Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Most of her day had been spent making connections to sell her projects. Some had been good, some hadn’t. But so goes business. And it makes her think maybe she should do what Briar Rose recommended and do some behind the scenes things for her website. Which wasn’t really what she wanted, she wanted to break away from that life.

It was getting late, and she didn’t feel like going home to an empty loft, so she stopped by a new café. Deciding on the seating outside, there were lights and areas with fire offering a little bit of heat. It wasn’t winter yet, but it was getting a bit chilly. The seating was rustic, obviously handmade, and she could appreciate it.

She was sitting in a corner table, one that allowed her to see the seating area and be seen. A glass of beer sitting on the table in front of her, a plate of loaded French fries beside it, and a book open in her hands. Her clothes were not exactly casual, a nice looking suit, light in color, but with no shirt underneath.

2. Likes Shane, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru was no Acanthus so had no ties to the Fate arcana but he'd been in that area of town for similar reasons. Despite the slacker stoner exterior he was never not busy, he always had to be doing something, to be moving forward in someway. Mentally, spiritually, physically, something had to be in motion, had to obey Newton's first law.

So he'd been walking by when he spied Aurora sitting outside reading. He showed up in formal wear himself, full suit for his business meeting, He'd walked by the hostess and staff and made his way straight to the table, standing behind a seat, one hand on the back as he stood there. "Hey there, got room for another? Don't want to interrupt your reading though, quite a tome you got there." A small crook of his lips showing off just the slight bit of those pearly whites. Benefits of being a shaman.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Looking up from the book, she was pleasantly surprised to see Guru, smiling,

“Of course! Please, join me.” Closing the book and setting it aside. “Ah, yeah. Don’t want to go back to school, so thought I’d try reading some keystone topics instead. It’s proven to be quite,” pausing, “a read.” Difficult at times, but she was pushing through it. “My, aren’t we all dressed up! Hope you didn’t get dressed up for little ol’ me.” She jokes with a laugh.

6. Likes Shane liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

As soon as he got the invitation he pulled the chair he was leaning on back, slipping off his jacket to rest it. Carefully sitting in the chair, straightening out his slacks then resting his back against it very aware of how his body moved in the outfit. He nodded as she explained the reading, smirking at her last comment before joking back. “And if I did?” He let it hang there, a pregnant pause in the air before laughing. “Nah, I was in town meeting with a few businesses that I’m investing in. Gotta make an impression.” Even if they’re dispensaries and farmers for the most part.

“Yea, I never finished school. Didn’t have the attention span and I picked up more by doing something than reading about it. I’ve learned most of what I know about chemistry hands on. Never much of one for Western Philosophy, too much focus on the Abrahamic religions poisoning that particular well. I’d avoid Thomas Aquinas if I were you, super preachy.”

“Finish work or finish a date?” A blonde eyebrow crooked as he looked over his shoulder for the wait staff wanting to get his order in. “I’ll have a Tom Collins, give me the good gin.” Looking over to Aurora. “Can I get you anything?”

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily slouches into the cafe, hands jammed into the pockets of ther leather jacket. She idly stubs out her cigarette into one of the ashtrays on the outside table and collapses into the chair.

"Yeah, can I get a..." a nagging feeling int he back of her mind makes her pause.

Bourbon? I feel like bourbon.
    We promised.
    I need it. Don't do this to me, man. Don't you dare....

"...Uh.... An.... o...range..... juice.... please?" The question is ground out with reluctance.

Bitch. We're drinking that rum when we get home.
    Oh, go chase an Azlu, drunky.

She gazes around idly, watching the people go by. The hot blonde obviously catches her eye, chatting with some rugged looking blonde dude in a suit. Urgh. Suits. It was still a little weird, looking around not hunting for a lay or a date, but Mable.... oh, god, Mable. Was this what being sated felt like? Happy? Contented?

The punk leans back and lights another cigarette, smiling to herself. She could ge tused to this.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

9. Likes Shane liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A light shrug as she picked up her beer, “Then I would be curious as to what the occasion was, because you clean up nice.” She tossed back. Nodding with understanding, “Ah. Isn’t that always the case? Have to dress up to impress clients, which I hate. Did the meetings go well?”

Taking a sip, “I don’t have traditional schooling. Home school as a kid on the road then college in Montréal. Do you find it easier to learn hands on? Because I’ve always learned best actually doing something as opposed to reading about it. Muscle memory.” But maybe that was just because of her profession.

An eyebrow arches, “Thomas Aquinas?” she asks, “Preachy?” then an eye roll, “Thanks for the heads up, I don’t like preachy. Beyond annoying in my opinion.” Shaking her head. “The guy at the book store recommend this one as a beginner. Though I’ve started to wonder if he lied to me. I’ve had to reread some parts, walk away, then reread them again. But,” another shrug, “I keep trying.” Suppose that was all she could do.

“Meeting with possible clients. Had to show them some of my work and what I was capable of doing. Then a client who wants to hire me for his daughters party.” Which was fine, she preferred private shows these days.

A shake of her head, “No thanks.” Her beer still pretty much full and fries currently untouched.

It was hard to miss the blue hair. Really made the playful girl stand out. Maybe that was what she was going for? But seemed content to keep to herself.

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yea, especially for first impressions. I appreciate the compliment though and have to say the same for you, dress really matches your complexion." That was the word right? "No. Exactly the same here. Likes Mrs. Frizzle used to say, dive in, take chances, get messy. Just wear your PPE please."

A nod of his head when she began speaking on philosophy again. "Yea, real black and white morality. Most using the Bible as their source, not a lot of out of the box thinking there. Greek Philosophy is really interesting at least. You can almost see the chain of thought from Socrates, To Plato, to Aristotle." A small shrug of his shoulders. "Philosophy and Faith is what I spent most of my recent life journeying for. Just scrambling to find meaning and enlightenment. Found one, I think, still looking for the other."

A pause as she spoke and his drink arrived, seeing the blue haired punk light up in the middle of the bar. He was always confused which establishments you could actually smoke in, so many didn't allow it anymore. Definitely held herself well, eyes lingering for a second longer than necessary as he took his drink and took the first sip.

"That'll be an interesting party, hopefully you pick up the clients. What else has been going on in your life, are you well, not too stressed out or anything?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily pulls our a purse and accidentally scatters coins everywhere. "Oh, fuck.... Sorry, let me... uh..."

She hands the note to the waiter and begins scrabbling around for the coins, several having rolled over to the suits table. "Oh, hey. Um. Sorry to interrupt, can I just, like get under your table there?" the werewolf asks awkwardly.

Her eyes drift to the plate of fries and her eyes light up a little.

Ooh, yum.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I just always found it funny, because depending on your profession, what you wear varies drastically. But thank you! Thought I’d try something a bit different.” A smirk offered. “If I’m sanding and painting, I am not wearing a suit. Well, I guess I could.” A shrug.

An elbow on the table, “See, to me, things can’t always be black and white. And thinking outside the box can save your ass.” Experience there. “Not to mention thinking outside the box is how I think technology and humanity grow.” Another shrug. “So would you recommend Greek Philosophy then?” asking, curious. “Well I wish you luck on finding the other. I’m trying to not only educate myself, but in a way, find myself.” It had been a journey to say the least.

Taking another drink from her beer and finally picking a fry from the pile, “It should be. I guess his daughter came across my page and practically begged her dad to hire me for her party.” But her, it was money. “What else? Hmm, nothing really. Just been working on my work space and all those wonderful things. And stressed?” a chuckle, “Aren’t we all stressed about something?” she half jokes. “What about you? Seems we never get o really talk.” And it was true.

The sound of falling coins gets her attention, and she see’s the blue haired girl scrambling around for coins.

Laughing lightly, “No worries. Here, let me help.” And with one hand holding the blazer flat against her chest, cause no shirt or anything under, she seems to easily bend and twist an arm to grab some of the coin without effort. Yah for being way too flexible! Holding it out, “Here you go!” the Shaman chirps, “Wanna join us?” meeting people was something she still enjoyed doing.

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

They were conversing as change fell beneath their table clinking and rolling, he quirked a sandy brow and scooted his chair back to drop to his knees helping to pick up the change, really no mind paid to his suit. Holding out his own handful of change to hand back to the girl. "Yea join us, I'll get your first round if you want. Don't mind us though, we're just talking philosophy. I'm Josh by the way!"

Normally that statement came out pretentious but the thick surfer accent made it hard for Guru to sound serious even when he was being serious. "Where were we, ah yea, Greek Philosophy. Yea, I recommend Plato. You see he had this idea that the phyiscal world is not as real, or as true, as timeless or immutable as we believe. He believed that this world, the things we interact with, hell even ourselves are reflections of a pure, true idea that exists in a perfect realm. Like we're a mirror and our reflection is imperfect."

All true, and ideas that really made Guru wonder if Plato had been a mage in life. A silver ladder trying to spread Awakening through the world perhaps? Trying to enlighten the ignorant masses? Thought exercises like this always made him smile, and his lips curled and stretched unconsciously as his mind wormed its way through those thoughts.

"That's a super simplified version, it's really interesting though. You're not wrong, that's the essence of Science as well. Trial and Error, doing something again and again to see if you can get the result you predicted and if you don't seeing what you DO get, if you can repeat it consistently, and then figuring out what the fuck to do with it."

He was getting excited now, slowly rocking back and climbing up the back of his chair without realizing. He was really bad at sitting still. "See, that IS a purpose though. Education, curiosity, wanting to know MORE. That's a purpose and a drive that can push you through life if it rings true with your soul."

"Shit sounds like it'll be good money at least. I was working on my workspace too actually, just getting everything set up now. I just need to get better contacts with suppliers so I can get the things I need, which I never really know what it is until I have an idea in my head. Me? Stressed? Nah. I live my life to be the opposite of stressed. We don't really, haven't had much opportunity unfortunately."

"How about you new friend?" He left the comment open letting her pick up whatever threads she liked though he doubted most people wanted to talk about nerd shit as he eloquently called it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread