Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny has invited Emily and Chris to his apartment. It's a small one bedroom in downtown, and it doesn't look well lived in. There are still several moving boxes pushed up against the wall.
    The kitchen though, looks well taken care of. There is a full spice rack, a normal for werewolves number of knives, a concerning for humans amount of wine bottles, and a small bookshelf full of cookbooks, across a wide variety of cuisine.
    The oven is on, and there is a strong smell of cumin and meat coming from it.
    He has dining table set up for them, with three legal pads and a scattering of pens.
    Tiny's pad is already full of notes.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shitshitshitshit....

Emily dashed up the stairs and knocks on the door.

How could I forget? Stupid, stupid stupid....

Her hair's a mess and her clothes look thrown on, as easily noted among the keener eyes that her t-shirt was on inside out. The mechanic smells of oil and sweat, not having sjowered from the long day, made longer by difficult customers not leaving when she was trying desperately to close.

Tired eyes glanced at the door, and she chewed a hastily painted lip. A dark purple tht contrasted woith her pale skin, but complemented the leather jacket.

Sorry, completely missed this somehow.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

The blue hair is a dead give away and Chris jogs the rest of the way down the street. Finding the right address is overrated when Emily already has it. That being said Chris is jogging in a suit, a full suit. It looks about as ridiculous as someone might imagine.

A half frown forms as the Talon thuds to a stop and nods breathlessly in agreement with how Emily looks.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny looks through the peephole, and recognizing pack, opens the door.
    "Welcome. Not a typical residence, I know, but that's part of its charm."
    Too many wolves lived like savages. And savages didn't have good wine.
    He ushers the two in, they find the table as set up.
    "Wine? Whisky? Beer?" He asks, pouring a dark red wine from a glass decanter, the scent of grapes and black cherries wafts, as he refills his glass. He obviously wasn't misuing the time he had alone.
    "Dinner is chili con carne." He announces, pulling out a dutch oven.
    "I've soundproofed as best as I can, and my neighbors think I write for a fantasy magazine, so we should be pretty good."
    The herd must not know, along with all of his other oaths, is something Tiny takes very seriously.

5. Likes Mark liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily's eyes widen as she looks around. It looked smaller than her apartment, perhaps on par, but Tiny had managed to make it look nicer. "Oh! Er... wine? Wine is good," she nods, though her stomach rumbles ferally.

She nods absently, catching sight of Chris over her shoulder. The feeling of beeing slightly underdrressed for the environment intensifies.

Ah well. Own it, girl.

"So! We have trees being disgruntled with objects. Nothing new, if I say so myself. What d'you reclon?"
    She asked Tiny. "You smoothed over anything likethis before?"

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

Civilized, that's the word and feeling. Makes sense though, this feels like what Tiny would be. "Whiskey please and nice place." Chris taps his pockets realizing that right, people bring gifts.

Then he frowns. "Looks like I owe you a house warming gift and you've thought through the cover." Something to do..sometime.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny pours with a heavy hand for Emily, and there is a wince on his nose as the scent of motor oil hits him, but he smiles anyway and hands her the glass. "Its a red blend from ohio, so expect lots of fruit and a lot of sweetness. A wine snob wouldn't touch it, but it pairs with the chili."
    Better later than never, and better smelling of oil than blood. Oil comes out easily enough.

Tiny nods to Chris. "I regret to say that for whiskey I only have one choice. I'm not a whiskey fan, but enough People are that i keep some around. Mostly I use it for business." He opens a cabinet to a fairly dusty bottle of Macallan 12, and pours a heavy pour, along with a glass with ice. "Tastes like an old man soaked in a sea brine." he hands the glasses over. "Dont' worry about it. Nice suit by the way. I'm honored."
    I'll have to hold classes on etiquette. We aren't savages, just overworked and underpaid and overstressed and underslept and overextended and undersupportred and overexposed and waaaay underfed.

He pours out bowls of hot chili for everyone, the bowls are simple in design, and the silverware matches. The chili is hot and meaty, but with just barely any spiciness. An unoppend bottle of tabasco sits on the table.

He drinks deeply from his glass, and finally gets to Emily's question.

"So, have I done something this fucked up? No. But that just means the Cahalunim and the Elunim both get involved if we make it through. Anyway, this is what I know, and then we can go from there.
    One, one of our pack released a jaggling or something similar that allied itself with the Elms.
    Two, the tree choir and object choirs started going at it soon after.
    Three, the object choir has their own jaggling or similar that is leading them.
    Four, the goddamn spiders are making things worse for everyone.
    Five, I've promised my own efforts to advance the Elm's reasonable claims as their advocate, up to and including setting up this meeting to present them in the best light to make sure that they are as supported as possible.
    Six, that now leaves the released jaggling without an ally, and prone to making...rash decisions."

He stops and takes a couple bites of food.

"Anyway, our goal is peace between the choirs. My personal goal now is to have the elms get as much of their demands met as possible. Now, currently the object choir and the free jagglings are the odd spirits out and have no advocates. But I don't know what the object choir wants? The elms seemed pretty reasonable, leave their territory alone and let them rot in peace. And I don't know anything at all about the released jaggling."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily nods along to Chris, then Tiny. "Yeah, me too. Didn't think, sorry. The wines ounds delicious."

Don't let him see you know nothing about wine other than what hole to put it in your body.

The Ithauer wastes no time in starting on her bowl, trying not to attack it like she would at home. While Tiny does his review, she makes the most of not having to talk and the bowl is half-gone by the time he's done. She licks some chilli from the corner of her mouuth. "'Bout the size of it. So. Like.... The Jaggling... at least, I think it was - is Renewal-of-Nature. One of our past Crescents got the big idea of finding a powerful spirit ally to help against the Pure. They were showing up back then more than they had been. Honestly, not a bad plan, but he went deep inot the Nature side than I imagined. Fuck, I even helped him rouse the damned thing." She sighs and takes a long drink form her glass. "First three sound about right from there. The Azlu have been a fucking bitch for years. Killing them.. well I won't lie, it became an obsession for a few years. Fuck, you heard the trees. What was it they called me? Hunter-of-Spiders? I actually kinda like that." Another shrug and spoon of chilli. "Renewal-of-Nature is strong. But very.... Nature. Capital N. It remembers the forests before there were buildings. Whch means it's also pretty out of touch with the world and the choirs as they are now. But it's new enough to seek turning the world back that way. planting projects going on around might even be strengthening it. Hard to say."

The mechanic scratches her wrist idly. "Objects are pretty straightforward. they want people to have stuff, things. Left alone, they proliferate in cites massively - I know, no shit, just thinking aloud at this point - So.... they probably want Renewal to stop throught its not-insubstantial weight aroung on top of it's gafflings. Would need to check though." She eats some more, lookign thoughtful.

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

"That's better than most of the stuff I drink trust me." The Talon nods and raises the glass in a cheers takes a sip as Tiny compliments the suit. Shit right, social... tact is a thing among the Forsaken as well. An awkward nod follows and Chris happily accepts a bowl of chili to move the conversation forward.

As the Elodoth and Crescent speak Chris diligently disappears most of the chili in his bowl. Several dashes of tabasco get thrown in at different points with at least one grimace along the way.

"So is it almost three sides or two? If the elms just want to die in peace and Renewal-of-Nature is ..confused? Then it sounds like they have different goals. Can the Objects understand that though or do they see it all as Tree choir business?" If this were people it'd be a bit easier to make or tails of it all.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"If you say so, then it must be." Tiny smiles at the Talon, "I never understood the People's obession with drinking bad moonshine."

3 successes to read Emily and Chris' discomfort

"I like these kinds of red. Sweet and fun. Its not like the california ones that are so complex and punchy that you need a degree to 'get' it". Tiny smiles knowingly at Emily.

Then emily gets down to business, and Tiny does the same. He scribbles along as Emily gives her report. He nods and then winces when she mentions the liberation of Renewal.
    There are more than few lines drawn between Renewal of Nature and several other parts of the page. He eats the chili left handed, that is poorly. Doesn't spill any, but he certainly doesn't use the time Emily gives him to finish.
    "There's more on the stove if you want." He offers, trying to buy himself some time as he looks through the notes.
    Four power centers, azlu, and we've committed to one side.

"Ok, so, there are Five sides to this problem. Maybe six. So, step one, we have the object choir. I'm going to treat them as the innocent bystander here. They were growing and succeeding and then a crescent stuck his nose where it didn't belong." The 'again' is left unsaid. "And now we have Renewal of nature that whips the trees into a frenzy to fight the good fight and put down the objects. But the elms have a rot problem, and that's sapping their strength. And on top of that, Azlu are always great at showing up right when everyone is weakest. So, we have, in order, The Objects, Renewal of Nature, The Elms, The Rot, and the Azlu. And us.
    Therefore, what is best for us is peace between the choirs and dead azlu. So we want to collect as many allies from these groups, make bystanders of the rest, and then smash azlu.
    So we already have the Elms, and we may be able to get them stronger by dealing with the rot, even if its only temporary. Renewal of Nature is pretty diametrically opposed to the Objects, and if he isn't dealt with, he may find more help from the Azlu than anyone else. After all, he's disconnected from the world, so why not work with the spiders to make everyone else? "

Tiny lets that sink in for a moment and drains his wine glass, before filling it and adding more to Emily.

"So we have a choice, ally with Renewal of Nature and become the Lorax, or go with the Elms and Objects and reject Renewal of Nature and its primitivism. Regardless, we need to pick soon, or Renewal is going to make a choice for us.
    Now, the other options that i don't like. While i've spoken for the Elms, that doesn't tie you two down. You could work with the objects and the rot to try to take down the elms and then Renewal of nature. Or you could work with the Rot and renewal of nature to take down the objects.
    I'm skipping the stupid ideas of course. Unless one of you wants to have a spider in your head driving you around, in which case I have a call to make.
    Though one important question, Emily, do you think you could seal Renewal back up?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread