(Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Maxwell? That was a new one. Or was it? What was Rhodes first name, anyway? Was it actually Maxwell? Was Rhodes even his last name? It struck Sonnie just how little she knew about the Autumn King... but that was probably how he liked it.

Still, she hoped she'd remember the pseudonym and not call him the wrong thing during this dinner. Her memory could be spotty at times.

Then came the other news. Sonnie blinked in shock.

"Not your girlfriend?"

Gears turned. The hamster ran in his wheel. The wrong conclusion was reached.

"How could you? You cad! You bounder! How dare you dump Sera and then force her to bring you here tonight!" Where was she getting those old fashioned insults? What did they even mean? Her fist smacked the tabletop as anger started to cloud her expression.

Hands reached out and grasped Sera's sympathetically. "Oh, honey, I'm so sorry! Let's order drinks we can throw in his face!" A firm nod, and when drink orders were made, she called for a... Zima?

Do they still make Zima?
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

2. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

While she had been hoping to tell Sonnie another night, Rhodes seemed content to tell her now. Well, no getting around it now.

But it seemed Alex caught on, and she smiled, “Thank you. And that’s very gracious, but I’ll personally just take a water.” She did want to show the engagement off and do the whole jumping around thing with happiness. Which had been done, but not with Sonnie. One of her best friends.

With Sonnie’s reaction, she almost laughed. Seeing this side of her, outside Freehold business, was touching. That she would call the Dread Lord names AND throw a drink in his face for her? That was a real friend.

Her left hand was placed on Sonnie’s, a smirk on her face, “No no no, there is no need for that. I’m touched that you would do that for me though.” Pointing to her hand, to the ring that now encompassed her ring finger, “We’re engaged.” Her angelic voice soft, but the happy smile was there, the Nix excited.

“How have you been Alex?”
    she asks.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes smiles at the compliment. "Thank you, but no. Never been a huge fan of champagne, if I'm honest. I'll happily share wine with the meal, but should probably find a suitable pairing, wouldn't you say?" He glances tot he waiter taking drink orders. "The fish, I think.... and a Talisker single malt, thirty-five if you have it, twenty if you don't. Thank you," He added his smile to the server.

Emeralds turn back to Alex. "I have a few profitable endeavours, but I suppose if you had to boil it down to my single most usual source, I would have to call myself a professional gambler. But I also trade in rare books, if you are into that sort of thing-"

Sonnie's outburst cuts him off, and the Dread Lord's features twist into a smile. Some people were all to easy to twist.

Dance, Monkey.....

"It sounds like Eleanor has been teaching you a few choice insults from Merry Old England," Rhodes quipped, smirking at Sonnie as Sera explained quite what he had actually meant. "But please. Only a fool would miss the opportunity to show such a wonderful woman as Sera what they mean to them. Whatever else I am, I assure you I am no fool." He turns a little more serious. "Though I don't recommend throwing a drink in my face by mistake. This suit is dry clean only, and I hear the nightmares of guilt can last for weeks." He smiles, though for a fraction of a second, his eyes lose their mirth.

Sigh. It's just not the same without the winds.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

6. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded with indifference, "I'm always happy to offer options when I don't know the extent of my guest's preferences." His lips slipped into a grin, "Of course, is there any other way?"

Professional Gambler? "Luck or skill?" he quipped back at the proclamation. "Not generally, but that depends entirely on the subject material of the book. Old knowledge or history would be more of my interest than say a rare story."

Then the outburst... surprised Alex. He watched the very unfiltered response by his date leading into an amusing demonstration of loyalty to her friend. Clearing his throat, he reclaimed the attention of the waitress, "On second thought, please make mine a double in a highball glass. I'll be having the beef, a bottle of Thorevilos as close to 2012 as you can and whatever the gentleman enjoys with his fish."

Having completed the order he listens to Maxwell's carefully chosen words to Sonnie. It was a tone of veiled directness that would rival that of many Kindred. "I see why you all are so close," he interjected. "Neither of you hesitated and missed your opportunities." Nice... pleasant... neutral.

"I've been well, actually. Business is steady and I've recently traded up my car." He pauses before returning the gesture to Sera, "How about yourself? Aside from the obvious good news, of course."

Blood Hunt:

8. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie's eyes went to the ring, after a moment, the realization dawned on her. "Ohhhhhh...."

Another moment, and the second stage of that realization hit her. "Oh! Oh my god! Congrats!" The jumping around Sera had wanted? Sonnie provided it, bouncing in her chair excitedly. "Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

A grin was thrown Rhodes' way. "Why, yes, Max! Ellie also taught me crocheting and how to dance the Charleston. Next week we going on a trans-Atlantic cruise where she'd gonna tell me a story all about this boy she knew way back when named Jack. I'm sure it has a happy ending." An apology for the accusations of knavish behavior seemed to be not forthcoming.

The waitress had the unfortunate duty to inform the young woman that Zima was discontinued. Again. The Beast made a sad face. "Awww, man... that sucks. Always wanted to try Zima. Oh, well!" She shrugged. "Get me a... um... what's a gimlet? That's a drink, right? Let's try one of those! And make it dirty, whatever that means!"

She looked to Alex and smiled, "Um, thanks?" Missed opportunities?

Maybe I'm being a little too Sonnie?

Dial it down, whacko.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Realizing she still needed to order her choice of meal, she ordered the chicken. Something light.

While the others might have hidden their true nature, the Treasured had not. And an eyebrow was raised at Rhodes statement, her Mantle flaring slightly. He had to know there was no way she’d allow that fate to befall Sonnie.

Sipping her water, she watches the exchange between Rhodes and Alex. It was a subject she didn’t know a whole lot about. Not really being very good at cards herself.

But books and history? Count her in.

“I find my library has quite an extensive collection of history in it. Just when you believe you’ve a great book on your topic of interest, another comes along. And then you’re left with having to expand the library.”

Smirking, “Should see them when the topic is very serious.” She tries to joke. Not her best one, but, she tried.

“Oh? Congratulations. I’m still trying to settle on what car I’ll be investing in.”
    ok, so maybe she forgot about getting her own car. But it was still going to happen. “The coffee shop is doing well, and I’m taking the semester off from school, so looking forward to that. Should be able to get some things taken care of.”

The Nix had to laugh at the obvious joy coming from Sonnie. “I can fill you in on it over coffee sometime.” Nodding.

“What’ve you been up to?” turning the talk back to the Beast, “Oh, Alex, did you know Sonnie is a kung fu master?” trying to talking her friend up. Cause to her, Sonnie was a master.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Of course." Rhodes smiles. So nice to meet a man of ettiquette. Though what he saw in Sonnie was... curious. "No-one who relies on luck can turn into a professionalanything," he says with a shrug. What was he going to say? Gambling is a trace-free way of making money? A victimless crime that brings fervent emotion into the world for a secondary feast? No.

He nods to Sera and Alex. "History in part, certainly. But I have always has an interest in the development of literature throught he ages. From morals to legends, and how they change through time as stories develop - though obviously that's a far more personal interest."

The flair of petals he could see spinning in the air and the scent of grass as Sera's mantle rippled outwards made the Dread Lord pause. It was in his nature to intimidate when threatened no matter how trivial, but they were here for Sonnie after all. Still, no-one seemed the wiser, and he slipped a hand over Sera's, offering a tiny apologetic look.

He would not change who he was, but he would reel himself in for tonight, for her.

"I have had a somewhat varied array of jobs too dull to go into - suffice to say, quick words and thinking on one's feet became second nature," he gives Jack a smile. "One has to be fast to keep up with Sonja, however. Her mind goes a mile a minute." Even if it rarely focused in place, but that didn't need to be said. Sera was clearly showing her friend in the best light, so it made sense to play along.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Alex chuckled, "So I'm noticing," he responded to Maxwell with a playful wink towards Sonnie. Her sudden shift towards excitement for the couple Sera being evidence of the sharp turns in thought and emotion.

Eyebrows raised, "No, I didn't. That's quite impressive!" He glanced towards Sonnie, "Where did you train?" given her youth and eccentric tendencies he couldn't quite rule out a strip mall certification.

As drinks arrived he sipped on his, "Making a drink dirty just changes out a few of the ingredients or adds something that alters the color or clarity."

He nodded to Maxwell, "One of the things I've enjoyed about legends is when they have elements of truth sprinkled throughout the tales. Do you have a favorite?"

Blood Hunt:

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"My mind is a steel trap doing 60 MPH down the highway," she nodded in agreement with Rhodes. Maybe more of a steel sieve, but whatever. At least the mile-a-minute math worked out correctly.

Her eyebrows jumped up as Sera mentioned the martial arts. She looked to Alex and smiled humbly. "Oh, I wouldn't say master. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm getting closer every day." At the lawyer's question, she laughed and answered him, "Cobra Kai."

Wait, weren't they a karate dojo?

Also, fictional?

The realization hit here that she had not ordered her dinner yet. Unusual for her not to be on top of that. Quickly, she ordered the chicken, then helped herself to the appetizer. Mmmmmm, a tomato slice and... green things?

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Sipping her water and nibbling on the appetizers, she listens to the conversation. Pleased that Alex and Rhodes seemed to have found a somewhat common ground.

At the touch and look, she squeezes his hand and offers a smile. Sonnie was important to her and he appeared to get that.

“Isn’t that how we all start out? Boring jobs that are not what we truly want to do, but are needed as stepping stones?” she had more of those than she could count.

There was a whole list of things Sera could say, qualities that the Beast possessed. But some would be hard to explain and cause more issues then worth. But none the less, she nods.

“I actually plan to train with her one of these days. It’s going to be great to learn from such talented person.” Cobra kai? Was that the name of where she trained? She didn’t remember Sonnie mentioning a name before, so maybe?

“What do you think of the appetizer?” she asks the Beast.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread