Quinn was not in the nicest part of town. Hunger had driven her to go on walkabout for a fun hunt. She'd been watching this block for a bit now and there was a nightly routine happening. The mortal she had in mind to invite for dinner was Caucasian, tall, conventionally handsome. He had a boring job at a boring firm in a boring office, but what was not so boring about him was his mugging addiction. This dullard had decided to spice up his life by stealing things from others. Sometimes he didn't actually hold them up, just pickpocketed them, but lately he'd been leaning more to hold ups than snatch and grab, or pocket pool. To easy and too good to pass up. Come in to my parlor my dear, and put your arms around me....

I am hungry. Not starving, but definitely hungry. So busy with settling in that some things had been left to the wayside for a touch to long. I don't like going this long without feeding, but sometimes I push it. Even though I know its not a good to thing to do, its a naughty habit I get into as I lose myself to this new city. I want to embrace it, immerse in it, find all of its secrets. So you slipped a little, just don't make it a habit you tart. I vowed myself to stop the madness starting tonight. I have a confession to make dear reader. I am a little obsessed with playing with my food. I don't do anything crazy that would break the Masquerade or anything, but definitely like leading them into the trap of being fed on, is satisfying in to many numerous ways not to lure mortals into unwitting participation in my own sick version of the Hunger Games.

I enhance my senses, scenting the breeze like a bloodhound. I smell his cologne. It's not cheap, but not anything to brag over either. Several years out of date for any cool factor. A habit. Just like all the other boring details about him. This one too, I learned. You don't know how many times I fantasized over this moment. A thrill of anticipation runs through me. I am just about giddy inside. I pretend I need to stop to tie my black Nike's. He's targeting me. I hear his footfalls slow and cease. The pretty brand spanky new Iphone that is strapped to my upper arm is no doubt what caught his eye. Iphones fetch great prices to proper fences.

I hesitate looking a little lost for a moment, and darting down an empty alleyway, that curved and was a dead end. I hear his heartbeat hammering inside of him. His pace quickening as he moves in for the kill. The Dark Passenger and I are one now. We both want this man's blood. And when I pretend to whirl in surprise as the man is practically on top of me, I instinctively put my hands back to absorb the blow that was coming as he forced my body back against the stone of a building in the back of the alley. His hand covering my mouth, not that he was in any danger of screaming from me, but he didn't know that.

"I just want your Iphone, that's it." He shook me roughly after the statement. I stay still, widening my eyes in mock terror, acting to frightened to move or make a sound. He leers at me and moves in close, looking over my features. I'm so small. Delicate. I look so young. So helpless. He does what I want him to do. What fantasized about. I knew he would. I'm so happy he is not disappointing me. He pulls me close, gripping me so tight that if I was mortal and needed to breath he would have choked me. He strains his neck towards me, his neck brushing my lips as he breaths in the sweet scent of my perfumed skin. I would have loved to draw it out further. To toy with him. Gloat over my power over him, but I'm to hungry for that now, and this was too open a spot. I lunge into him like a snake, striking quickly. My fangs slide like hot knives through butter into his flesh. I moan audibly as he cries out in pain, his arms loosening, but its to late to pull back now as his blood rushes into my mouth, and I begin to drink. He moans as his hands roam my body. He feels as if he's being caressed from the inside out in a rush of pure ecstasy. I drink deeply from him, and leave him hunched over a garbage can with his pants half way down. When he comes to, this little encounter should be enough to send him scurrying back to his safe, albeit dull life.

At least it better. Next time, I won't let him live.