Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"If you're willing I would definitely appreciate a phone." replied to Mable. It would certainly make things easier on a lot of fronts.

“Well,” he sighed “I suppose I’ll start with introducing myself a bit more.” He met all of them already but never in a situation where he could talk openly.

“I’m JC Smith. I was a therapist before… all this.” Dieing and all “I’ve been bouncing between Domains on the West coast for a little over a year now. Didn’t leave all of them on the best of terms. Sometimes for asking the wrong questions. Sometimes for noticing the wrong Lord had lost their grip on reality. Listening well enough to know what people actually thought.” He paused for a moment “If any of you have questions for me, I’m willing to answer.”

“As for questions, I’ve heard the Domain described in ways safe for Kine ears and at court. Is there anything I should know beyond that? Things not suitable for more guarded places?” The chance to speak plainly and honestly didn’t present itself that often. “Like, who’s Saul, and what is his area?”

“l guess I’ll ask if there’s any larger projects going on that might need support? Domain, covenant or family-wise?”
    Clans didn’t always forge together as a political force but it did happen sometimes.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods as Alessandra says that she has confidence in their Clan not to need a lot of meetings to check up on them, 'babysit' as it were. "That's good to hear, Ma'am." He says softly.

He listens as Mable offers to get J.C. a phone. It never occurred to Dirt Nap that J.C. might want a phone and not have one; he figured if J.C. didn't have a phone of his own, it was because he didn't want to. Dirt Nap has considered ditching his own at times.

Then he listens to J.C.'s questions. He in interested in how they will be answered.

Dirt Nap does decide to take the opportunity offered by Alessandra to bring up anything on their minds, more or less.

He addresses Alessandra in a deeply respectful tone.

"Well, Ma'am. I did have one question. I am getting ready, in a month or two, to be ready to learn the Celerity Discipline we talked about one time in a Clan meeting, if that's still agreeable to you. I wasn't sure the most respectful way to go about letting you know when I was ready though. I don't want to show any less respect for the Prince of the Domain, just because of being in the same Clan."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She appreciated not having to do it. Because something told her no one would have a good time if she had to babysit. And quite frankly, she didn’t have the fucking time and patience.

An eyebrow raises at what Mable shares, “Well, considering Saul knows what the consequences will be should he or his whelps venture into my Domain, I have to question what was seen. I don’t believe Saul wishes to feel the wraith of myself or Archon Twist. So I would ask you to verify what you’ve seen. Because if I have to go an burn his house down and," a pause as she looks at her hands, a cold smile appearing on her lips, "rip his heart from his chest, I want to make sure.” And she was serious. Though Execution Courts were always enjoyable, and she had yet to show her skills at a Blood Eagle.

“Saul is a Kindred who fancies himself what he considers a Domain to the North. Some of his Court was caught poaching, and an Accord of sorts was reached. His little Domain isn’t really worth the time, is outside the Domain, could be quashed in one night if need be. No one to concern yourself with unless he decides he think’s he can win a fight with me.” A low, dangerous chuckle, “Which would be entertaining to say the least.” A hand waved dismissively. She clearly didn’t see Saul as a threat. “Our nights have been rather quiet, so I would be on guard from that. Quiet is usually not a good thing, and could signal trouble is coming. We’ve had issues with Brood in the past, but were able to win a few fights with them and push them from the Domain.” But they could return.

“As far as Family wise? Not that I know of. Though it is worth noting that a rule I have is that our Clan gift is not shared with those outside the Clan. Pretty straight forward.” So far it had not been an issue. Would JC be the first to test it? She wasn’t sure, the kid was still new.

Glancing to Dirt Nap,

“It works for me. I put the offer out there for you, for when you were ready. When the time comes, let me know.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a nod to JC. "After the meeting we could go grab one for you."

She listened to Dirt's request. She needed to learn that also, but was she ready?

"Yes, Your Grace. I will check in with him and let him know what's happening. It may be something that he doesn't know or someone overstepping the boundaries. It's just over the line, so could be in error. I'll let you know after I check"

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC normally didn’t indulge the more Savage parts of himself. When he really thought about it, the way the Curse had infected his mind was down right terrifying to most rational parts. However, here, among family, he couldn’t help but smile a bit at Alessandra describing ripping a heart from a chest. Other part quickly made him stop, uncomfortable at his enjoyment.

“Is there a way to recognize Saul or his cohorts? Or an area where I should be more careful of welcoming ‘new arrivals’?” Didn’t help defend the domain if you brought an enemy agent to court accidentally. Or to accidentally step over the line himself.

“I haven’t learned our art,” he admitted but he knew it was sometimes done which he was fine with “As an offshoot of that topic, I an thinking of working towards those gifts. As a way of… changing how I see things. I was wondering if I could ask y’alls opinion. Do you find mastering the Aspect to help in your interactions.” It didn’t negate the fear after all. Just changed it to hate. “Or would you say learning Mask is more useful.” Both were said to help ease the risk of losing control to instinct but one helped him, the other helped everyone else.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods deeply to Alessandra when she gives him permission to reach out to her directly when he's ready to learn Celerity.

"Yes, Your Grace. I'll be sure to do that. Thank you, Ma'am." He says humbly.

Dirt Nap listens to the talk of their neighboring domain without any comment. He's been so focused on his own studies that the territory isn't something he's paid much attention to. That might need to change.

Dirt Nap nods at J.C.'s question. After a brief pause, realizing he's the only one actively using both of the two disciplines that J.C. asked about, he says softly, "I suppose it's different for everyone. For me, if I had to choose just one or the other, the Mask seems to put others at ease a bit, which makes things better for me too. There's no way around having to deal with the beast though."

"To tell the truth, I only really wanted the Mask for animal forms, so as not to be so easy to pick out from natural animals."
    He confesses. "It's been a help to being about to be around others though. I still have to fight being angry, but at least I am not provoking them at the same time."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leave it to Mable to be the mother figure of the Clan. Not something she found endearing, but, whatever.

“If you do go and speak with him, either bring someone with you, or let someone know where you are. I don’t believe he is stupid enough to try something, or even overstep, but, people do surprise me from time to time.” People were stupid.

“I would be suspect of anyone you don’t recognize from Court. Granted, they could be genuine and looking to be Acknowledged, but it’s always best to be careful. As to an area? Saul seems to fancy himself a Domain,” insert eye roll, “in Roseville, north of Citrus Heights. So I would be wary of that area if Saul is indeed testing his limits. I don’t believe he had much to offer in regards to other Kindred, maybe a handful.” And from her tone, she didn’t consider them a threat, more of an annoyance. But she wasn't stupid, and never underestimated an enemy.

He hadn’t learned it? Was she hearing that correctly? “I personally don’t find Aspect helpful. But the other abilities that come after are very useful for survival. And I’ve never used Mask or seen the need for it. But, I understand everyone is different in that regard.” But she wanted others to feel her Beast, to feel its power.

A nod to Dirt Nap.

Listening to his reasons was interesting. She knew every Kindred was different in regards to the Beast and Masking it.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable Listened to everyone quietly. "Mr. Smith. If I find someone in our domain I don't recognize, I usually try talking to them. I ask if they are new here, just visiting etc. I then offer to bring them to the correct Priscus if they need acknowledging." She thinks a moment. "If they are causing issues such as poaching, I make sure there isn't a breach of the masquerade, and report it to the Prince or the Reeve. However, " she turns to Ali, "Is this the correct procedure? I don't remember anything formal in the laws of the domain. And I would like to make sure I am following correct protocol." After all, she tries really hard to do things correctly and to give correct respect to others.

She looked to the Prince, "I agree, going alone wouldn't be smart. Would it be okay to take Mr. Smith with me?" Back to JC, "Would you like to go with me to visit Prince Saul? It should be fine, from the tracks it looks like someone coming from outside both our areas and this will be more a touching base/curtesy call."

"As for the mask vs. Aspect. I am getting ready to learn the mask soon. For much the same reasons as Mr. Nap has outlined. When I am in animal form or on an investigation, I would like to be able to hide the beast for safety reasons. However, it really depends on what your interests are." Mable liked to give scary danger hugs just to remind others while she is cute and sweet, she is dangerous.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC found the others’ answers interesting. Somewhat surprising but not too much so. Being able to hide the Beast (in animal form or not) use definitely useful, though he didn’t expect it to be Dirt Nap’s main reason for learning it. The Prince not finding either important wasn’t too unanticipated either. He imagined as the your power grew to where you were dominate, concealing that dominance had its done sides. And knowing when you were in danger became more useful. However, her saying she had never seen a use for it? Had she forgotten the constant terror and dangers of being weaker than she was now? And JC didn’t feel he knew Mable to judge her answer, though he noticed she hadn’t mentioned the Aspect at all. “Thanks for indulging me.” It certainly sounded like the Mask would be more useful in social situations, except for what the Prince had said. Her questioning tone and not using Obfuscation might mean he'd gain something in her eyes from learning Protean before turning his attention to other arts. Which made it a matter of whether he was at more risk from being recognized as Kindred or being caught outside at sunrise, rather than a difference in social interaction. The problem being that the first two often went hand in hand.

JC would need to recheck a map for where Roseville was in relationship to downtown. Mable’s question interested him as well. Poaching did sometimes just happen out of ignorance. Not that every domain considered that an excuse. Though being in Citrus Heights meant to be double on guard if you ran into it

Smith’s first reaction was as always to mistrust and fear the Warden’s invitation. Suspect she wanted to lead him into a trap. Where better to kill him than enemy soil where she wouldn’t be to blame. However, that seemed distant enough that he smiled and agreed. “Of course. Just let me know a day or so ahead of time.” Travel times lengthened considerably when you traveled on foot.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods at Alessandra's words about the Clan gifts. He listens attentively at her advice and at what Mable has to say about their neighbors and strangers. J.C. himself is pretty quiet too.

"That's a good point. The Aspect of the Predator is the first step towards other stuff I couldn't live without. Sleeping in earth whenever and wherever it's needed is mighty important, at least it is to me." Dirt Nap muses. "I learned a lot of things--important things about how to survive--before I learned the Mask."

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread