Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Waterfront Encounters

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was a long day basking in the joys of job hunting. The thing about a new city? It means finding a new place. The thing about a new place? It means getting payed. Which, not a real problem for Puck, but still something that earned a much needed wanted break.

For those not planning on attending the October get together, Puck still stood out with his three golden glyphs as he meandered the streets of Sacramento's historic district. The Libertine's eyes flicked around the area, clearly searching for something they didn't see. He could appreciate the calm bustle of people and the charm of the carefully restored buildings near the water's edge, but the sudden growl emanating from his abdomen made clear those things weren't what he was looking for. This was about finding a place to eat enough food they have to roll you back to the motel.

And so the search continues, guided by Fate to either food or someone with directions.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze is casually enjoying the riverside scene, the people and the atmosphere. Something draws his attention, though he couldn't say what. He's wearing black sweats and athletic shoes and a solid gray tee shirt and a contented smile.

"Hey." Kaze says to Puck in a friendly tone. "Sorry if I'm bothering you. Do I know you from somewhere? You look like someone I met at school, did you go to UCLA?" He asks curiously.

Kaze does not have Mage Sight going, and does have Transform Aura and Cloaked Spells to appear like a Sleeper.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had been in the city for some months now but it was still much she hadn't seen and exploring the city by taking long walks was her standard it was what she liked to do with her free time when she wasn't training, spending time in the little woodland areas that were around here or tried to create something new.

Her white hair flowing in the wind, smiling a bit over how practical the life arcana were in order to help make her hair recover and become silk smooth again after having used the chemicals on it then again she often used her rejuvenation spell to keep her hair and skin silk smooth a girl was allowed some vanity after all right?

Spotting the unexpected sight of perhaps her closest friend amongst the awakened in the city, smiling a bit as she walks over and gives Kaze/Chase a quick soft hug.
    "Hi there."

Her eyes walking over towards Puck.
    "Ohh I am sorry, hope I didn't interrupt anything?" Smiling a kind relaxed smile at the stranger, her entire presence being extremely calm.

Skye has active life spells on her that are not hidden and does not have mage sight of any form active.

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thank Arcadia.

"Hey!" He's smiling ear to ear, grateful that Fate finally took pity on him. Then Kaze's query finally got a laugh out of him. "Uh, sorry, no. College was like ten years ago for me?"

The wrinkles around the eyes? The slowly receding hairline? These are what your thirties look like bud. Though Kaze didn't really look like he'd be struggling through them the same way Puck had been. At least he had the Fate arcanum to take the edge off life now.

As Skye grew closer he couldn't help but continue smiling to the glyph laden Shaman.

​"Not interrupting. I was actually just going to ask your friend here for a good place to eat. I'm famished. Want to tag along?"

Eyes bounce between the two. Thing about social Acanthi? The more the merrier!

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze returns Skye's hug in affectionate, platonic fashion.

"No worries, Skye." He says smiling, "I just met...?"

He turns to Puck. "Hey, sorry. Yeah, college was about that long ago for me too; you just looked...feel...familiar I guess. We seem to be about the same age..."

Kaze smiles again, "Anyway, call me, 'Chase'; this is Skye." He makes introductions. "I've been living here about two years."

Kaze looks at both Puck and Skye, "So, if you want a nice place to eat, 'The Delta King' is pretty cool, either the bar and grill or the Pilot House restaurant. It's on that riverboat over by the bridge." he points out the structures.

"Good food and a great view." He offers.

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling towards the unknown man and nodding kindly.
    "Sounds good, as long as the place isn't vegan that being as long as my presence will not be a bother of course. I was mainly just out to learn to navigate the city better, far to used to more rural places." Lightly chuckling a bit, she had been here for months but the city were still hard to adapt to.

The platonic hug with the hero lover ending as she looks at the two of them, thinking if she could at least pass as the little sister to a friend duo to onlookers.
    Her eyes going between them both.
    "Wow you both went to college? Is it all it's cracked up to be? I kinda finished high school and went my merry way to explore the lands instead, ever tried to survive a winter with just the things you can carry in a backpack? Now that's a humbling experience." Smiling a bit, at least if an apocalypse happened so did she have the training to survive in the wild.

"Yes Skye, with an E and about four-five months here for me. Where are you from mister? Since you're looking for a place so do I guess that you're rather new around here or perhaps just visiting." Her tone nice and friendly, seeming genuinely curious and interested.
    Shrugging her shoulders a bit.
    "Either is fine by me, not really that good with restaurants overall I am far better at hunting and cooking over an open fire."

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Puck."

Finishing each others sentences? Why not. The Libertine listens as Kaze explains his earlier inquiry. Looks like mistakes were made on both sides but you know what? It's all good. He knows where the food is and that's what matters today.

"Nice to meet y'all." Steps resume, and the boat bar is getting ever closer. He wasn't expecting a river boat but he wasn't being picky either. The little tidbits of information are being tucked away as well. Tenure. Age. Names. Taste. Then another question was posed for him to answer.

"I'm from Minnesota." Want to talk about rural places and bad winters? Puck just went all in on both. "Went to college back there too. Class of twenty ten. I enjoyed it. Learning things and meeting people is always fun."

The Acanthus looked curiously at Kaze. Truth be told? College was kind of just Life Lite, a taste of independence and some basic skills in a career you wanted to pursue. The debt wasn't great, but that was life in a world where you couldn't just download knowledge with the mind arcanum.

"Nice thing about restaurants?" His attention returned to Skye, continuing to smile like a Fool. "You don't need to be good. You find one you like through trial and error and give them money till food appears."

Welcome to the magic of civilization, where transmutation is just a matter of having the right colored paper with you.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh wow, Minnesota." Kaze says, sounding impressed. "That's hardcore. I pretty much have only been in warm places, L.A. and then Okinawa." He explains. "I got into UCLA on a football scholarship, and then got hurt. Never did get to play, and ended up not finishing when they got a new coach that 'wanted to go in another direction'." He says using finger quotes, though his tone is not particularly bitter.

Kaze shrugs, answering Skye. "I liked school a lot, actually. I was just kind of figuring out what I wanted to study when I lost my scholarship though."

"I'm taking classes part time at the University of Sacramento now. I think I appreciate it more now then I did before, even if I still haven't totally figured out what kind of degree I would want. Working kind of casually towards being an EMT now."

"No worries!" Kaze laughs when Skye expresses her concern about a vegan restaurant. "They serve meat." He says, indicating the riverboat hotel and restaurant nearby.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her mind searching for the word as she hears it, clearly thinking before lightly shaking her head a bit.
    "Sorry don't think I've ever been there before. Nevertheless it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Puck, may I ask what brings you so far from home and just visiting or here to stay?" Ever the curious one.

Walking along as the two speaks of college, that was not something she could get into neither had she attended any nor had she ever thought that she would making her experience and knowledge on the subject slim to none, still the wind around them felt nice and calming to her mind, snapping out of her little trance as she were being spoken to.
    "You're right there but you do need money to get their food, besides it's rather enjoyable to hunt and fend for yourself. You never know what you're capable of until you've been pushed to your limits and it's a rush when you haven't eaten for days and you finally manage to find prey, kill it and get to eat." Smiling a bit at her memories "Although bear is really not made for consumption and something I highly recommend avoiding." Yeah no never again.

Lightly shrugging towards Kaze/Chase
    "Finding oneself can take some time, school might be a good place for some to do that but at what age we are ready for it may vary. Me I didn't really like High School to begin with so that was probably enough and not so sure I would be able to handle higher studies." Looking around a bit "Now to join a gymnastic team and try to see if I could compete in the olympics might be interesting though and more my speed or just join a school to be a cheerleader, those competitions looks quite fun."

Thinking for a moment.
    "See our little future hero, all credit to those in the medical profession and puhh not in the mood for a salad." Her eyes going over towards Puck "Say do you work within the field you studied at college?"

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Okinawa?"

One of these places is not like the others.

"I majored in journalism and went home to write for my town's newspaper."
    Puck turned around to face the two mages, shrugging as he did. The blessings of Fate cleared the people on the street for him as he walked backwards towards the restaurant. "Riveting work writing about state fairs and small town gossip for most of a decade."

Dramatic eye roll was dramatic, but he's still grinning. Child like glee that turns to surprise when Skye talks about starving and bear meat.

"Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah..."
    Eyebrows are arched up, even though he tries to continue smiling. "I think I'll stick to my restaurants and bacon burgers personally?"

Thing about mages? They look for Truth in weird places. Skye? Clearly a Thyrsus. Puck? Clearly not. No judgment here, just the facts.

"Gymnastics sounds cool though!" Subject change is inbound. " I can't do that kind of stuff, but it's always fun to watch."

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread