Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC’s head tilt’s slightly at the laughter. He didn’t consider the comment that funny. Maybe Horatio knew why they were made. Funny because it was true was a thing after all. Still, it felt like the Gangrel was missing the joke.

“It is still you’re house,” he said “Or your organizations. I wouldn’t want to impose.” Though the truth lay beyond that truth “But if you’re sincere about the business meeting stuff,” JC hadn’t even considered that, after all Horatio wasn’t the only one to barely acknowledge him “I think it would only be a trivial thing. Or you know, a tour,” he gave a small smile. He really didn’t want to impose but he didn’t want to seem naďve to a Kindred opportunity.

Yet something more important reared it’s headYou have a full order?” The fear was back, manifested as a crease in JC’s eyebrows. “You’re in charge of the Scholars?” Crap. Had he just over stepped? Or was this a Lord with delusions of grandeur. There was no certainty. He took the card a bit apprehensively. The Savage had thought about joining and then Quilz had brought it up. Maybe the man was good at cold reads. Or maybe he could read minds.

“Thanks,” he said on automatic, barely registering the address even while he tried to focus. “When would be a good time to tour.” JC felt like he was swallowing his tongue. Damn being dead and having no saliva.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio checks his phone real quick for the time. "It is no imposition, it is just me and Mr. Clay for the time being."
    Horatio watches the dogs again, and is envy of them and their ways again. The question catches his humor and he gives a great exclamation before turning back to him.
    Ha! A full order not, there is just two and I am only in charge until another higher rank shows. Until then I am in charge yes, but I do not have the title of the one in charge of the chapterhouse, it's a internal matter but it is not given upon arrival, or is it? I think it is by seniority, nevertheless it is nothing for you to worry about."

He checks his phone again before answering the last question put upon him. "I am free anytime, just call me or Mr. Clay if you want a tour." He smiles on the last part.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC noticed Horatio checking his phone a couple times. “Expecting a call?” he asked even as his mind went to darker anticipations of ambush. The fearful parts of himself were getting stronger. He assuaged them by scanning his surroundings. The dogs, their owners, the sounds of teenagers skateboarding, but no signs of ambush. They tried to say that those same creatures could easily turn into enemies but he had done as the fear wanted and didn’t let that bother him as much.

He studied the man as he explained the Order’s current status and remembering about the fluidity of Domain populations. As well as Alice’s view of what that meant for those that stayed here. “I’m guessing you weren’t expecting to be in charge? Even of just two people. That probably feels odd,” he commented. Though maybe he was reading in too much.

“But I’ll make sure to give you both a call,” he confirmed holding up the card “See from there whether me staying there would work out.”

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio calmly puts the phone away after checking his schedule from a minute ago. "No, was just checking the time and my schedule to be sure I was really free before telling you otherwise."
    Horatio considers the next comment before answering. "Yes and no, I expected something of the sort but the reality of it is much different. I have orders, but they were vague so I am winging it. Horatio nods at the card. "Please do, I know Mr. Clay would be overjoyed in giving you a tour. I'd love to show you our growing library and training area." Horatio calls to Daemon before grabbing his bag and a leash for his animal companion. He stands up and looks to JC and gives a warm smile before offering another handshake. "If you are in danger or need some help, don't hesitate to call me. It can be hard being new alone, might as well congregate and make it easier through numbers. If you'll excuse me, I have other dog parks to scope out, it was a pleasure talking to you. Don't be a stranger."
    Horatio clips the leash onto Daemon and starts to head away.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC shook Harotio’s feeling a little… he wasn’t sure how he’d describe it. Whirlwinded? The conversation seemed abrupt and slightly confusing. And now, as Quilz got up to leave, it was over.

“Thanks, and good meeting you,” he said in response, looking again at the card. Pondering just how sincere the man was. Wondering why he would make such an offer and if the Dragon knew of some danger he didn’t. He reassured his paranoia he wasn’t takin it likely but he also felt he needed much more information to get a better judge of Mr. Quilz’s character and mindset.

JC continued to lean on the fence, watching man and dog retreat, while he listened to the sounds of the park and the night.

Thanks for the scene ��. I'm good to close if you are.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Thank you as well, good to close.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread