Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2009) Is Three a Crowd?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 3, 2020 : (2009)Informal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The Lady Notary nods slightly, showing approval as the newcomer demonstrates a solid grasp of giving respect and honoring titles.
    "Well met, Madame Durant. Welcome to Sacramento."

The Mekhet seemed to be off to the right foot unlike some - and he strode over to join the conversation. She had half formed the thought as to why he would insert himself when he announced himself as default Priscus. Wouldn't that be a treat.

A touch of a polite smile touches her lips. Given his rocky start in the Domain, she was curious exactly how well he would guide this newcomer. Hopefully she wouldn't more than one attempt at Acknowledgement.

"Congratulations Priscus Quilz." She rasped. "I trust you have been well since we spoke last."
    Madame Durant was given another appraising glance. The Nosferatu rather liked the mini dress. Her own formal wear was smoothed for a moment as she considered attending the next informal court in similar attire. Jennifer believed that education allowed second chances and so she fell silent, ever watchful and listening for Madame Durant's response. Let the Priscus take direction of his clan mate, as was proper. She remained on hand for any questions, of course.

She was all about being helpful. And just more than a touch of curiosity - about the newcomer, about how Priscus Quilz would take to the role and a half dozen other things.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes , Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn gave the gentle Lady Notary a well practiced curtsy. Her chin inclining to her chest her hands coming to her sides palms up, showing no hidden purpose and absolute deference. When she arose from her curtsy her fingertips grasped each other in the front, and held together delicately in front of her. It was a physical sign of 'I have nothing to hide.'

"We are well met Most Gracious Lady Notary Hazelton." Quinn confirmed the mutual feeling of a proper introduction. Feeling something tight inside of her guts ease a moment before the other Shadow joined them.

Quinn regarded Priscus Quilz then. Her gaze like an elevator up and down, down and up a few times, before she curtsied to him as well, though not quite as deep as the one she offered the Lady Notary Hazelton of course.

"Good evening Most Honorable Master Horatio Quilz, Priscus of Clan Mekhet." She greeted him formally as well, and her smile stepped a notch for just a touch of a second as he let slip his title in the Order, she nodded gently to that knowledge but did not give anything back as of yet.

To his question she spoke fully in a conversational tone. "I have come to conquer new horizons and to find a place that is my own. It is hard for one such as myself to stand outside the very long shadow my sire casts. I wished to be valued on my own merits not just the ties of my blood."

And that was the truth of it. The very heart of it anyway for Quinn. She revealed a few things in a short period of time. The truth was often double edged, after all.

4. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio pauses for a moment in his response. "Oh, of course, thank you. I have been well enough Lady Notary Hazelton, and you?." He thought it was just SOP but he tries to sound excited for it and not let slip the dread or indifference of more leadership responsibility.
    Horatio watches Quinn as she answers, he takes in the strange archaic titles but shrugs it off.
    He listens to her about the why and sympathizes with the kindred.
    "Well, I am sure most can relate to that."
    Horatio decides to jump into it. "Let's get to it then. Have you ever committed amaranth? Or plan on committing it?"
    Horatio looks to Lady Notary Hazelton to see if she disagrees with him conducting the acknowledgement and if he has slipped up yet?

failure
    Feel free to lie

6. Likes , Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn watched Horatio as he 'got to it.' She seemed to take in the question, quietly reflecting on it for a moment.

"Firmly no, to both, Master Quilz." She responded confidently and without the slightest hesitation in her answer.

She looked to the gracious Lady Hazelton, and nodded her head to her as well, just as if she had also asked the question.

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The Lady observed the Madame Durant and the Mekhet Priscus quietly, making observations. She wanted to give the Priscus room to exert his authority as Priscus. For this reason, she was quiet to allow him room to maneuver.

The Lady is aware of the glance from Mr. Quilz. She gives him an approving nod and then an encouraging and gentle nod to encourage him to continue. She was a bit curious if he was using his Family Gift to scan the newcomer. The Lady was most curious about that point.
    The Lady turned her head to closely observe Madame Durant during her answer.
    3 successes

"A wise choice." Her voice grates, a wry smile on her lips.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

10. Likes pisces liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio smiles and looks her over again before moving on. "Good, do you recall the rules of Elysium? If not, I can give you a refresher on the subject.
    Also, the Laws of the Domain are as such." Horatio recants the laws from memory, he had plenty of times to look the binders over with his multiple attempts at acknowledgment.
    He looks around and makes a point of pointing out different officials. "Those are the main people, the Prince other there who is also Gangrel Priscus, Seneschal Alice Hart there , Jacque the Ventrue Priscus, and you met Lady Notary Jennifer Hazelton also Nosferatu Priscus. Twist is not here tonight, but she is the Archon and Daeva Priscus. Now for the unofficial, that is Dirt Nap there, that is Mable leader of the Circle of the Crone here, JC Smith newly acknowledged, Edward and Alexander are not in attendance tonight unfortunately.​" He stops and waits for Quinn to digest everything before moving on.

12. Likes pisces, liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded to Mr. Quilz when he asked about the Laws of Elysium and the Laws of the Domain. She was in fact aware. She smiled serenely, almost wistfully for a moment.

"Yes, Master Quilz, I do recall the laws of Elysium, and I dearly thank you for bringing me fully up to speed on the laws of Domain." She paused a beat and looked mildly impressed, and said as much to him. "I am frankly impressed you have them memorized so easily! I shall endeavor to be as able myself for anyone new as you seem to be."

Quinn strayed closer to her Priscus as was still polite, of course, yet to better follow him as he pointed out who is who. She hung on his every word, and she repeated their names to herself quietly as he said each name and pointed them out.

"I see, very very interesting. In my last Domain I helped quite a bit with Security interests and helping get eyes and ears on the streets digitally to keep up with anything that may raise eyebrows or alert to potential threats. I would of course like to make my skills of use to the appropriate authorities. Thank you so much Master Quilz, for pointing people out for me."

She is telling the truth! You do discern that from your roll Ms. Hazelton!

14. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had remained silent for a bit, studying Madame Durant for any tells of deception. As far as she could see, the newcomer had been truthful.

"Her Grace, Prince Alessandra Antinori, Priscus of the Gangrel and Lady of the First Estate. " Jennifer grated. She had waited a few moments for any additions to be made, yet she felt pressed to see her Grace properly introduced. "Including Lady and Priscus is not necessary in speaking to her in this setting, yet formal introductions and a deferential language do assist. This Domain has the Rule that her Grace is not to be approached unless she requests your presence.
    "I am very interested in hearing more of your interest in the digital sphere and security. One would speak to the Seneschal about important needs that require scheduling an appointment." Jennifer nods to Alice, not being so uncouth to point in Court. Perhaps Madame Durant could rise.

"That would be Seneschal Alice Hart of the line Nosferatu. She is Valued to the Domain.
    Another Valued member of the Domain is the former Voice of the Prince, Priscus Jack of the Ventrue. "
    Jennifer indicates him as well.

"I would be remiss if I did not point out that her Grace, the Archon Twist, Judex of the First Estate and Priscus of the Daeva, is deeply Respected in the Domain." She hits on the title that Priscus Quilz misses sharply, her Curse highlighting the value of the Judex role.

The Lady held the firm belief that in order for Madame Durant to be able to put her best foot forward, she needed to know who was important to the Domain.

16. Likes pisces liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio smiles and gives a slight bow to hide his smile turning to a smirk.

"Ah yes, I am not of the Invictus and therefore ignorant of the titles as Lady Notary Hazelton has so lovingly demonstrated. Moving on to the fine print. The Three Traditions will be kept in full, do not violate another's haven, if a blood hunt is called, you will be expected to participate. None are allowed to inflict final death upon another, only the Prince can grant that privilege. Treason is of course, frowned upon. You attendance is expected in all formally announced courts, and of course you are not allowed to feed on emergency personnel. Also, any issues, please take it to your Clan Priscus, me, or another court official to see if they can deal with whatever it is, before the issue is brought to Her Majesty's attention. And of course the only exceptions to Elysium is Mask of Tranquility and Aspect of the Predator​."

He looks to Lady Notary Hazelton as he speaks the next part. "
    And of course etiquettes are stressed here and common sense obviously. Any questions?" He looks back to Quinn as he finishes his speech.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn addressed the gentle Lady Hazelton, straying a bit closer to the Nosferatu Priscus as she covertly nodded to those in question as they became best visible. Noting their proper titles, but on this Quinn did not repeat them to herself. The titles. Only their names. It said something for sure. That she was that comfortable with Invictus titles.

"My deepest gratitude is owed to you Most Gracious Lady Hazelton for your astute attention to detail. I do acknowledge that I too see the finer details of etiquette as equally important as our nightly pursuit in self betterment and further refinement; therefore our language must be a reflection of that refinement and understanding. It also reminds us of what we must strive towards next."

She addressed Master Quilz with a warm smile, nodding. "I am deeply appreciative of your time this evening Master Quilz. I do understand that pulling my superior's attention from their work is taxing and I will endeavor every resource available to me in making sure it was time well spent." She paused a beat before continuing.
    "Where exactly are the boundaries of the Rack? I wish to be extremely observant in our laws of domain. Let's go over that quickly, as I could see that being a faux pas of epic proportions, yet easily made if not crystal clear."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread