Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Criminal Intent: The Witness

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Four kindred have been charged with finding the witness to the breach and ensuring that the masquerade is protected.
    The investigation at the alley concludes with a solid lead- two potential witnesses.
    The dansing on the edge Melanie whom Dirt Nap and Horatio met earlier in the evening being one. The other potential witness, a local artist, has agreed to meet with Horatio at Rosario's studio.

The four vampires quickly discover that the address is in walking distance from the alley where the breach occurred. As they walk and prepare themselves for another stage in the investigation, each member of the team likely has information to share with the others. The group is in public and care is taken while en route to avoid another complication.

The Kindred need to pause in an alley to determine which studio apartment matches the card. This alley appears empty of fellow night owls. A perfect time for the team to appraise one another and make plans.

We can finish Horatio's call if Horatio had anything important to say before ending the call. The kindred can not arrive at the apartment for a moment, as a plot point is going to happen very soon after the characters arrive. I will move the scene to the apartment when the plot point is concluded. Please verify in your post if your character approaches the apartment or stays in line of sight of the apartment

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

On the way to the apartment and well away from any witnesses, Dirt Nap tells the others. "We met a woman in the Barrens, said her name was, 'Melanie', gave her a ride, dropped her off at a hotel, 'Hawthorn Suites'. That same woman was in that alley; I got the scent. And I smelled Vitae. Either she got hurt, or she hurt someone else, one of us. I think that's what happened. When we saw her in the Barrens, she was talking on the phone to someone she called, 'Simone'; she said someone else--she said 'he'--was 'vulnerable', and she needed Simone's help."

Dirt Nap stops talking as if he had used up all his words for a while, or else is thinking about what he said, pondering what it could mean.

4. Likes liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened carefully and took some mental notes. The names were probably fake but who knows, at least we know it's a him.

"So the piece of cloth I found was 'Melanie's''? Okay. Any idea who HE might be? Could you hear the otherside of the conversation at all?"

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Eyes that were watching passerby's went to Dirt Nap, "if you would be so kind, Mr. Clay, please describe Melanie's appearance." Maybe it was a coincidence, like the woman at the bar, or maybe it was a lead.

8. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well." Dirt Nap pauses, perhaps overwhelmed at the flurry of questions. "No Ma'am, I didn't hear the other side of it at all. She did say, later something about a spy for the Invictus 'rousting' her. I don't know what to make of that. I didn't know her or recognize her, but she seemed to know who people were."

Turning to Edward Dirt Nap seems to ponder. Then he says, "Mister Heinrich, she was something of a looker, not too tall and short hair, blond and green eyes. And she didn't talk like an Invictus. First off, she talked like they were the enemy to her, and she kind of assumed to us too. Then just in general she was...I guess, kind of 'raw' if you know what I mean. Not refined much, I would say. Her shirt was torn, up on the right shoulder. It was dark grey, and tight. And she had red trousers on, leather, I think. If we want to catch her at the hotel we dropped her off at, we probably need to go straight there. 'course, she might not have ever been staying there, just told us to leave her there to throw off the trail." Dirt Nap would have done that in her place, he thinks.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio ends his call and catches up to the others. He lets Dirt Nap tell the others about the evening adventure. Only injecting confirmations here and there but not interrupting as Dirt Nap speaks. "She didn't seem too worried about us knowing anything at all."
    "The hotel is most likely a false track." He flips the card in his fingers as they walk.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened to the information. "I agree I would also give a fake address. However, it is a place to start." She shrugs.

"Also, could be a wig and contacts."

Mable felt a little lost at the moment since she hadn't met the woman herself.

"Did her shirt look torn from a fight or was it more like a stylish tear? Had she said she had been in an altercation?" Mable figured she needed to clarify why she was asking. Maybe she had missed hearing the information prior to this, but she thought she'd ask.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Please give me a Wits + Composure roll

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

2 successes

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Hm," Edward frowns and looks ahead after Dirt Naps answers. He turns to consider Horatio's comments.

Edward blinked in surprise to Mable's ideas; he hadn't even considered a wig. "Indeed."

"We shall speak to her. I find myself especially interested in speaking with this 'Simone.' Yet, our priority is damage control. However," Edward turns to Horatio and Mable, "if you believe you can handle containment, I shall depart with Mr. Clay to address the witnesses among our peers." It hardly required four Kindred to contain one Kine photographer. Or, at least, it shouldn't.

1 success

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread