Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“You’re talking about getting back into therapy?” JC asked, making sure he’d understood Dirt Nap correctly, before shaking his head. “I tried for a bit before I came here and ended up leaving. It’s not something I’m looking to start again professionally. At least for a while.” Even if he did have an ID good enough to pass muster, the thought of having to get relicensed and setting up a night-time practice was a little overwhelming. The idea that he would have to do it again every ten years like Mable was doing or so even more so. All that was discounting the apprehension he had of placing himself in a position of power over someone that the Beast thought of as only a meal.

“But I’ll keep in mind the offer,” he assured him. A basic fake ID didn’t trigger those distant future thoughts and would be useful from time to time.

He smiled slightly at the Prince’s joke. “Yeah, that’s right,” he agreed.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods at the Prince's words. He listens closely too, almost like it's him she's giving advice to, not J.C. Basically, if the Prince is going to give any advice to anyone, he's going to pay strict attention is the impression he's giving.

He listens to Mable too, smiling slightly, though he doesn't nod.

Then J.C. speaks. Talks about 'not for a while' and 'keeping it in mind'. Dirt Nap isn't sure why he is feeling the need to push J.C. His way is generally to say his piece and let the chips fall where they may, let a body decide for themself. Maybe it's because J.C. seems so new to this...'life'. Maybe something about J.C. reminds him of himself. Whatever the reason, he decides to give it a try, to explain what seems like an urgency to him for J.C. to make some important 'life' decisions.

Dirt Nap nods. "Maybe it's a little too 'on the nose', I reckon." He muses. "Getting a deep, solid new identity, new name, new person, not having anything to do with who you used to be...kind of makes it real...the fact that that life is gone and over?"

Dirt Nap nods again, slowly. Alessandra seems to be okay with him talking so much, giving so much advice to J.C., even though she's the Priscus here, not to mention being the Prince.

"You are right, J.C., you got time. It doesn't have to be a rush. But the thing is, our kind...can get in a rut real easy. Puttin' off something can be a habit, making changes doesn't come natural or maybe I should say, 'unnatural.'" Dirt Nap chuckles softly.

"There's a sayin' goes, 'Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans'." Dirt Nap says. "But you aren't, strictly speaking, alive anymore. You don't have to earn a living, get hitched or raise up any young or any of the like. You aren't getting any older, neither."

Dirt Nap stares hard at J.C. "You don't have all them things to distract you from your purpose...or to distract you from having no purpose at all. You are gonna have to be, 'intentional'."

"You best find a purpose, or maybe just a hobby to tide you over until you figure one out. If you don't, there isn't anything else to keep you from just going along with what the Beast wants, further and further until that's all you got." Dirt Nap says.

"At least...that's been my experience. You can take it or leave it. Just so you know J.C., you are Clan to us, and we do aim to help, as long as helping you isn't going to put the whole Clan in a bad way."

4. Likes pisces liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “That’s up to you, everyone has a different reason for wanting a second identity or not wanting one. I like to keep business and Domain separate, hence a second identity. Keeps things clean for me. But if it’s worked for you thus far, then why mess with it.” Everyone was different.

“Some returned to their business and profession, some don’t. Just a matter of finding what works best for you.” She just liked her profession before her Embrace.

A dry chuckle, “Hate to burst that bubble, but it kind of is over with. You can’t go back. So it’s a chance to reinvent yourself in a way. Become who you want, take a name you like, swap it out when it gets old.” Not a huge thing to her. But, she’d been around a while.

But damn, Dirt Nap was talkative tonight. And it was amusing in a way to listen to him offer advice. Advice from the guy who seemed to shy away from anything with responsibilities.

“I’d rather not have to deal with stupid family again.”
    Her two cents on what Dirt Nap said about the Clan.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave an emphatic nod of agreement when the Prince said she would rather not deal with stupid family again. While she has made mistakes she was not in the same category as the others.

"Mr. Smith, if you ever just want to vent or talk through things...I'm more than willing to listen. Sometimes it just helps saying things out loud to someone. But then I;m sure you know that already. " After all it sounded like he was a therapist of some sort. But hey, it never hurts to remind someone and he seems in pain over his condition.

8. Likes pisces, Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC wasn’t sure where he in Dirt Naps estimation. True, JC was young, even by mortal estimations. At the same time, what was he doing now if not establishing a new identity. Not even his first. New city… new name. Or did the Watcher think that James Smith was JC’s Kine nomenclature?

"I already have a new name," he clarified with a partial smirk.

Then there was his talk of not getting into a rut. Finding purpose. Like JC hadn’t experienced that before while living. And maybe it was different now, but in JC’s opinion the undead often didn’t see the similarities between the curse and the mental challenges Kine suffered every day. True, eternity changed things, but that was mostly a matter of scale.

“Do you know the hierarchy of needs?” he asked Clay “It’s a pyramid of things to help you get the most out of life. Fulfill purpose. But according to the theory you can’t do that without having a solid base. Making sure you have food, shelter… safety.

“Trust me, I’m working toward a purpose but I am also working to make sure the base of the pyramid is solid.” That if he were forced to flee, again, like he had several times before now, he could do it somewhat safely.

He gave a small, slightly sad smile “But I do appreciate the advice. I’ll work to take it to heart.”

"I know," JC replied to Mable with a chuckle "But it's good to be reminded."

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, listening respectfully to what his elders, the Prince and Mable have to say.

He nods again at J.C.'s response. About what he expected. Polite enough. Probably going to go right ahead and do whatever he intended to do anyway.

"I am familiar." Dirt Nap says when J.C. responds with the hierarchy of needs. The one for humans, that is. Things have changed, and J.C. was going figure it out or not. Time would tell.

"Ma'am," Dirt Nap says to Alessandra, the Prince. "I confess I can see now, how I have been selfish. I appreciate the Domain and the stableness of it. I have passed by the opportunity to roll up my sleeves and do things that don't appeal for the greater good."

He pauses and then says, "A while back, I said I wouldn't like to be the Clan Priscus if anyone else would have it. Now, I know that conversation is done, and I don't mean to make any kind of assumptions about that still being open. But. If the opportunity comes up again; I've a mind to throw my hat in the ring."

12. Likes Scourge liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

She said nothing about Mable’s offer to JC. Seemed Mable was most content doing a whole mother hen thing. Whatever.

Hierarchy of needs? Gangrels always had those things. It had never been an issue for her, but, that was her. The ground to sleep in, the cattle to feed from, and Claws for protection.

But she was content to listen and observe the flow of conversation. So far it had been a more pleasant and intelligent meeting. Unlike ones of the past.

“Just know you have the Clan if you’re in need.”
    Though Mable was the one who gave more.

But Dirt Nap proves to be the most intriguing of them all tonight.

“A curious statement, what’s changed?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened to everyone. She was glad that JC seemed to accept her for who she was. She was happy that the Prince allowed her to be helpful self.

But Dirt Nap got her interest. This was the first time he ever offered to be Priscus. Mable had longed to regain the Priscus title, but knew better then to ever ask again. She had screwed up and allowed Prosper to shake her confidence.

Now, she was interested in what Dirt had to say to the Prince's question. She quietly waited for the answer.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

The conversation took an unexpected turn. Not that JC didn’t think that Dirt Nap would be a bad Priscus. However, the listener wouldn’t have pegged Clay as wanting the position, given he was more inclined to watch. Although, there had been a slight change recently. An increase in confidence. Maybe his cousin had found a purpose just as he had encouraged JC to. He wondered how long it at taken?

The Prince seemed curious. Not opposed? Maybe she would welcome not having to deal with the Kindred responsibilities that came with the role. One fewer thing she had to worry about getting a phone call about.

JC waited quietly for Dirt Nap’s reply.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods as Alessandra tells J.C. he has the Clan to help him. Then she asks him why he's changed his mind about wanting to be the Clan Priscus. He notices Mable and J.C. are quiet and attentful too, possibly wondering the same thing.

"Well, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says thoughtfully.

After a pause, he says, "I like to say I growed up just a bit. Being here on two years or so, having been gone and come back, I seen others doing double duty and more while I done none. It ain't right. I can do more. I should do more, and I intend to as the opportunity comes around."

He looks at Mable and J.C. "I always said, I have no interest in trying to control anyone but myself. That stands. I'm not looking for power, but I am ready to take responsibility for others past just looking out for myself if I get the chance."

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread