(Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

She smiled pleasantly, as one does at lunch meetings. Naga was nothing if not an experienced professional. "More than a dozen, usually." It was a simple statement of fact and she said it as such. "That's about as accurate as I can get, really."

She occasionally glanced about the bistro, usually checking new faces that walked in the door. "Hm, well, I would ask what business it is that has brought you to our little town."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

A dozen, interesting. He plastered a genuine smile on his face as he replied to Naga's question. "The answer to that is rather mundane I'm afraid. I am a mortician by trade, I have spent years working in the industry and have become disenfranchised by the for profit model that permeates society. I am here scouting the city as a possible location for a new, death positive model of funeral home." His answer was honest and straightforward.

The waiter returned to the table, notepad in hand. "Have you decided?" he said pleasantly.

"Ah yes. I will take the quesadilla please. Eulogy said with a smile. "If you are ready of course."
    • Member of the Caretakers.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Warlock ordered the caesar salad as she handed the waiter her menu with a charming smile.

Looking back to Eulogy, she raised one manicured eyebrow in curiosity. "Death positive?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy's smile widened at Naga's question. "Oh yes!" a hint of genuine enthusiasm sparkled in his eyes. "One could say, I am something of an activist for the movement." He leaned forward obviously lost in his explanation. "Modern society has turned death taboo. The subconscious fear of death keeps people from facing their inevitable demise causing a myriad of negative emotions with potential lasting impact on one's psyche."

He stopped to take another sip of cola to wet his throat and continued. "My goal is fairly simple. I want society to say 'it's ok to be curious and discuss death', I want to improve western culture by educating the masses in traditional death rites, I want to see more NATURAL and environmentally friendly funeral practices and break the hold of the capitalist industry that has become the norm. In doing these things I aim to remined humanity of the ancient ties that connect all things and lead them down the pathway to enlightenment." Eulogy leaned back and smiled.

6. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga listened quietly, trying to be a pleasant audience, as it was obvious Eulogy found this topic to be both important and personal. She just nodded along, not commenting until he had ended his speech.

"Well,"
    she started, "environmentally friendly is certainly a good goal. I recall reading something about how much space graveyards take up." She took a sip of her drink. "Funerary practices are indeed ancient traditions. Those are not easy to overcome."

Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy frowned as he weighed Naga's comment. He lowered his voice to keep it at the table and said "There is magic in those oft'forgotten rites, would that humanity but wake up and seize it."

He raised his voice back to conversational and asked "What about yourself? Are you from Sacramento? He paused and nodded toward Naga before adding "If I were to guess by your poise and manner I would say you are an elite in the world of business. Maybe a C.E.O. or C.O.O of a fortune five-hundred?"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

She smiled serenely, "No, on both accounts."

It would seem, judging from the silence that followed, that the Warlock wasn't going to simply spill her personal details to the newcomer. It was a fun twist, she found, being the representative a new arrival came to, when just this past spring she had been in Eulogy's position. Tables turn, and so forth.

At least the waiter brought their food, to break the pause in the conversation.

Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy sat politely as the server placed the meticulously crafted food orders in front of both of the patrons. As the server set about his task, Eulogy watched Naga. He glanced over toward the server when the fellow was done and said "Thank you very much. This looks great."

The Moros mage brought his gaze back to Naga and waited. The silence hung in the air after her last statement. Eulogy waited so long for further clarification that the silence became awkward. Eulogy tore his eyes away from the stunning woman and looked down at his plate. The Quesadilla was prepared with expert efficiency, Not too much grease from the cheese, the correct amount of crispiness in the tortilla shell, the cooks must be well trained.

He lifted a single triangle cut of pure crunchy goodness to his mouth and took a bite. The green and red peppers merged with the moist, perfectly seasoned chicken causing a taste sensation to explode in Eulogy's mouth. He chewed slowly, eyes closed, savoring the flavour before he put the remainder back on his plate.

After a long moment he spoke again. "I see. Tough nut to crack. I get it. He picked up a nearby serviette and padded his mouth before he continued "Ok then. Strictly business. He placed the used serviette on his dish and asked "Where does our club meet in the city? I assume that there is some sort of formal gathering and I would like to attend. I appreciate that you acknowledge me but I want that recognition to be community wide. Also... He paused for a brief second, his gaze looking squarely at Naga, a glint of disapproval in his eye. "I am interested in what other locations in the city I can go to and expect to meet members of our community...If it isn't too much trouble."

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Mastigoi's smile was amused as the silence hung between them. Maybe she was testing the Moros. Maybe she was just playing a little game. Either way, it ended as Eulogy moved on to less personal questions.

"We have a place. I'll give you the details, address and all that," she said as she examined her salad, and found it satisfactory. "We meet formally every two months. In between, we have social gatherings. This has been a social month. You'll soon want to bring out your nicest suit." She tilted her head in thought for a moment. "My tacit approval will be enough. The community is pretty relaxed about it all. No further hoops to jump through, really."

Naga sampled her salad, nodding slightly before adding some pepper. "I'm afraid the, ah, main clubhouse is it. I assure you, though, that it is quite large and can accommodate all of the membership comfortably."

Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy listened intently as Naga answered his questions. "I see. Well lot's of opportunity for growth then." He reached into his inside jacket pocket and retrieved a silver pen. Eulogy grabbed a fresh serviette and after scribbling circles to prime the ink he wrote something down. "This is my cell number. If you would be so kind as to forward me the details I would appreciate it." He placed the serviette on the table within easy reach of Naga.

He turned his silver pen to close and placed it back in his pocket. With an easy smile he said "Well I am sure you have things to do so I won't keep you." He stood and pulled a black leather wallet from his back pocket. "Thank you very much for the wonderful lunch, this place is truly exceptional. I will have to remember it." He pulled two crisp twenty dollar bills from his wallet and placed them on the table. "Since you offered to cover the bill it is only fair I leave the tip."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread