(Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was a nice, upscale eatery. Red brick walls, white tablecloths, staff in formal uniforms. The prices were higher than fast food, but not ridiculous. At a table in a quiet corner of the place, Naga sat and awaited her meeting.

The Mastigos was dressed to impress, and she idly watched the waitstaff and other customers. Mere observations to pass the time. She occasionally checked her phone, as well.
    Eulogy had been emailed the address, date and time. The time was nearly here.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

The door opened and in walked Eulogy. He had chosen to wear one of his most comfortable suits, a high quality label from a mid range designer. It's black jacket cut in a vintage style. Under the jacket he wore a fine white button down shirt and grey vest, necked with a purple tie styled in a classic windsor knot.

He stopped at the door to take a look around. The atmosphere was perfect and the smell of the place dazzled his senses. Eulogy stepped up to the host stand and said. "Hello, I have a reservation, Under the name Naga."

The host spent a moment dutifully reviewing a log sheet before replying "Ah, Yes your other party has arrived. Right this way please."

Eulogy followed politely behind the host and was led to a table in the back corner with a single occupant. He slipped into a broad smile as he approached and said "Ah, Ms Naga I presume, so lovely to make your acquaintance. I do hope I haven't kept you waiting long?" He offered his hand in greeting.
    Last edited by Eulogy; Oct 8th, 2020 at 10:23 PM.  Reason for Edit: Spelling.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Indian-American woman rose from her seat and smiled as Eulogy arrived, shaking the proffered hand with a casual firmness. She was someone used to shaking a lot of hands.

"Hello. Glad you could make it." She ignored the odd look from the waiter at the use of her Shadowname.

"Not at all. I've been here just a few minutes. Have a seat. Would you care to order lunch first? Drinks?" The Warlock resumed her seat, accepting one of the menus the waiter provided them both.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy takes a seat across from Naga. His stomach made an involuntary gurgle at the mention of lunch. I don't even remember the last time I ate. Was it dinner yesterday? No I think it was the bagel that breakfast. "Hmm, I could eat." he replied easily.

Standing politely beside the table the waiter asked, "Can I start you with a beverage while you look over the menu?"

Eulogy considered for a moment before answering. Even though I have no appointments this afternoon I best start slow. At least until I determine the potential dangers I may face in the city. "I think I will have a diet cola please." He looked at Naga with an easy smile. "This all looks good, what do you recommend?"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga resumed her seat, "Order whatever you'd like. It's on me." Silver Ladders were going to show off like that. Such generosity! "I haven't eaten here before, so I'm afraid I can't recommend anything. Always wanted to try it, though. It seemed like a good opportunity, don't you think?"

Her gaze shifted to the waiter, to whom she smiled, "A club soda, thank you."

Once he was gone, the Mastigos returned her attention to her lunch guest. "Well, then, what is it I can do for you, Mr. Eulogy?"

Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

"Oh well, Thank you." Eulogy replied politely. "I suppose now is a good time to get the formalities out of the way." He paused to make sure no one was in immediate earshot and lowered his voice just to add a modicum of safety. "I am Eulogy of the Lead Coin, Vox Draconis." He said formally. Eulogy changed to a more conversational tone and continued "Newly arrived in Sacramento from New York, I am here on a spot of mundane business that will keep me in the territory for a significant amount of time."

He paused as the waiter returned with their drinks. "Thank you, could we please have another moment I haven't quite decided." Eulogy said pleasantly and received a nod.

The Moros took a small sip from his cola to allow the waiter time to retreat to a safe distance before he continued.

"I was given your name as a leading representative of our order in the city. So to that end." He glanced around one more time before he returned to his formal tone. "I hereby invoke the precept of recognition under Lex Magica and request the right of hospitality."

He glanced down at the menu and added, "Oh, they have quesadilla, I think I will take that.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Warlock smiled and nodded as Eulogy made his quiet, formal introduction. Her eyes did scan the staff and other patrons, just to double check for eavesdroppers. She didn't make a formal response. After all, Eulogy already knew who she was, and the less Awakened lingo spoken here, the better. Who needs their nice lunch ruined by annoyed Guardians, anyway?

"Leading, and only. I'm holding down the fort, so to speak. We have a rather transient population here. Members come and go almost monthly. I'm determined to stick it out." She picked up her club soda and swirled the glass idly as she visually studied the Moros. "Your request is accepted. Welcome to Sacramento."

She finally took a sip of her drink. "I assume you have questions?" Her eyes fell to her menu.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Interesting Eulogy thought when he heard that his host was the only other Silver Ladder in the city. Well that leaves lots of opportunity for the both of us. He inclined his head in a bow of acknowledgement when informed that Naga accepted his claim to being awakened. That makes things a lot safer for me.

He folded his menu and placed it on the table before saying "Yes, I have quite a lot of questions. Most revolve around standard health and safety issues." His mouth twitched into a small smirk as he continued "Anything you believe important in that regard works for me." He leaned back in his seat and continued "My most immediate concern is not running afoul of.....like minded individuals by accident." He took another sip of his cola, "How many operators are in the city?" he asked.

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her bright gaze remained steady on Eulogy as she listened to him speak. It was like she was constantly studying him, if only in a passive manner. No magics were at work. She didn't need them for this sort of observation, anyway.

"I couldn't tell you. I'm unaware of any such trouble. Mostly, our biggest recent issues are an unstable infrastructure and a spider problem, though pest control took care of the latter. If you are that concerned, it would be best to inquire with the more watchful and militant members of our clubhouse." Her drink, though only a club soda, continued to be idly swirled as she spoke.

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy sat easily across from Naga. He held himself pleasantly and showed no discomfort at her passive scrutiny . "Fair enough." He considered his next question and chose to continue with the metaphor Naga began. "How many members does the club house have? You mentioned that membership is somewhat transient."

He paused and blinked as if a thought just occurred to him. "Sorry, would you have any questions for me?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread