Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer Meetings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

An indoor venue, the Summer attraction is built within a large metal building. It currently features semi mobile bunkers to allow the "arena" to be rearranged at random. These bunkers come in plywood, for greater realism, and inflatable barriers to mix up the lay out quickly.

The plywood structures are a mixture of partial walls, doorways, single rooms, and small structures that patrons can duck behind. Inflatable structures come in mostly static shapes such as cubes, triangles, X's, and domes. The current arena is surrounded by a safety net, to prevent any unwanted interaction between the players and spectators, staff, or the warehouse's wall/ceiling. The netted arena space is further divided using a mesh curtain to create 3 large arenas for standard play. Lighting levels in the three can be adjusted to a degree so that players can experience their "battle" in daytime or twilight. Spotlights are used to target rule-breakers so there is no argument from the players about who is being called out. Staff monitor the games from scaffolding and a control room.

One section has the cover cleared out, leaving what appears to be a folding table and bean bag chairs. What is upon the table? Two pizza boxes, beer, and cola. It was all set up for the meeting of Ram with Circe.

So where was Circe hiding right now?
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram had seen the building since being hired but had never gone inside. It made sense as a place Summer would jive with thematically. A training area of sorts though it did seem a bit fragile. He pushed one of the plywood structures to see just how movable it was as he explored through the arena. Eventually he came upon the set table. But no Circe,

Which seemed odd.

Maybe it was being on a ‘battlefield’ (or one of the times were the curse of Ogrish gullibility didn’t get the better of him) but this screamed trap. Or at least possible hazing of the new grunt.

“Hello!” he called from the edge of the cleared section “Circe?!”
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The lights flicker. And a irritating, cheerful song plays on the speakers. Lots of Italian cursing comes from the control room.
    The lights flicker again and the song stops, "Finally!!!"

The Summer Queen, resplendent crown of Summer upon her head, kicks open the door to the control room and heads for the pizza. She is wearing a standard repairman jumpsuit, nothing sexy at all.

"Heya Ram, ya found the place? Great," she gives him a thumbs up, "Had ta turn off the kiddie songs, they were gonna make my ears bleed."

Circe throws herself down onto one of the "chairs" with a fwump. "Welcome ta the domain of Summer in this theme park. How are ya settling in?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram watched the events unfold, a little bewildered. He hadn't heard music before hand. Maybe it had been playing in the booth and Circe had really good hearing? He still couldn't help but feel his leg was being pulled in a way he couldn't see. Still, she was here.

He took a much more careful seat. Basically sitting on the floor first before leaning back slowly on the bean bag.

"Doing alright. Got a steady cash flow going. Scouting out places to set up a Hollow before Winter hits. Still working on getting better credentials than I currently got, which is none."
    He grabbed one of the pizza boxes and checked the contents inside. “Other than that… feeling a bit lost to be honest. No idea where to really start with hunting a fetch. And with Summer so small feels a bit odd. My last Freehold there were a lot of us and they were always giving grunts jobs to do.” Ram was still used to getting orders and was a bit aimless without them.

“But it seems you at least have a good set up here,” he said indicating the course.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh," Circe nods, "I know some people that could help with the credentials. Or know someone that knows a LOT of folks that can help." Perks of doing business with the big crime lady of the city. Not that Ram needed to know what Circe's business was. Give him a month or two first.

As Ram mentions the size the gets Circe to wince before sighing. "Yeah, most Summers have been transient when visiting. I'm pretty much the Queen that stays," she taps the fading Wyrd crown upon her head. Circe also had some ideas for his other issues. "I'd recommend assassination fer dealing with a Fetch but can't say I got experience with mine. It's much better at mundy assassination them I'm. Total pro."

"It is a good setup. In principle. Learn the maze ta help with ambush nasties ya bring in," she leans towards the table to grab a cola, "Or other Freeholders with the lasers fer fun, oh ho ho ho ho! I think we, uh when Summer had numbers," she waves her hand, "Started with the idea ta have a Summer Hollow murder labyrinth, the whole reflection Iron Side ta Thorn Side thing, but then it was just me. Though if ya want ta make a Hollow fer yerself," she pops the tab on the cola, "Fire is kinda a Summer theme. I can get ya some Molotovs, plus I know of a few Trods but some are high traffic, hmm not sure about that creek cabin but ya'd need ta climb ta get ta it anyway. As for Summer work," Circe drinks her cola.

"Hunting nasties in the Thorns is an option, I'd be the great blue hunter fer that. I prefer traps and guns, if that deters ya. Also,"
    she grins, "There is plans fer a caravan ta visit a giant spider market. Hafta check with my business partner but if they say yes, ya can see the sights."

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

“That’s be great!” Ram replied with a grin, happy that he wouldn’t need to figure out the ins and outs of setting up a fake identity.

The Ogre snorted a bit “I wish I was thinking about methods of killing the shit. Right now I’m stuck on how to even start finding them. I don’t have a lot of clear memories of my life before. I’m not even entirely sure that I’m from Sacramento. I came more out of a feeling familiarity than anything.” He rubs the back of his neck before grabbing a pizza slice and setting the box aside for now. “Detective work ain’t my thing. Better at breaking doors than cases.” He took a large bite, chewing for a moment.

He gave a smile that was almost sly “Maze is only as good as its walls.” He looked around the area. “In an all out battle, I’d be careful trusting the enemy to play by the rules. Lots of this stuff is moveable, climbable… breakable?” He turned back to the queen. “Not that it’s not cool,” he assured her.

“Fire? I mean, I wouldn’t say no to Molotovs.” Though he imagined it more likely he would lob them through a gate and then close it for a day or two. He wasn’t a firefighter and wasn’t sure if he would be able to control a blaze. “What creek cabin?” he asked “I’m pretty good at climbing.”

He listened to her description of jobs. He’d go on hunts if asked but probably not on his own “I’m more of guy who destroys thingshe admitted “Though I wouldn’t say no to bodyguard duty if that’s what you mean with the caravan.”

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nods, "I'll get a name ta ya fer a good forger. But it'd be a mundy forger, so they'll want money. Ya need ta be spotted?"

The Queen listened to her Courtier's words. As for detective work, "Despite the crown, I have more skills then just pain town. Computers are oh so useful," grabs her own pizza slice, "Fer finding out about folks these days. Almost everything is online and this gunbunny smurfette is a helluva cheater, oh ho ho ho ho!" Brownie's Boon let her hack twice as fast as anyone trying to oppose her.

The Larcenist does nod, while eating pizza, to the prospect of the maze not working so well. "I mmmigure," swallows, "It was meant ta be trap filled ambush fest. Less can't get me, more we know where the traps are bitch kinda thing," eats more pizza and washes it down, "I don't know I didn't start it. But it is funny how often I won with the lasers playing court vs court."

"Hmmm," she watches Ram over the pizza slice she eats as she thinks on things. "Security, even loan ya armor," Ram can probably hear the air quotes for armor, "But my partner has plans fer brand logos ta help shit sell so need ta coordinate with her. On the plus side," she smiles widely at Ram, "You Ram might be riding a truck you ta get there." Circe wouldn't just go ahead with the offer without Seraphina's okay. Bad for business to do that.

And the other part? Where the fuck the cabin was. "It was a creek down some cliffs with a cabin up top." What else was there? "Oh and it had a few problems. Usual Wyrd stuff," she nods to herself, "Insides kept changing, stuff I left disappeared, and it constantly had hobs using it as a kinda, hmm, hostel might be the word. High traffic rest stop fer hobs."

Which was the problem with most Hedge real estate. Squatters had a lot of rights. The elf finishes her slice before snapping her fingers at something else. "Oh yeah! The Gate," Circe sighs as she looks to Ram, "That could also be a problem Ram. Its under a viaduct, fenced in, and the padlock fer it got replaced recently so," she laughs, "The authorities might be watching it more."

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

“I don’t know. I could probably squeeze 500 dollars out of my pay check when I get it. How much do fake IDs go for?” She definitely seemed to know more about that sort of thing than he did.

“Online? Well, alright.” Ram didn’t sound particularly convinced but he was willing to go with it if she thought it might help. Not like he had any better ideas. “Near as I can tell I was taken thirty-ish years ago. Maybe more? I… went to school?” he sounded uncertain “Like I said, not a lot of clear memories.”

“Traps? How was that supposed to work with this being a mundy playground?” he chuckled. Sounded like an accident waiting to happen. “Still, seems an alright training ground. At least in training it’s okay to follow rules. You do court versus court stuff here often?” With the Freehold on the precipice the way it felt and so few Summers, having courtiers from other courts able to fight seemed a good idea.

Ram finished off his slice and grabbed a soda to wash it down.

“You lost me,” Ram admitted “’What do ya meanArmor?” Riding a truck?” It felt like she was talking in code. He could make assumption off that but if he could ask for clarification he would.

“So you think I’d be a good choice to run a hostel,” he said with a grin at her description of the Hollow. “No I get it. Tear it down. Burn it and rebuild. Sounds like an alright spot. Fence and padlock won’t mean nothing. I can tear either apart easier than soft clay. Why would the police be watching it though?

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

At Ram's finances Circe lets out a sigh, "Yeah. That'd be a me spotting ya type of thing. Consider it yer monarch looking out fer her own and leave it at that."

She hums to let Ram know she is paying attention to what he's saying, "We'll schedule another meeting when I've got my computer then. Some yearbooks might be online." Circe finishes her slice then scratches the side of her head,"Or maybe like go ta a library or something."

Then Ram's words get a quirk of her right eyebrow and ear. Then rapid head shaking, "No no no no. Not the Iron Side, here, the traps were supposed ta be in the Summer Hollow Thorn Side. I think that was the plan." Then the elfin Fairest start laughing, "Oh ho ho ho! We used ta, me versus all the courts. But I kept winning," she smirks as she raises her arms with both palms up in a shrug.

Then sighs, "Well not Hedgespun or shit like that, kinda only have lady's size. But I have a men's leather jacket and some football pads that might be in yer size. Also my partner and I are looking inta off roading ta see if it'd work, ya know, fer fun." Circe smiles fiercely, "Personally I'm hoping ta get a snow plow ta run over a Briar Wold or two."

"The issue ain't yer getting in, so much as it's a municipal drain. City property,"
    is her explanation about the police, "Hence the cops interest in it if ya keep breaking the lock. Might be another entrance, and moving Hedge Gates are a thing, just hafta uh...Claim the Hollow?" Circe shakes her head, "Sorry Ram, I ain't the best occultist. More a gadget girl."

10. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram scratched his neck. She hadn’t said had much but given the response he could guess $500 was far from what was needed “Monarch or not I’d rather not be a burden. I could work to pay it back. You know, incrementally.” From the way he rubbed it his nape must have been very itchy “Could promise it even.”

“People really load up old year books?” he asked doubtfully. If he was honest, he wasn’t even sure he would recognize himself back them. He’d been much smaller. Had at least two fewer horns. While the Mask offer… clues, how much had he changed. Did he really want to see? “And don’t you normally need an address to get a library card?” Was he hopeful that was still the case? He hated the idea of seeing what his fetch had done to his life. Yet at the same time… he was afraid to see it for himself.

“Sooo… whose idea was all this? Why not continue with the plan?” he asked in response to her explanation of the Hollow and arena. She seemed… hesitant to give the full story. He knew the Freehold wasn’t stable. That much seemed obvious to him. Yet they weren’t the court of Winter. If she had lost someone… if that loss had engendered sorrow… it was better to express, it. Not hold it close and let the cold creep into your heart.

He chuckled a bit “So if you kept winning that means either the rules were skewed your way, they were bad students or,” he gave another almost teasing smile “you were a bad teacher.” He looked again at the assortment of plywood and blown up rubber. “In any case I’d hardly say the fact that Summer is the best at combat is a poor reason to stop training the other Seasons.” So long as it didn’t demotivate them.

“What?!” he said with faux shock “I can wear a corset as well as the next lass.” He hefted his hand, and pretended to slimm his waist and hefted his pecs “Ladies come in all size ya know,” he huffed indignantly before guffawing. “I’m looking into buying my own “armor” right now.” Nothing like he used to wear in Fairy but he was working on that.

“Ah,” conceded the Render when Circe explained the situation “That makes sense. I know enough about the Thorns to make another Door if the first Gate ain’t in a good spot. Not well,” he admitted “ but an offset of few miles is easy simple enough.” He paused, the neck itch apparently irritating him again “I’m, uh, kind of an expert when it comes to fey defenses. And how to tear them down by hand.”

12. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread