Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC didn't really stalk the night so much as meander with slight purpose. He was once again exploring the various nocks and cranies of Sacramento. Tonight that had led him to Granite Park. AS far as parks went it packed a lot into the space it had. There was recreational areas, small amounts of wilderness, and a dog park. Right now, the Gangrel was leaning against the dog park fence, watching the canines running around. He couldn't risk actually going inside. Dogs were a lot less friendly since his embrace, but he still enjoyed seeing them.

However, he wasn't entirely at ease. This was outside the communal grounds Alice had shown him a map of. Even if only just. At the same time he was curious about Florin and why it brushed so close to central Sacramento domain.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Mind if I join in?

3. Likes Scourge liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Go for it

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

In the dog park reading a book, sits a kindred watching a husky play with other dogs. The other dogs do not approach the kindred but they don't avoid him completely either. Only the huge husky approaches checks on the kindred, and goes back to playing after a pat from the kindred. After each page, he looks up, smiles while looking at the dogs and then goes back to reading. A backpack sits on the bench next to him but the other spots are open next to him as well.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC watched the dogs run back and forth, mostly ignoring their owners. A tiny terrier was being too curious about the nether regions of a German Shepard. He smiled slightly when the bitch snapped. Should have seen that coming.

A husky ran too and fro, trying to find someone to find to play with but it was all for naught. The sled dog ran back to check on its master. Did he want to play? Did he… did JC recognize him?

The Beast tensed once again. Even without sensing the taint, the fearful part of JC was on edge at any chance of meeting a vampire. And that chance was now. He did know the man. There hadn’t been any official introduction but that meant relatively little. JC wasn’t even sure if the man was a ghoul or Kindred but the fact remained that they were here.

What did that mean? A traitor to the Prince? Operating outside the domain? Or just the closest dog park to run their hound at? JC couldn’t be sure.

Still, he wasn’t about to run just yet. Experience said to learn what he could, even if the Beast said to run.

The Gangrel, circled around the fence, making sure not to try to hide. Letting the potential Kindred see his approach. Not trying to scare them.

“Hey,” he called out calmly when he was close enough “I know recognize you from the last business meeting. That your husky? What’s their name?” It was a bit of a strange way to start a conversation but it did in a pinch.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio sees the newcomer and watches his approach as he steels himself to the beast.
    "Hello, why yes, his name is Daemon. I do remember you, I see the business meeting fared well enough. Horatio Quilz, at your service." Horatio marks a spot in his book and puts it away into his bag. He closes up the bookbag and stuffs it under the bench clearing a spot for the newcomer if he wants.
    He offers a handshake to the newcomer before pointing to Daemon, Horatio makes a inquiry. "I know why I am here, what about you?" The Kindred doesn't seem perturbed at all, curious even.

His attention seems to be on the newcomer and not the dogs anymore, he has a friendly smile to go with the curiosity in his question.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC watched Horatio reach under the bench and immediately thought he was going for a knife. Not even seeing the empty handed offering of a shake completely dissuaded the Beast that Quilz wasn’t a threat.

“JC Smith,” the Gangrel said with a slightly forced smile as he took the hand in greeting. “I’m exploring. Trying to get to know the different areas of the city.” he admitted, his eyes turning to watch Daemon for a bit before returning to the Mehket "Is this... your spot?" he asked as nonchalantly as he could. Kindred could get touchy about territory. If JC was intruding he wanted to know.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio looks taken aback for a second before a dawning of understanding shows. He laughs as he answers the question. "Yeah, no. I am new in town as well and I am still looking for a good dog park for Daemon and me. Tell me Mr. Smith, do you have a place to reside?" Horatio pats Daemon as he runs up again and then rests his hands in his lap again as Daemon runs off. "Dirt Na... Er Mr. Clay and me have a place you can use for a bit if needed. It's a big house, would be a shame to waste rooms. I don't think the order would mind a guest at the chapterhouse."

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC relaxed slightly when Horatio said he was also new, which meant the Gangrel wasn’t intruding. However, the question about his own place of residence, ramped the paranoia again. JC tried to calm the parts saying Quilz wanted to know where he slept, or wanted to take advantage if he responded in the negative. Call and response. He had asked AND his clothes did give off the homeless vibe, even if he’d found a place to stay (free of rent).

The next words helped again. That the man knew Dirt Nap. He was in the Order. Though that didn’t dispel the fears entirely. Nothing ever did anymore.

No, yeah. I have a place to stay.” Basic but there. “Though I appreciate the offer. From those I’ve scholarly types I’ve met, I wouldn’t have expected it.” The Order was secretive. Was this a recruitment attempt? Or trying to lure in someone to experiment on. JC had heard rumors. He reminded himself to calm the paranoia again.

"Though if you're offering, I wouldn't mind a tour. See if it's better than what I've set up?"

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio laugh uproariously. "It is a boarding house until a presence is established, and no, we are not so far removed to not offer shelter to those in need. I want to offer this as a apology to me coldness at the office. If you want to join my order, that is fine, but I am not one to push for it. Until I have a full order to contend with, I can run a wayward house until then."
    He looks to the dogs and watches them play, noting their rituals and fairness of play.
    Turning back he smiles at JC and hands over a card with an address. "when you want, I can give a tour, it's not much, but it is more than most. And there is no fee, just upkeep and maintenance." Horatio ponders on if he might join, but is not gungho on it. Instead he is hoping for a community event or display, hoping to show the order can be easy to deal with by newcomers and accepting. But really, he doesn't want a kindred out on the streets if he can help it though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread