Watch

Birds of a Feather

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze cocks his head like a bird or puppy, trying to understand when Briar Rose says he said something 'stupid but smart'. He nods, guessing it's like when Alastor, his old Master in the Arrows used to say, 'You do you.'.

He laughs when she asks him if he thinks his 'eager puppy' thing is an act or not. "I think that's all me!" Kaze says. "But, that doesn't mean I can't learn to like, channel it, like express it in different ways." He remarks. "I think anything I act though, is coming from inside me anyway. None of it is really 'fake' exactly. Just different parts of who I am that I can kind of exaggerate on or tone down."

Kaze looks really interested when Briar Rose talks about her art, her painting and what it means to her.

"Interesting." he says. "So...it kind of is, about a connection to people. Sort of, right?" He asks. "I mean, it's not just a big, eff you, I don't care what anybody thinks...?" He raises his hands like in surrender, "I mean, sorry. I am just wondering about it, because I'm figuring out how I feel about acting. I know it feels good. I guess it feels like all I care about is that it's...like, 'authentic', you know? Like it comes from a real place?" Kaze pauses,
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

A blink, obviously done in the face of the blatant enthusiasm. Well, that was good to know.

"Well, that's good to know." she echoes her thoughts "Learning to channel it'll be good. Prove. Useful. Probably." she shakes her hair out, "Uh. It's like a gem, and the facets. Each facet is a different part of the same gem, ya?" that was a weird analogy coming from her, but fuck, it worked.

"Sort of. Ish. It's not like. Connecting to people. It's making them see. Like. Fuck. Trying to pull back an eyelid. So there's nothing there between them and Truth." something like a grunt as she shoves her hands into her pockets, "Sure. I get that. Maybe. Like, it's your thing. I'm not going to tell you that you can't do your thing, just that you do it for the right reasons. And. 'Authentic'. Sounds. Like the uh. Right reasons." She offers, looking vaguely awkward.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and nods eagerly as Briar Rose seems to understand and accept where he's coming from, about figuring out his own personality and how to express different facets of it in useful ways.

He listens with some obvious excitement as she talks about her art, and what she hopes for when she does it.

"Yeah. I get that. I mean, it's 'you', right? Like, 'wake up and smell the coffee'!" Kaze says thoughtfully. Her kind or artistic expression can't be done in seclusion and hidden away until it's ready or 'good enough'. It's right out there in your face from the moment she finishes, actually even in progress!

Kaze looks a little sheepish when Briar Rose offers encouragement. "Yeah I...I want to stick with it. I mean, I'm excited because I've been trying a lot of different things, and this...feels good." He explains. "I think part of the reason it feels good is because I haven't done anything like it before. It feels fresh. But that means I don't know what I'm doing yet. I am going to have to really stick with it to get any good at it and not suck."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

"Exactly." she says, "Sometimes I feel like it's more than just wake up and smell it, it's me, throwing a fresh pot at someone's face." it wasn't like she was hiding it. People watched, and looked and even when someone was sent to paint over it....people saw but didn't See. "People are fuckin' stupid."

She looks at him, brow arched.

"You can suck and still want to do it. As long as it's something you want to do for you. Fuck anyone else."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze shakes his head in wonder. "That's...so amazing to me. So honest. I mean...your art is out there, you put it out there in front of everyone." He says. "Did you...did you ever practice to get good before showing everyone? I would. I am, I mean." He asks thoughtfully. "I guess it's like an in the moment thing? I mean, it isn't like on a canvas that you can hang up on a wall somewhere safe to preserve it. I guess the place you put it...is part of it?" Kaze sounds curious and interested even fascinated by the artistic process. "Or, I guess you could take pictures. Is there any...I mean, would it be okay if I saw some of your art?"

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

She doesn't speak immediately. Remembering a girl from years ago. Art clubs and wishes.

"Me. This me. The Briar Rose me. There is no hiding. Sure I can preplan a little. Like, composition so I don't shoot myself in the foot. But. I...just. Go for it. It's me, the wall. My cans. I just." she shrugs. Give her the aforementioned, she was golden, but words. Fuck they were harder.

"Yeah. Sure. you can come 'round and see what I can put up. I'll do something soonish. Want it done before the weather gets bad. I mean. It's Sacramento, so I wont be like. bad. But you know what I mean."

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze waits patiently as Briar Rose finds words.

"Wow." He says. "That's intense."

He grins, "I would love to come and see it, the whole deal. And help or not, I mean, whatever is good." Kaze says.

"I maybe, when I get a part in something, I can invite you too." He says it like he doesn't want to pressure her, or make it a quid quo pro, but also like actually performing in front of people is still a hypothetical for him, in a hazy, undefined future.

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

"Sure. OKay. Whatever." she shrugs, scowling. Thinking. But the sentiment flows (in it's stilted way) across all that Kaze had said.

"Whenever that is." she says after a beat, grabbing her water.

More silence, "Was.....there. Anything else you wanted to. Y'know." she says. Asks. In her own way.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Cool." Kaze nods in a relaxed, chill kind of way.

Then when Briar Rose asks if there's more, he says, "Oh yeah! Um...I was wondering, I mean, just asking for your opinion on something...have you noticed, like...'changes' from keeping a Life spell going, like...more or less all the time?" Kaze says in a tentative, embarrassed way.

"I mean, I started keeping Body Mastery going all month, last month. Now though, even when it's not on...I feel different. I guess, just more...healthy, you know?" Kaze shakes his head, "I don't think I would have thought about it, but I got into a conversation once with Skye and Phoenyx, well mostly Phoenyx, and she was saying it's a bad idea to keep an enhancing spell up all the time, cause side effects or something, and I asked her if she keeps Organic Resilience up all the time, which of course she does, and that kind of ended the discussion, but I guess the idea stuck with me. About...side effects?"

Full disclosure, I'm using this as a reason/rationale to buy up Kaze's Stamina merits and characteristic.

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Thank you for the awesome scene! And sorry for grasping at it and prolonging in my last post instead of winding down. I lost track of the remaining days, so I figure the best thing to do is kind just fade to black in mid conversation.

17. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread