Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Ma'am," Dirt Nap says quietly to Simone. "Do you know someone who goes by 'Melanie'?" He asks. "I believe she was there, and could say for certain who saw what, if she had a mind to."

He lets the others field Simone's questions about how careful they all had been.

Dirt Nap watches Simone closely.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Then I suggest that we work quickly." Simone suggested. She flipped the light switch, throwing the apartment into darkness.

Her eyes return to the window. Her hands move to the lock, flip it open and she raises the window.

She perches upon the window, her eyes watching below.
    "What's your plan?"
    She speaks to the room.
    "What do you need from Small? I assume you found something at the crime scene. I also know that you are on the clock."

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

(Heightened Senses (Sight))Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Edward clicks his tongue in annoyance as the room plunges into darkness. An exertion of will and a negligible amount of vitae tuned his eyes to the black. While speaking, and when listening to her reply, Edward observed Simone, looking for telling reactions.

3 successes

"We were discrete. We are not aware of having been followed. However, if our coming here has impacted your security, on my word, I shall take responsibility. Let us return to the matter at hand." He tries to ignore the fact she was clinging to the window like some kind of cat.

"Please understand, Ms. Simone. We know there was a photographer at the scene; we know your friend practiced photography tonight; and, you are notably close to the Breach. I apologize, for I am convinced you do not deserve these suspicions, and there are many good reasons for wanting a friend to avoid people like us. Yet, how could your resistance raise anything but suspicion?"

"He is, given the evidence before us, a potential witness. I wish for your sake it were not so, but the facts rest as they are. We would be failures as investigators if we did not speak with him."

"We have a report of the photographer's appearance; should he not match it, we shall depart and waste no more of your time. Of that, you may rest assured, Ms. Simone."

"However, if you are willing to make up for the detriment of not speaking with a potential witness directly, then we shall have no incentive to press you on the matter. If the photographer is indeed in your charge, then we are more interested in this 'Melanie.'"

"If this is the road you wish to tread, then your assurance of his silence and the destruction of any photographic evidence will be sufficient. That, and his testimony of the night's events."

Will you let us speak with Small, or will you help us find Melanie?
    He didn't really care which.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

When the lights went out, Mable then pushed against the wall but stayed within arms reach of Simone. Was she signaling to someone? Mable stood silent and at the reading incase there was trouble.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

QuoteQuote:
    "Do you know someone who goes by 'Melanie'?"
    Simone glances at Dirt Nap. "I do know a Melanie. I'd appreciate it if you don't spread it around. She's careful not to poach, but being known to speak to an unacknowledged ... person could hurt my standing. You understand." A pause.
    "You met Melanie? She doesn't put herself out there often, unless she can get something over on the Invictus. Last time we spoke she seemed to think she was being followed."

Simone turns and studies outside of the window for a few moments, moving so she can check the alley way below the apartment. After a few minutes of silence, she replies to Edward.

"My main concern is you want to fix the Breach, yes? Some would simply kill the mortal involved and think it case closed. I have invested time in this relationship."

She turns from the window, fully facing Edward to give him some respect. A possible risk if someone had followed them and was approaching, but she seemed to value affording some respect over security.

"I know Melanie. She'll do just about anything to screw over the Invictus. If she's opened the Family up to risk in her obsession... She has a bone to pick with someone higher up in the organization. This respected individual in the Organization dispatched of her Father. This act made her Unacknowledged.

I can direct you to her. She called me this very evening. It seems she met with my Small behind my back and took one of his paintings. I asked her where it was, and she insists that she covered it. Which means something on that canvas has the potential to be big. "

A glance to the closed door where no doubt Small is. She returned her gaze to Edward, than moved it to Dirt Nap and Mable. Horatio receives a cursory glance of interest before looking to the others in turn.

"You believe that Small took a photograph that could expose the Family?"

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio listens to the conversation and adds a comment or two. "That explains the phone conversation she was having. Dropped her off at the hotel and didn't find out anything else."
    Horatio seems at ease with the dark and is not put on edge by it but is expecting that kind of reaction.
    "He could have taken one, yes. There was a photographer at the scene and this card was found on scene too." Horatio holds out the card for inspection.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

nothing

Jennifer Hazelton

Edward notices that Simone appears to be distracted most of the time that he studies her. She was been perched on the window, looking down with concentration as though worried someone dangerous is incoming. When she stood and faced Edward, she appears to be sincere in the words that she speaks. Her eyes are directed somewhere at his chin and firm, not looking to the side. Her hands are at her sides, not fussing with her hair, clothing or clenching or showing signs of distress.

13. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

When the lights go out, Dirt Nap shifts slightly, making sure that he is out of a direct line with any windows.

"Ma'am. I don't know exactly what Small saw or how big a problem it is. I do know that this 'Melanie' was talking on the phone to someone she called, 'Simone' about a feller she said was 'vulnerable', and that she looked like she'd been in a tussle with her shirt torn an all, and then there's an alley with Small's scent and Melanie's and some unusual blood scent, the kind that probably means Melanie got hurt or hurt someone there, and Small probably saw it, if not took a picture of it. I wouldn't expect a picture would come out too good, but I would like to know what he saw."

Dirt Nap pauses in the dark for a moment and then says, "Maybe you could tell us about who you think might have followed us to you, and who might be out there and why you seem like you seem to be getting ready for a fight?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"I am getting ready for a fight." Simone replies. "I am not convinced that you all were as discreet as you claim. I know of folks who would simply kill the witness and consider it covering the Masquerade. "

"Do you know if any one else is investigating the Breach?"
    She inquires of Dirt Nap.

"Have any other Kindred asked you questions? I am mostly concerned about the Invictus member whose a fanatic about enforcing the Masquerade. Melanie insists that Mr. Kowalsic has ghouls following her."

A glance to Edward. "I never said you couldn't talk to him. I simply wanted to explain to you about his lack of knowledge and that you needed to watch your wording with him. I wanted to ensure that you were not the sort to simply dispatch of him."

ST note: What do you want to do here? Its time for us to continue on as we have been here since August 26th. Lets see your characters hitting their goals

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread