Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2009) Of Princes and Paupers

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 3, 2020 : (2009)Informal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“I am…,” Terrified, on edge, nervous, dealing with a supernatural mental affliction that made him afraid for his life when he looked at her? “Doing as well as I can, your Grace.” What was more likely; her killing him for lying or her killing him for not saying this was the best domain ever?

“I’m still in the process of settling,” he conceded “I’ve found a good location to sleep but there is still much I feel I need to learn about the city.” Manners, culture, threats, whether he’d be happy here.

"Is there anything I may do for you this evening, your Grace?" he asked a bit nervously. It was a bit of a risky question. Though not as risky as asking what he 'could do for her'. Mostly he was curious why she was talking to him and it could provide answers to that. More generally, he was checking for work or ingratiating opportunities. Without a Covenant he could use some favors (in either direction) to secure his place a bit. Mercenary but it had gotten him through the first couple months in other domains. Sometimes.

Continued from (2009)Informal Court...
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

As her Beast snarls once again in her ear, she looks to see Mable making an entrance. A nod was offered to her, acknowledging she had seen her. The question she posed to Dirt Nap and Jacque was curious. Perhaps if one attended Courts they would now who was who.

Her attention shifts back to JC with a nod, “That’s good to hear. It can be difficult to get settled into a new Domain. Something I know I never personally looked forward to.” Moving and learning the local customs was a headache.

“The woman who just entered is one of our cousins, Miss Wood.” Her head nodding in the direction of Mable.

“What specifically were you looking to learn about?” offering to help would be a good step towards being more social and approachable. Though she certain that Cain made her unapproachable.

The question was unexpected, “Do for me?” she asks, “Nothing that I’m aware of. But if you were looking to see if the Domain needed any assistance, I would have to know what help you could provide. Though I should say that things have been quiet lately. But that doesn’t mean that something won’t make itself known.” Their world was a dangerous one.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Dirt Nap was a great help in that regard, your Grace,” he admitted “I’m sure I would have made some mistake without his guidance.” Either from accidental poaching from not know city limits or approaching the Prince directly not knowing she was more than just a Priscus or just using the wrong word, Sacramento was a bit of a minefield. Though no domain was without them if truth be told. “And of course Seneschal Hart was a font of information.”

He turned when Alessandra indicated another Gangrel and immediately regretted it as instinctual parts flared with their needs when he saw again all the Kindred he had been trying to ignore. The dirty blonde woman in the black dress probably would have looked more at home on a ranch if you judged her purely on looks but inside he knew another Beast dwelled. His lip twitched slightly despite himself before he looked back at the closer threat.

“I’ll make an effort to make an introduction, your Grace.” Assuming he was ever let go. “It’s always good to know family.” Though the Gangrel had their own way of showing it, they did take care of each other he’d found. He just didn’t depend on it going beyond advise. At the end of the night, you had to survive on your own.

JC imagined himself taking a breath as part of him worried that she was search out his weaknesses. Or that the monsters behind him were. “Learning everyone’s name and association, your Grace,” he mentioned casually, though it was the first step in learning local politics. He paused considering. “Seeing if there are any public events take part in or observe, either Kindred or Kine.” With Kine it had more to do with hunting… and still feeling human. With Kindred it was a way to get involved as one of the unaligned and learn more about each covenant.

“Of course, your Grace,” he responded when she tacitly inquired of his abilities “I have training in close combat, armed and unarmed.” Though given his age, he probably didn’t have half the supernatural capabilities needed to win in a fight with other Kindred but being a shock troop was more than cannon fodder. “I also have professional experience in working with government agencies and expert knowledge in mediation across cultural boundaries.”
    Last edited by JC Smith; Sep 14th, 2020 at 03:32 PM.  Reason for Edit: coloring speech

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A simple nod, she knew Alice was extremely capable in her role as Seneschal. But it was still nice to hear that another though similarly. “She’s also an excellent one to talk to if you were seeking information or someone to simply talk to.” She enjoyed the Haunts presence.

“If you would like, I can introduce you, I’m sure she would enjoy meeting you.” There was no hint that she had to introduce him. He was free to approach her on his own if he wanted. Made no difference to her. “It’s nice to have more family in the Domain again. Our numbers, like many others, seem to fluctuate.” Would they have four going into the future? She didn’t know.

“That’s easy enough to help with.” Dark eyes looking about the room, “The gentleman over with Mr Dirt Nap, would be Mister Jacque , the Priscus for the Ventrue. The other woman who entered is Lady Notary Jennifer Hazelton, Priscus of Haunts. Then we have Mr Quilz, Priscus of Shadows. The only one not here at the moment, would be Her Grace, Alder Twist, Duchess of Sacramento, Judex, Archon and Priscus of Daeva.” Each was nodded to as she named them. “As to events? None that I’ve been made aware of. Though it would be nice to have a public event and get out. But if you enjoy the theater, Archon Twist has a stunning theater that is worth visiting.” The shows really were remarkable.

“Armed? Any particular weapon you prefer?”
    that was always good to know. “And having someone else who is combat orientated is always welcome.” She’d tried to help other learn to fight, but some took to it, some didn’t. “Well, you have quite the skill set. I’ll keep them in mind and should something come up that fits, I’ll make sure and let you know.” There might be a future for him in the Domain.

Though there was no obvious Beast, she still notices the new face. Cain does as well, his dark, murderous gaze watching the new girl. But her attention moves back to her Cousin.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Fluctuate. He remembered Alice’s comment of how Sacramento was a crucible. Did the Domain drive out those that couldn’t survive or did it consume them?

He was a bit hesitant to confirm an introduction. It would be useful but it also felt like a trap. A social strike to obtain a favor disproportionate to the act. Though that could be the fear talking. “It would be an honor, your Grace, if you would do me that favor,” he replied, trying to calm the anxiety he was having over his answer. Even if he did end up owing more than expected, that meant he made himself more valuable to the Prince in turn. An investment.

While JC wasn’t good at doing any accents, he was alright at hearing them. A difference of emphasis between Mr Dirt Nap and Mister Jacque. And while the logical part of his mind had suffered under the curse, his social instinct had not. They were of different classes in Alessandra’s mind, even if only barely recognizable through her speech. He knew how much the Invictus valued their titles and was pretty sure the distinction meant Jacque fell into that category. But he wanted to be sure. “So, Mister Jacque, Lady Hazelton, and Alder Twist are Invictus?” he asked tentatively. She had earlier referred to Mable as ‘Miss’, was that an Unconquered term. He couldn’t remember. “I know Mr. Dirt Nap is part of the Ordo Dracul.” That left a couple unknowns as far as covenants. Including Mr. Quilz, who had assumed a Priscuship between now and last month.

He nodded along as she explained the unfortunate lack of events. It certainly made things more difficult. Especially since the one she mentioned was likely out of his price range at present. “The Nota Bene,” he confirmed “I’ve heard. What types of productions does it normally put on?” He imagined ‘traditional’ would be the answer.

“Nothing in particular for preference, no,” he admitted, while leaving out he sometimes had difficulty with larger weapons. “Most training has been general rather than specialized.” Or simply learning ‘on the job’. He felt a sinking feeling when she said she’d remember his skill set.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of acknowledgement before she looks to Mable Wood , and motions her over.

Seemed he was knowledgeable to some extent on Invictus titles. Always a good thing in her book, “Yes, they are.” And while she could list off who was in what Covenant, she didn’t feel it important to the conversation.

“The Ballo Della Notte.” She corrected, “It offers a variety, sometimes Shakespeare, and sometimes shows filled with acrobats and contortionists. Which are quite exciting productions to see, but if those aren’t your thing, there are more mundane things like art galleries and I imagine with Halloween coming up, there will be numerous events taking place. With the University so close, the students are often hosting various things.” She personally preferred the BDN.

“Not necessarily a bad thing, it sounds like you’ve managed to make yourself proficient with numerous things. Which I see as being something good, means you’re good in a pinch.” She praised. Well, it sounded like praise to her.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable came over when beckoned by the Prince. She gave a deep curtsy, "Your Grace."

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

The Prince didn’t elaborate on Covenant association. He hadn’t exactly been explicit in wanting to know more, defaulting to how most Kindred society seemed to run. Through implication and innuendo, occasionally broken by violent bloodshed. It allowed deniability and did have a place in not provoking the Beast. However, he couldn’t help but feel she was trying to set him up by not revealing who belonged to which covenant.

“Apologies for the mistake, your Grace,” he conceded, feeling ashamed despite himself. Damn memory. Internally he repeated her words to himself, trying to get them to stick. “Acrobatics?” he sounded intrigued. “I’ve seen examples of large-scale theater performances but never been to one in-person.”

“And I’ll take your advise, your Grace; see if there are any Halloween events.” That was a pretty good idea. Though he imagined any holiday pub crawls would be within the rack, he hadn’t really been aware of a University in the city.

He gave nod of deference to her compliment and as Mable approached he gave another to his cousin. Not wanting to seem too forward he didn’t saying anything to her just yet. He still wasn’t sure on the protocol of neonates ‘speaking out of turn to their elders’.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

As her Beast snarled in anger, the Savage smiled with a nod, “Good evening Miss Wood.” She greeted, Cain’s eyes snapping to look and study.

“I wanted to introduce you to our newest Cousin,” glancing to JC with a nod, “this is Mr JC Smith. We were just discussing events and things to do within the city. Perhaps you’ve heard of something going on.” They walked with different crowds, hence would hear different things.

A shake of her head to JC, “No worries, it can be easy to mishear things.” She was sure he wasn’t the first, and wouldn’t be the last to mispronounce the name. Hell, she might have done it herself when she first arrived. “Then you should take in a show some evening. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. And should you wish to speak with Archon Twist about the show, I’m sure she would love to answer questions.” Twist was quite proud of her theater, which she should be.

“Mr Smith, Miss Wood has been in the Domain for quite some time, and I’m sure she could help to answer any questions you might have as well.”

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a smile and nod at the introduction. "Thank you, your grace." Turning to JC "I am sure I can answer your questions. Or at least direct you to someone who can."

"What are some of your interests? I get around the domain quite a bit with my job and usually know what's going one places."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread