Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2009) Of Princes and Paupers

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 3, 2020 : (2009)Informal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC was glad she hadn’t taken offense at his misstep in naming. Though that didn’t help him relax. “I’ll do that your Grace,” he said, tying himself into having a conversation with the Kindred who he imagined was second most likely to kill him.

Interests? That was a bit tough. Not just because it was a fairly broad question but adjusting the response to what was acceptable for him to reveal at this point “Philosophy. Martial arts in an encompassing sense, though I’m more inclined to learning than just watching. People watching but that can be done at most events any way,” he said with a tiny smile. “However, as her Grace said, I’m also looking to learn what the city as to offer.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, your Grace, Miss Mable, what are your interests?” He wished he could say being genuinely interested was his main motivation. While he did wish to know, he also wanted to turn the conversation at least a little off of himself.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod to Mable as she talks with JC.

Looking to JC as the conversation flowed, she shook her head, “Not at all, but I was planning to leave you in Miss Woods capable hands.” She knew not everyone enjoyed having her around. And it didn’t really bother her, she got it.

“So if you’ll both please excuse me.”
    And with Cain by her side, steps back into the room.

Ale returns to the main thread
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave Ali a nod. "Your Grace." She said as a salutation.

Once the Prince walked away Mable turned towards JC and got a really good look at him. Not bad, seemed quiet, deflected from himself. hmmm. Emily was right, Mable had been reading too much psych 101.

"Hmmm, martial arts. I end to be a boxer myself. But There are some martial artists at my gym. I could bring you down and introduce you if you'd like. For philosophy, there are quite a few local universities which have night time lectures. That might be fun for you."

"So me. Well, I like to box. I work as a Urban Forest Ranger. I run a farm. Which I would love to have you come visit sometime. It's really relaxing. I also like going to this little coffee cafe. Mostly I work and do patrols around town."

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC bowed as the Price bowed out of the conversation. He wondered if he had said something wrong while at the same time be relieved. Though he did his best not to show it. “Have good evening, your Grace.”

Which just left him with Mable. Ostensibly anyway. You were never alone in court.

“I do boxing as well,” he said with a smile that was only partly to cover up his fear “When I say martial arts I mean martial in the general sense. Fighting. Swords to wrestling. I’m interested in improving across the spectrum.” Now that his life required violence.

“A farm?” His thought of her on a ranch had not been far off apparently. “Within the city like one of those community garden?”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave him a grin, "Swords? I have always wanted to learn that skill. Maybe we can find a ummm fencing? place and you can show me or I have plenty of room to spar and sword fight on the farm." She was pleased he could box as well, that could be fun.

"Well, the farm is officially the Crone Farm. But I run it with some help from the local agricultural college. It has several fields, flower gardens, a barn, green houses, and chickens. I have plans to eventually open it up to the public for events. For now I have a flower stand that students run and a corn field. the corn field has been turned into a small corn maze. Which I hear is well visited by the local children. Sorry, I tend to babble a bit when it comes to the farm."

"So what brings you to our city? I'm sorry if you told others when you arrived, I was unavailable last month." She tilted her head slightly in a gesture of listening with interest. Her smile was soft warm and inviting.

6. Likes Scourge liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Heh, yeah, swords.” Though most of his experience, especially sparing, ran in puggle sticks. “As I mentioned to her Grace, nothing specialized, but I have a solid understanding armed melee combat. Fencing; sparing; that sounds fun.” And he could use the practice, even if the bruises didn’t heal like they used to.

“So you’re part of the Circle he asked?” Part of him tried to respond darkly but he didn’t want to bring that up now. He knew the answer anyway he reminded it. “The farm sounds quite extensive. And no need to apologize. Most people enjoy talking about topics they’re passionate about.” A suspicious part of him wondered how deep her connections to the university and its students went.

“As for what brings me here. I’ve been travelling for a while,” Though not long relative to eternity. “And been looking for a place to settle down.” Try to enjoy life (or undeath) again.

8. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Great, we should try sparring at some point. I haven't worked out for a while." Okay it had been a week since she had a fight at the gym but not with a worthy opponent.

"Yes, I am part of the Circle. I tend to be more about the paganist ways and celebrating the earth and life." She gives a lilting laugh, "I just realized how weird that sounds to be a vampire and celebrate life. But it is important." Her smile was warm as she spoke. "If you ever have any interest in what I do for ceremonies or rituals, feel free to ask or even come watch sometime. I try to keep things simple. And Basically I try hard to practice just being thankful everyday."

"It seems we are all travelers, even if only for a while. But finding a place to settle down for a while and call home is really good. The change of pace is good for you. Sacramento is not bad for a city. It has some suburban areas, plenty of parks, a massive amount of grave yards, cultural things like music and art exhibits, and sooo many different clubs."

"As for the domain, it is a great mix of people. While the Prince is Invictus, she welcomes all covenants and expects everyone to be accepting and tolerant of each individuals beliefs."

"Do you have any questions in particular?"
    Mable looked at him with interest.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

I’d like that,” he said, though he wasn’t sure about her comment about not having worked out in a while. Some Kindred considered the difficulty in killing another to be an excuse to inflict pain.

She just now realized how it sounded. He somehow doubted that. However, she did sound fairly young based her speech (unless she was one of the few to adjust that as they aged). “It’s not weird,” he assured her “I can think of worse ways of meaning making. I’ve learned some about the Circle while traveling but I know there is quite a variety when it comes the worship of the Crone. Do you follow a specific goddess aspect here in Sacramento?” It could help know the cult’s leanings, though he’d likely have to research to really know.

He smiled politely at her description of Sacramento. He’d heard it before and so far it had held true for here. However, it would take another month or two before he considered this to be a ‘change of pace’. “I’ve been making an effort to explore. Mostly parks. I admit I haven’t noticed too many grave yards,” he said. That she had worried him a bit but that might be the fear talking.

JC’s suddenly went to the random thought of going to a job interview. The advice was to always have questions prepared. Advice he clearly needed to follow more resolutely. “Nothing particular,” he answered, considering “I suppose I’ll ask what drew you to the Circle?”

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"There are several goddesses I like to follow. Morrighan was the one I first learned about with her representation of the maiden, mother, and crone. But I love Persephone because of how strong she is and of course the connection to spring and nature." Mable wasn't sure if that was what he was asking.

"I joined the Circle once I came to the domain. The Hierophant at the time answered some of my questions I had about the Circle. I tend to be super curious about things. Anyway, he asked me questions about myself and suggested I might look at the People of the Land. I liked what I heard and read. It fit with my outlook on the world. So I studied and joined the Crone. There are several factions in the Circle. The ex-Hierophant was of the Second Descent. If you are interested in learning more about the different factions I would love to discuss them outside of court. Even if it's just for your own curiosity. Just know my door is always open. I welcome anyone from the domain to visit." Mable didn't usually talk much about the Crone because she never pushed beliefs on others. But she did invite them to watch or share in celebrations with her.

She gives a little shrug, "And if you have any interest in grave yards or any of the forest areas, let me know. I have access to most of them because I do the tree work for the city. There are some beautiful paths to walk and awesome history to be explored."

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"The Morrigan, eh?" JC asked, stiffening ever so slightly.

1 success

He didn't recognize the other positions she mentioned off hand. Who were the People of the Land? What was the Second Descent? However, such things could wait or now. Right now he need the more basic information. "And is there someone else within the Circle to help in your ceremonies?" She'd dodged the question slightly before but with the mention of the particular goddess he wasn't about to drop the subject.

"An arborist as well?" Between the graveyards, parks, and the farm that sounds like a lot of ground to cover. "I have to admit, I'm intrigued at what paths and history you could show." Intrigued and scared. Over cush a large area, what bodies could be buried?

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread