Ended
Watch

Blossoms of a new life

THREADID
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Help wanted" Gerrit look at the sign for at least several minutes, as if waiting for someone to tell him what to do.
    Of course, the days of someone telling him what to do were over now. He brought his eyes up to the sign above the door: "Rosie's Roses - and other blooming beauties", it said. The store was small and inconspicuous, but the displays showed impressive arrangements and the owner (Rosie, if the name was to believed) seemed to have her heart in it.

Well, just because I'm starting a new life doesn't mean I have to leave everything behind. The thought of a new life still felt somehow sad, bitter - but he couldn't just lay down and give up. Besides, even with the bartered financial support of the Winter Court he would have to earn some money to not burn through his savings too quickly.

He realized he was just stalling. This may be a new city, but to make it a new home he'd have to take some risks. He took a deep breath, repeated the rehearsed introductions and entered.

Instantly he was engulfed in the smell of blooms and grasses, the smell of life. There weren't many plants, but everything Gerrit saw had the same warm quality as the display arrangement. He felt more at ease and it took him a moment to realize he was actually smiling. Almost forgot what that's like - that's a good sign!
    Behind the counter in the back of the room a girl in her twenties was watching him curiously, but not unfriendly. Of course. You do look like you belong in a slaughterhouse or a lumber mill after all.
    No, that's not right. He remembered that that's not what this girl sees when she looks at him. Gerrit raised his hand in an awkward greeting and made his way toward the counter. The girl - Helen, not Rosie, according to the nametag on her green apron - straightened up a bit more and gave Gerrit her best saleswoman smile.

"Hello, welcome to Rosies Roses. Are you looking for something for the missus?" Dang, that hurt and she could probably see it in his face. Hastily she added "Or hubby. Listen, I don't judge". "No it's - I uh... I saw the sign in the window. Are you still looking?"
    This time it was Helen's turn to be flustered. "Listen, no offense but aren't you a bit too old for this? We're talking two to three shifts a week, this seems to be more of a student's job." "Yeah, that's no problem for me. It's perfect, actually. Please, just give me a chance and I won't disappoint you." Helen actually cracked a smile. "Hey, we're not saving any lives here, just selling flowers, and it's not like people are lining up to work here either. How about you come in tomorrow, I'll introduce you to the owner and have you take over my shift? This way you can see if that's really something you want to do with your free time and the boss can judge for herself if you'd be a good fit." And you get a day off, to boot. Gerrit didn't complain, however. He is a hard worker and knew his way around the decidedly un-butch art of all things flowers.
    And sometimes all you need is a chance.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Closing Glimpses, as you should.

Closed Thread