Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer Meetings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh ho ho ho ho!" Ooooh Ram was growing on the Summer Queen. It took Circe a moment to get back to what he was saying. "Huh? Oh the Freehold Oath?" She scoffs and drains her cola, tossing the can over her shoulder, "Shit works fine. Getting it ta not need the stone just needs a Winter ta stick around long enough ta manifest an," her left blue hand rises up to flick her crown with her index finger, "Accessory. Pretty sure I know why it stopped working." It did seem rather obvious. "Freehold Oath is made on the trading of the headpiece each season ta each Court. One court missing? Wyrd says screw you," she looks off to her left and gives the air the finger, "So we're using a rock ta say it right back ta the Wyrd."

A very Summer view. As for the idea of a class, Circe had a solution that was equally blunt in presentation. "We 'lings are like teens. Offer free food and booze is like leaving out a candy trail fer James Woods. Guaranteed ta lure 'em out," she smiles proudly. After a moment her black and red eyes widen then blink. "Of course that'd be fer after the fight training. Drunken students ain't good unless yer gonna teach up drunken master," she laughs. "Is that an actual thing or was it just a Jackie Chan movie?"

Ram will find a smirk upon Circe's face next. A kind of smarmy one, "The armor is what ya focus on and not the weapon? Eh," she waves her hand dismissively, "Whatever. More modern stuff don't slow ya down much so ya could hit up the gym ta work yer way up or something," she stands up to grab another can. Popping it open she drops back down onto the bean bag.

How does she go about not spilling the open beverage? Effectively. "Or my lil' Summer soldier ya could remember two fae modifications ta stuff. Hedgespun and Tokens. Reality takes a back seat when ya use that stuff. I've heard of boots let ya catch up ta cars, amulets that protect ya, and I once saw a maybe magical girl sword that cut through privateers like a chainsaw through butter." She drinks from her new can, "We can cheat, so we should. Kinda why I bought the littler kevlar. It fits under other stuff. Is why I don't die when I get shot. Plus," she holds up one finger with a smile, "When I finally spin up some armor I don't hafta worry about making it really good at stopping bullets. I've even made some armor buuuut," she sips again, "Ah. The material is limited supply and no offense ta ya but I'm pretty sure my ass looks better in skin tight silicon then yer's will," after a pause, "And Sonja's ass. Not Star Girl though. Her I'd put inta riot geat outta fear she'd hurt herself easily."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

“Oh?!” he said “Well… I guess that makes sense… Rhodes made it sound all…. Oooowwwooh,” the Ogre made wavy motions with his hands. Leave it to an Autumn King to try to make something more mysterious and scary than it actually was. Taking a swing of soda he was about to suggest tying up the local Winters to keep them from leaving but thought better of it at the last second. To close to home.

“I mean... have you TRIED free food,” he says raising another slice of pizza to the Queen with a wink “Only hunger can make something taste better.” His smile weakened slightly at how he knew that truth. “Never met a drunken master but it can make people harder to take down. Can make it so they don’t realize how hurt they are or how stupid things are going so they keep fighting.” Again, something he knew from experience. Perking up a bit, Ram said “I did once meet a guy who would douse himself in liquor before setting himself on fire. But that probably doesn’t count.”

Ram smirks right back “When you can tear apart sword like I can and know how to talk to the Stone just right like I do and have all the dodging grace of a great ape, you’re DAMN right ya focus on the armor before the weapons,” he guffawed, washing down crust with coke. The dry heat was making his throat a bit parched.

He nodded with what he heard. “I guess I’m a bit stuck in my ways. Cheating… for me, means breaking all those fancy Token weapons and Hedgespun armor.” People… armies… castles, rarely expected that. “Doesn’t help as much with people that know hand to hand.” he admitted, with a shrug. But then that’s what contracts were for.

His smirk still hadn’t totally faded “So that’s why you’re pushing for me to learn wielding weapons? Butt envy?” he finished off another pizza angle “I mean, considering no one’s seen me in skintight silicon seems pretty presumptuous to assume mine isn’t better.” God, he’d missed Summer conversations. Not having to tiptoe as much. Letting the competition of words and actions show who was stronger. Instead of his own mind. Ram laughed like he hadn’t since he got to Sacramento.

“Sorry, just picturing it. I mean, mines probably bigger,” he gave another laugh “But probably couldn’t compete. Not in silicone anyway. I'd need metal to crush your ass.”
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh ho ho ho, that he does," Ram's description of Rhodes amuses her greatly. Circe stills finds the talk of food amusing, even if she too grimaces at the hunger comment. She was familiar with that too. A liquor fueled Human Torch? "That's an interesting Catch fer a Contract. Hope it was cheap booze."

"Ha!" She gives him a thumbs up at the comment about armor, "I don't know, gorillas are pretty agile in the tree. Some craftsmen might get pissed about the breakage, ha ha." The idea of him smashing stuff like that got the elfin Fairest licking her lips. "Well I wouldn't call that bad. I'm a merchant before a smith," she explains blithely, "Less product, sellers market, plus salvage ta tinker with."

She sips her drink and snorts. "Hey an ass this fine," she points at her seat, "Takes work ta be beat. I also ain't seen yer ass nude, but I have seen mine," Circe's head bounces a little as she talks, "Aaaand the monkey's," then frowns, "No the other Monarchs. And nothing wrong with being big. Like Mix-a-Lot," she was not going to lose this argument. But she joined him in laughter, "Tell ya know lie, he likes big buns hun."

"Also ya need ta be kinda bendy ta get the damn things off,"
    she frowns, "I swear I learned yoga from undressing. Baby powder is a MUST ta squeeze inta it. Some Springs have told me corn starch is best but baby soft butt is better, right?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

"Craftsmen, wielders, homeowners, pissed of an Autumn once who was hoping for some more intact loot once. Though I didn’t see him complaining during the battle, so,” he gave dismissive shrug.

Ram chuckled as he settled back a little. “The key to flexibility… Tight Pants,” he made a headline gesture. "No wonder I was never able to touch my toes."

“Doesn’t corn starch get… goopy? Pretty sure I remember some science experiment. I don’t imagine it mixes well with sweat. Baby powder definitely sounds like the better choice.”

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Funny how the tune changes fast when it benefits folks," Ram was still getting her to laugh. Circe was quite amused.

"Damn straight,
    " she nods her head in agreement about the corn starch. "I mean wearing food? What are they trying ta do, be bait? Why not pancake mix? Well," she tilts her head and nods, "There were Springs from the Bay area that might have been inta getting eaten or stuff like that. Freaks," she says the last part with disgust. "Keep that in mind when ya meet the local Springs, they are norm, erm, more normal then other Springs."

And Circe tempted a pot meet kettle comment with calling members of another court abnormal. "My mind does wander, how much of a pain it is gonna be ta take those suits off when wounded. Eh, might be easier ta just cut 'em off," she shrugs. It wasn't like the material was expensive expensive. She finishes her victuals. "Cool man. So, ya have any plans on patrolling or shit like that? Stomping skulls or what not?"

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram grimaced at the mention of wanting to be eaten. Not so much in disgust (maybe a little) but at briefly wondering what would make someone desire that and how they would go about fulfilling that desire. He did his best to cut off both lines of thinking before it got too much past being turned into four and twenty blackbirds and Kings’ pies.

“Haven’t known too many Springs,” admitted “Not well, anyways. Went on a run with Titania, a bit up tight but fun to talk to. Had a movie might where got to know Sonnie and Yamiyo a bit. Yamiyo… also a bit uptight but in a more everything need to be in its place kinda way. Sonnie,” he gave something halfway between a grunt and a snort “she’s definitely something.”

“Definitely plan to patrol the Hedge a bit when I can.” If he was going to live in a Hollow then he needed to get to know the local Hedge. And to make it safer.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe made a face at the idea of going upon a run with Titania. Star Girl was nice but not the brightest. Then snorts at the description of Sonja Wu. "Bouncy," she declares with glee, "Sonny is bouncy."

She sighs as she decides to describe the others, "Right? I mean, why so serious? Springs are supposed ta paint a smile on their faces," she scoffs, "Yamiyo at least wants ta learn ta fight. Titania. Starry Girl. Well," Circe decides to be blunt with Ram, "Part o' the reason I wanna test a car working in the Hedge is so next time I hafta do a Hedge run with her, I'll have child safety locks."

Circe decided to add something in, "Excellent me Summer brudda," that was good to know, "I've mostly been using a combination of blanks, traps, and bullets ta lure beasties towards kill zones. Hmm," she though back to one, "If ya see a rusty old Volkswagen on patrol, back away the way ya came. I think I left a few spiked, well not pit falls but ya'd lose a foot," she shakes her head, "It works fer the more mobile beasties but slower ones? Hob raiders? Privateers? Yeah, they don't rush towards gunfire."

Want to wrap this up so Ram can venture into the Hedge armored like an extra from Mad Max?

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

"You desires are your own," Ram quoted with faux sage wisdom before he shrugged "People want what they want, even neurotics. Maybe neurotics even more than most. And neurotic Springs... well," he gave another shrug "If it's how they connect with their season I'm normally pretty easy and go along with it." Not cursing and not using the big candy bowls were simple enough impositions that it didn't bother him.

He spit up a bit of soda when he laughed at the mention of child locks. "You'll have to invite me or fill me in when that happens. Le'me know how it goes."

He nodded as she filled him in on the VW trap. "Got it. Keep away from nonfunctional vehicles in the Hedge. Capture functional vehicles in the Hedge for the glory of the Summer Court," his voice elevated through the last sentence in a crescendo before he laughed "Or to see how Titania reacts to child proof latches." He raised his soda in toast before finishing it off.

MasterBlaster, good to wrap :P

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Truth, truth," she nods sagely to her fellow sage of Summer. Then laughs, "Oh ho ho ho ho, I think I need ta set up a camera. It'll probably be as funny as a confused puppy," she laughs at Titania's expense.

"Ha!" She points at Ram with a laugh. Circe approved of the idea, "Jack their ride in conquest! I'll add the latches later. Cazzo Ram, yer a fun one. Imma drop off the armor I upgraded ta ya later. I wanna make sure ya come back from the Thorns bro. We are gonna kick so much ass together, oh ho ho ho!"

Circe gets another slice and drink. This was turning into quite the fun night.

The two Summers get along quite well and their antics continue until the food is gone. Circe does make sure to drop off the armor to Ram later. End Scene, good thread Scourge ! Many thanks

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread