Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Dots, A Reminder

THREADID

0 Scenes

Alright my lovely lings!

This is a reminder about Dots!

They matter. Especially when you're reacting to someone IC!

Striking Looks means you're Striking! You're noticed! And people notice you.

Distinctive Voice, quite simply means your Voice is Distinctive! When you speak people hear you, even if you try to whisper!

These two Merits mean people will notice you. And that if you see someone IC with these Merits, they will be noticed! Especially so if these Merits are attached to one Character, along with their Presence!

Presence, means more than just someone's attractiveness! Bearing. Stature. Assertiveness. Presence suggests the power of your character's very identity. Your character may be jaw-dropping gorgeous, plain-Jane or downright ugly, but her Presence means much more. It reflects her sheer command over the attention of others.

If someone has a Low Presence you hardly notice them! If someone has a High Presence you can't help but notice them!

And Fame too! If someone has the Fame Merit you can roll to see if you're heard of them!

If the Player has deemed this or that Attribute worthy of drawing attention to in their Minisheet. If someone has mentioned their Dex then there would be a certain unconscious grace in their movements, unless of course they note their Dex is low! If it is, then they'd just seem uncoordinated or clumsy. If someone has mentioned their Strength then boy howdy they have muscles! Muscley muscles even! Or the opposite! They could be weak that carrying groceries up the stairs is an effort!

People have put in hard work to get their Dots to how they want them and to have them be unrecognized IC is a blow, and makes some wonder why they bothered paying for things that are going unnoticed.

So, going forward, can we please try to be more mindful about these things? I know that commenting about X, or Y every single post will get boring but, mentioning X's hair or the quality or Y's voice or how the Z fade's into the background more often would help bring a different level of immersion, and add that depth to the characters in the world.

0 Scenes

Oh!

And I totally forgot!

Mantle! Everyone within a Court has one! It's obvious and there, and mingles, falls/overpowers others, it's a unique and interesting!

Everyone's worked hard on thinking of their Mantles! I'm sure more people would like to weave theirs within the narrative more as well.

I know it's a lot to keep track of, especially within a Scene with multiple characters with multiple Mantles along with everything else, but I hope bringing it to everyone's attention will help weave things together to build a more dynamic world for us to play in!

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, Shane liked this post
+ Reply to Thread