Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2009) Near the Cauldron

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 22, 2020 : (2009) Autumn Equinox
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram headed towards great cauldron, though he stayed a few paces away. Near enough that it would be easy to go over and refill his bowl but far enough away that he (and any that followed him) were no longer amidst the hustle and bustle of the Changeling crowd. And therefore, less crowded. His main hope was to make Gerrit more comfortable with the invitation but Ram was glad to be out of the main ebb and flow as well. Let the Fairest hob nob.

The Ogre knew his place.

Continued from
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit followed Ram closely. His head was still spinning a bit and he was glad to have some more room to breathe.

"Thank you. I mean, I can take a beating but this" he gestured towards the mass of beauty, magic and color "is something else."

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

“No problem,” he said, understanding. Ram normally didn’t get triggered by crowds without additional factors but he could get the feeling of being overwhelmed by social interaction. Especially with this crowd.

“So, what’s your deal?” he asked pleasantly, slurping some of the soup from his bowl. He left it fairly broad. Winters weren’t always the most talkative bunch, especially when it came to themselves. He’d leave it to Gerrit to say want they wanted.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"My deal?" Gerrit wasn't actually surprised about how blunt the conversation was being held - it was a nice change of pace right now. "I returned about a year ago. Couldn't get my old life back, so I got myself a new one. Sacramento was a good a place as any, I guess." His voice sounded a bit raw, bitter. He thought it summed it up about right, even though he felt like doing his past a disservice by simplifying it that much. He shrugged. "I guess there's a time and a place for the long story, but I guess this is neither now." He looked around the busy clearing for emphasis. "What about you? What brought you here"

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram returned the shrug "Whatever you're comfortable with," he said "Long, short, sudden change in subject to an in depth review of this stew, whatever works for you." Most of the time the basics were enough for most Lost to understand the greater details without having to hear them.

"I'm here fetch hunting. Or at least... I hope so. I'm pretty sure this is where I'm from originally. At least there are some parts that seem familiar." Not much to go on but it was more than some had. "Right now though I'm working on getting things stable. I got a job at Funderland and going to set up a Hollow next. Have a meeting coming up with Circe, see what Summer can offer in help. And visa versa."

"Not expecting my life back," he said with a small smile "Unless its been doing professional wrestling, but I'd rather not leave it around." Make it pay... Them pay.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit actually grinned. I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover. The Ogre in front of him showed a great deal of empathy, which made Gerrit regret the impulsive offer to crash at his place a lot less. "Maybe that's something we can get into when it's cold enough for you to take up my offer?"

Fetch hunting? Well, that's something that brought back memories. "It would make sense if you returned here, I guess. If I may ask - what do you intent to do with your Fetch if you're not expecting to get your life back?" Although yes, wrestling could be something Ram could probably excel in. Gerrit looked at the brickhouse before him. He decided that he didn't want to be on his bad side, or at Summer's for that matter.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram turned briefly as he felt the pulse of the Wyrdstone change. The warmth of familiarity was still there but it had changed and he sighed. Summer’s sunny heat to Autumn’s harvest fire. It was hard not to feel a little bit of loss at his season giving up power but that was the way of things.

“Kill it,” the Rnder said with a light smile at the thought of breaking its bones and getting at least some revenge by proxy. “It’s one of Their things. Rather not have it wandering around with the potential to hurt other people.” He drank and chewed some more of his stew.

“You have any experience with fetches?” he asked. Any advice on tracking would be welcome.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

So this stone also changes with the seasons. How different this Freehold is. He wasn't yet ready to fully delve into the Court politics of this Freehold - not today - but he gripped the flower arrangement a bit harder and a shiver went down his spine. It's oddly comforting to feel the natural rhythm, the human rhythm of the changing seasons even here.

Killing it would make sense, Ram's logic added up there. Still... "You could say that. Back in my hometown the local Winter Court found him for me. Which would mean that I might as well pay it forward, apart from the fact that I also don't know how one would go on in finding one." His impulsive offers for help only went that far, though; given his inability to properly deal with his own Fetch, Gerrit very much doubted he was in any position to help others. Although if I only helped finding it, the actual dealing with would be in Ram's own hands. I should keep my ears open for someone suited for intel.
    "I... didn't kill it, though. Somehow I came to the conclusion that my family was better off with an Impostor than with a broken man." Had it not been for the last hour he probably wouldn't have spilled that so easily. Gerrit was beyond caring in that regard. For the first time since coming here he actually hurt, he actually thought about all that has happened.

The Ogre carefully set the little basket on the ground, staying on his knee maybe a bit longer than necessary while he fought for his composure. When he got back up he seemed calmer, almost stony. "But that was then, this is now. I'm going to get me some stew, you want anything else?"

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram laughed when Gerrit said he didn’t have a clue how to find a fetch “I’m in about the same spot,” he chuckled. Though Jameson not killing it made an eyebrow raise, and a sniff. But he didn’t say anything else. Wasn’t his business. Though in his head, better a broken man than to leave the wolf clothed in your shadow to take care of your family. Maybe it was a Winter thing.

He moved on easily enough at the offer to get something from the tables “Couldn’t go wrong with a glass of fireball and cider.” That seemed a pretty good ‘Autumny’ drink to go with.

Looking out across the Hedge clearing it seemed for a second that the Cellist might come over with a freezing air and dim sunshine, adding to the stark contrasts, but she ended up talking with the Dwarf and John. Ram wondered if he’d accidentally scared her away.

Not for long though because Circemade her appearance. Ram smirked a bit at her outfit but was glad she had been here basically the whole time. Catching her eye after she asked about newcomers, he nodded in Gerrit’s direction.

Reposting here. Accidentally posted in the main thread.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit nodded and went to the refreshment table, grabbing himself a bowl of stew and Ram's drink. He took his time, trying to compose himself. You've been through worse. Focus on the positive and get a grip.

Tough love, but for the moment that worked and he pushed the dark thoughts to the back. He returned to the other Ogre, noticing yet another arrival - again eye catching, though different than the others (and not just because of the outfit). Seeing that Ram apparently knew her (and the fact that you didn't have to be a genius to put her into the Crimson Court), Gerrit jumped on the chance to change the topic as he handed over the drink. "Is that the Circe you've mentioned, your fellow Summer?" For now, he left it at that and ate. The more he got others to talk the more time he had to work on not baring his soul to anyone who asked.

13. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread