Twist for more information, as I know for a fact that she was within the Domain during this time."

Sorry this took so long to get out!

12. Likes Scourge liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Alice seemed a bit disengaged, though it was hard to tell when there were no eyes to maintain contact with. Just those empty sockets. And the way her head twitched and jerked. He wasn’t sure if she was adjusting her hearing or if it was simply an aspect of the Haunting curse that rattled and shuddered her flawless body.

Or she could have just been considering her reply because she did eventually reveal a good deal of information. A small smile briefly appeared unseen by his companion before disappearing again. Even if her statement was bland, there seemed a hint of sarcasm.

The fact that a Carthian had gotten in trouble seemed easy enough to understand. That they were Gangrel, that was interesting. Concerning? Alice can hear him shift slightly in his chair and place a hand on the creaking leather of the armrest.

It was also interesting to hear her talk so familiarly of the Lance, as a Crone. Though if the Bishop (and flock) tended to be Nosferatu perhaps is wasn’t too unsurprising. He heard the rumors of how they could place Clan above Covenant. How true that was… well he supposed to had to be a Haunt to truly know. Maybe they just kept their Clan fights as obfuscated as their Beast.

"That's quite a colorful history. I believe I'll take your advise, and speak with Her Grace," he had been given that advise several times now, he would be wise to take it. Additionally, with her bored tone, he wasn't sure Hart liked speaking with him. "By your leave of course, Seneschal," he conceded. Assumptions after all could be dangerous. He waited to be dismissed before leaving.

No problems, been busy with school projects myself. You stay busy healing.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She offers a polite smile, empty and forced. Listening as the Gangrel moves, a startling dichotomy for the motionless Doll, that is until she lifts her arm, and gives the poor welp the dismissal he sought with a jerking flick of her fingers.

Returning to the main thread.

Closed Thread