Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

BDN: Sharp Lessons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The mistake was saying my grace instead of your grace. It implied that I own her. It was not what I meant to say. I had started to say something else and mid thought changed what I was going to say and didn't stop and correct myself. That was very stupid on my part. I should have started my sentence over and said it correctly. I was stupid because I didn't catch myself soon enough. Others, including the prince could have misunderstood what I meant and probably did take it as I was being disrespectful of the Prince. I felt very stupid because at the time I was trying to be respectful and get her permission to do something." Mable was unsure if she expressed herself clearly. She was just glad of a chance to try and explain why it was a stupid mistake.

She knew Twist didn't suffer fools lightly and she also knew she had been a fool. "To make matters worse, I had just been discussing title's with you and the Prince the month before." What she should have added ut didn't was she probably had been boring them greatly with her curiosity.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A wry look of agreement crossed Twist's face. It was true, her comment had poor timing. And she had listened, picking up the error in her address. As far as the why and how it had happened and the self recrimination, not nearly as important to Twist.

Coming around to the front of the table, she leaned back against it, using the time to think.

"Invictus protocol regarding titles is complex- to say the least. You are not Invictus," there was a finality to the second statement. She wasn't. And would likely never be. Not that she was interested of course, but still."So I am not going to waste our time with teaching the nuances to you."

"I am however going to explain a small bit. My covenant places importance on ... authority, rank, hierarchy, roles, pick the word you prefer. As you said- your error was in the use of 'my' in addressing the Prince. It implied a superiority over her that is not only incorrect but insulting."

Twist paused, letting the words settle. Words that Mable already knew. It was the ones about to be spoken that would be new.

"The reason that we are still meeting today despite the fact that you have learned of this error is because the Prince has requested that you be taught by one of our covenant. This means that one of us, me, will get the role of your teacher and you of student. Because of the value we place on roles, this is not a simple thing, a quick lesson to be over and done with between us. We are now linked."

Dark eyes watched from a delicate face that revealed little of Twist's inner thoughts. Again, letting the words settle in the air before she continued, voice calm and explanatory.

"That means that from this night forward, whenever you address a member of my Covenant, you are representing me. I am your teacher and if you make a mistake, that mistake is mine. If you do well then I recieve the applause. Your words reflect me. Do you understand?" Letting her arms fall back to brace against the table, her fingers rested with casual disregard to bare blades of the knives scattered atop the surface.

Did she see? Did she understand?
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened carefully. She wasn't sure how she felt being linked to anyone. Thoughts drifted through her head. Why would anyone want to link to her? Why would anyone trust her with words. Should she feel confidence because Twist was linking Mable to her?

The physical torture twist could do was less horrifying then disappointing her or the Prince. Mable was just disappointed in herself. Defeated, maybe. But she did get it. She did understand. Really, she should have gone back to the deep woods, but she decided to keep trying to do her work here in the domain.

"I understand." She said simply. What else could she say.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Among the elements that made Mable, one of those that Twist appreciated was her ability to be brief. Evenings like this had a tendency to go poorly for those who failed to grasp the advantages of brevity.

"Good," Twist said with a flash of teeth that maybe passed as a smile.

"Going forward then you will address any Invictus with their domain title and there last name, provided they have one." Definitely a smile this time.

"That means it is Prince Anitori, Priscus Hazelton, Priscus Jacque and Mister Heinrich. I will be the most difficult as Priscus Twist, Hound Twist and Archon Twist are all acceptable."

"Should any of those individuals give you permission or request you address them by another name or title you will speak to me first."

"And it should go without saying that you will never use 'my' when addressing any of them."

"Do you have any questions? Now is the time to ask."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened carefully, committed the names to memory. So no more calling the Prince -Your Grace. From now on it will be Prince Antinori. "No questions. I appreciate the simplicity and clarity you have given me for the names. And I understand that even if they say to call them another name I will ask you first."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Under other circumstances it might have been odd for the friendly Gangrel to pose no questions, but under these? Not so much.

So it was that with a single nod, Twist accepted Mable's understanding.

"Good. If anything comes up during an interaction with an Invictus that you are confused about or have questions on- please seek me out. It is wiser to do that than risk making a fool of yourself and me in fumbling." Despite the harsh words for this last task, Twist's voice was softer.

Invictus code and protocol. It was hard enough for those of the covenant to master and Twist was not unsympathetic to the fact that Mable was not even that.

"Unless there is anything else that you wish to discuss this evening ..." Twist let the sentence trail off. A final chance for Mable to bring anything up before they parted ways for the evening.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No questions at this time. If I think of any, I will be sure to ask. I'd like to thank you for your time." Mable waited to be dismissed.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, "Good."

A faint smile, "You are welcome. I look forward to seeing you in court. Kalos is outside- he can lead you out."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gives a deep nod/bow to Twist. Then she quietly leaves the room. Finding Kalos, she follows him.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist watched the door swing closed behind the Savage the faint sounds of Kalos greeting her drifting through briefly before being cut off.

Her dark eyes were narrowed in thought at the door, or rather, what now was beyond it for a long moment before she turned back to the array of knives on the table.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread