(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

She simply looks at Mable for a few seconds. Wondering how they got to the point where how things had always been done were being questioned.

“That’s because there isn’t anything in the Laws. It has always been the Reeve who is the first point of contact when it comes to a Breach, poacher or if Laws are broken. So should a poacher be found, Archon Twist would be your point of contact.”
    It was the duty of the Reeve to handle those matters. “Not sure why we would deviate from how things have been done for years.” Did she miss something?

“You don’t need my permission to patrol the Domain or to have others assist.”
    Her tone flat.

A single nod to JC, “I hope we’ve been able to help answer your questions. And I know I’m not the only one here who would help if you needed it. I’ll be helping Mr Dirt Nap with Celerity, and anyone else should they need it.” She didn’t offer to help often.

Was she missing something about the Mask? Sure, it was nice for her own Beast to not have the urge to rip flesh from bone. But she wanted others to feel the power she had.

Hands opening, “Anything else going on?” looking to the others. “Any concerns? Or any of that stuff.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a nod to Ale. "That's what I thought. I just wanted to be sure that I was using the proper protocol." She wanted to add ...after the weirdness with the sheriff. but no need to air old crud any more.

As for asking about taking JC she was just trying to not over step her position. But was glad the Prince trusted her patrolling decisions.

She looked at JC, "Come with me when we are done here. I'll get you hooked up with a phone. That way I can let you know when I'm going to see Prince Saul."

"Nothing else going on with me."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"The problem being, there are a lot of things that help with survival," JC replied to Dirt Nap with a slight smile. There was SO much. Honing fighting skills, honing your mental fortitude, honing Blood. Unfortunately, you couldn't do it all at once and trying to would likely leave JC a bundle of nerves. "What would you say I should prioritize?" he directed the question more generally.

JC's brow knit slightly at some of the Prince's comments and expressions. He wasn't sure if it was condescension. The Prince by her own words had trouble connecting and be connected with. Maybe he was just misunderstanding? Within the clan independence was held as a prominent virtue. His sire had shown him that.

Smith thought about the things he had heard since coming to the Domain. Nothing came to mind. Well, nothing that Alessandra wouldn't know already from her position within the Invictus. And he might even get into trouble for saying he knew it. It had happened before.

"I can't think of any concerns, aside from what was just mentioned with Saul."

He thanked Mable again for her offer "That would help out a lot."
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Thank you, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says softly with a deep, respectful nod when Alessandra mentions to J.C. she'll be helping Dirt Nap with Celerity. "I 'ppreciate it."

He listens to Alessandra's answer to Mable's question and decides not to interject; they all seem to have it worked out on their own just fine.

He ponders J.C.'s question for a moment and then answers, "You have to work out for yourself how you want to live, and then prioritize accordingly." Dirt Nap suggests.

"I knew early on I didn't like the feeling I got inside, like it was a trap, bein' boxed in like. I preferred being outside, so it was a priority for me to learn how to sleep in the ground right quick." He explains.

"If you are more about holing up somewhere, finding a safe place and keeping it safe, then learning how to sleep in the ground might not be as important for you. Likewise, if you had something you know you wanted to be doing, like the mental health thing, then you'd prioritize things that would help you do that without attracting the wrong kind of attention."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Almost rolling her eyes, but not doing it, “Just drop the whole Prince thing when it comes to him. It’s an honorific he has not earned. He’s allowed to sit there and play Prince because I allow it.” Nothing more, nothing less.

A nod to JC, “You’re correct, there are a lot things to help.” Sometimes it was hard to know where to start. “In my opinion, I would start where you are weakest. Shoring up the holes so to say.” A light chuckle, “Once you know where you are weak, you have a direction to improve. After that, it’s more about building your strengths. At least, that’s how I’ve gone about it.” But, they were all different.

A hint of a smile at Dirt Nap’s words, “Very well said.” It always amazed her when he spoke out, he was a lot more intelligent and well-spoken then a lot realized.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No problem." she responded to JC.

Mable gave a nod of understanding to Ale, Saul, not prince saul. She smiled at Dirt Nap and his answer. It was very well said. Between his comments and the Prince's she had nothing more to add.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Dirt Nap’s advice was sound. It was how JC tried to live. Though how successful he was was debatable. Rather than dismiss as cliché, he needed to reexamine exactly how he wanted to live, fit into how he had to live. See if there were things he’d missed. Not something he looked forward to. Self-reflection didn’t always lead to the answers you wanted.

JC tensed slightly when Alessandra spoke of her allowances. For a moment he was afraid she would attack Mable. And then move on to the rest of them. He was able to force his jaw to relax after a couple seconds.

When she talked of weakness, his mind went back to the bar and the conversation on vulnerability. Because where in general, his ‘weakness’ was something he chose. Living better, rather than safer. Or so he hoped.

Though he smiled a bit when he remembered what had been said later “I suppose I’ll have to take up the cello after all then,” he said with a light chuckle.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Thank you, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says in a humble tone to Alessandra.

He nods towards Mable, acknowledging her friendly smile.

Dirt Nap looks towards J.C., watching as he seems to be taking this all in. He seems new to this. Based on his conversation a month or so before, Dirt Nap surmises that J.C. still thinks of himself as a person, still relates to the mortal, day walking kind of person that he isn't anymore.

"You might want to real careful-like, think about getting a real, solid identification that has nothing to do with who you were before. I don't have anything that good, but I don't have much to do with anyone where it would come up. It seems like maybe you might, and if you think so, it'd be good to be prepared, really solid, not just halfway." Dirt Nap suggests.

He shrugs, "If the thought appeals, that is, you might be able to get some help with getting it done."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She watches the nod for Mable, making sure there was understanding, before glancing to JC.

“Well, that is up to you. But there is a saying about music soothing the savage beast.” She jokes, “If I got that one right.” Sometimes things could be lost in translation. What it meant in Italian could be lost on her in English.

And Dirt Nap just kept surprising her this evening. “Another good thing to consider. Having a second identity can help you in numerous aspects of surviving. But that’s of course, a personal decision. Sometimes it’s for business reasons, other times, something completely different.”

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened to the conversation on identities. "I don't have a second identity. I work with the kine almost daily under my real name. I figure I will need to stop working with the Urban Forestry Project in about 10 years and get a new ID. Unless something comes up before then. I'm not sure if my strategy is the best or if I should have gotten a new id when I came to the domain. I had built some really strong connections here under my name and didn't want to lose those." She gave a little shrug.

"That's how I have handled it so far and have been okay. I have had some close calls because of troubled kindred. But they are gone now and I have learned some valuable lessons. So for me no new ID has worked but I know for others, a different public ID has been very beneficial." Mable hoped the information has helped, at least he knows it's not required in this domain.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread